It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US doctors signal they'll work with Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

US doctors signal they'll work with Obama

my.earthlink.net

CHICAGO - America's largest group of doctors ended their annual meeting Wednesday by signaling they won't close the door on President Barack Obama's proposal to create a public health insurance plan to compete with private insurers.

While the Obama administration would have preferred a strong endorsement, the vote by American Medical Association doctors is a victory of sorts for the White House and the group will continue to be a player in the president's health care reform efforts.

"They're going to be at the table," said Paul Ginsburg, president of the Washington-based Center fo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Is this a major hurdle in winning the battle for National Health Insurance? I hope so.

The greed of the HMO, pharmaceuticals and Insurance companies brought this on themselves. For companies to
make a profit on the suffering of it's clients just doesn't make any kind of rational sense. Pay your insurance premiums faithfully, never make a claim then have them cancel your policy when you turn 50.

The for profit health industry, their high paid lobbyist and the CEOs greed was not in the best interest of the American citizen.

Obama's plan still has some huge hurdles to overcome.

my.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The United States is the only developed nation that does not have a comprehensive national health care plan for all its citizens, and Obama campaigned on a promise to offer affordable health care to all Americans. But the recession and a deepening budget deficit have made it difficult to win support for costly new programs.

Perhaps there will be money available when we stop trying to democratize the rest of the planet.

new topics

join