It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A mod to the U2U system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ive been having a problem with U2U, and perhaps i may also have a solution.

Ive noticed that unless im expecting to get a reply for someone via U2U i do not check it. Even though i may be receiving U2U, i am simply not aware of them.

Here i see a major flaw in U2U, there is no notification system on the site nav to indicate a U2U is present. At least one that is not blatantly obvious.

perhaps a modification that places a numerical value next to U2U informing one of new U2U's, or even a simple color change of the button upon receiving a new U2U.

ex.

U2U! (1 unread ) or simple U2U (3) ( for 3 unread new messages )

Possible Look

or a color change when a new message is present.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
U2U will pop up on the tool bar next to search I believe when you have a new U2U. It is yellow and bright so that you can't miss it.

If you don't have a new one then you won't see it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes, i was suggesting however that instead it be put right next to the U2U Button. Similarly to my example.

lightning fast response time by the way

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Why would you need it like that? If it shows up then that lets you know you have a new message. Who cares how many new ones you have. You will find out when you open it up.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i suppose, but this method would make it blatantly obvious. Wouldn't i be easier to see and realize you have a U2U if it was right next to the U2U button. Also if it had a number. or even a color change of the button to let let you know.....

seems more efficient to me that's all, a better way of doing it. Its a minor mod to the layout which would make it easier imo.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You might need to delete your u2u's. Sometimes the color get's stuck when people capitalize your name wrong and it will show as unread even if you have read it.

What is supposed to happen is you will have no u2u tab at all when you have no new u2u's then you'll see a bright u2u tab in red when you have new u2u's.

If you're light is always on, then you need to clean out your inbox. The tab will disappear until the next time you have a new message. That's how you're alerted to new messages. A tab appears whereas you shouldn't have one at all if there are no new u2u's.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
thank you ashleyD i will do that and keep it in mind.
The only thing is up until very recently i was not aware that this message was there. I haven't been on this site as an active poster very long, and funny enough the u2u system notification eluded me for quite some time.

the purpose of this change is to make it more obvious that a U2U is in fact there.

I just figured since i wasn't able to see it at first, then perhaps many new members miss it as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Hi there. Things can get a little tricky around here, especially if you are new like myself. I did however find a lot of answers and helpful guides in the Above Top Secret members handbook.

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

Woof, woof, Scooby Dooby Doo.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I also have missed a U2U before. Is it not perhaps possible to change the service to send an email notification to the recipient informing him/her of a U2U? It is something I will appreciate immensely.

new topics

top topics

join