It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS phones could spy on swine flu sufferers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

GPS phones could spy on swine flu sufferers

www.abc.net.au

Health authorities in Japan think they might have the answer to tracking and blocking the spread of swine flu - keep an eye on the population through mobile phones.

The idea is to track every individual on their phone's global positioning system (GPS).

Then people can be warned if they have crossed paths with anyone diagnosed with a highly contagious illness.

Radio Australia's Connect Asia program reports the scheme is part of an initiative to promote new uses of internet and mobile technology.

It is funded by the Government and will be carried out by Softbank, a big internet and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The title may seem's miss leading as it was to me when i read the head line thinking "oh no, another swine flu topic" but then i kept reading and was slightly aw struck by what i was reading.

Is this not what everyone has been mentioning on how the tracking will be put into place and accepted by who ever feels that they want to be protected from the "infected people".

It is interesting to note that the attention and what ever negative responses are being directed from the opening paragraph to "money", rather than the actual product and its implementation of the system.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is so lame. "swine flu" isn't really much worse or deadly than the common flu. So why not track common flu sufferers as well?

I call shenanigans!

new topics

join