It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A New York Times report of August 19, 2001 suggested that O'Neill had been the subject of an "internal investigation" at the FBI. The report suggested that O'Neill was responsible for losing a briefcase with "highly classified information" in it, containing among other things "a description of every counterespionage and counterterrorism program in New York". The briefcase was recovered shortly after its disappearance. The FBI investigation was reported to have concluded that the suitcase had been snatched by local thieves involved in a series of hotel robberies, and that none of the documents had been removed or even touched.
Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by adamc3
Brilliant! And what do we know about Congress today??? We have learned, at least i have, that its all the same ball game, just different players. They all have the same agenda.
AND WHAT ABOUT THE THREAT THEY RECEIVED THAT UNLESS THEY WENT ALONG WITH BUSH AND HIS POLICIES THERE WOULD BE MARTIAL LAW???? Just a little threat posed here and there, at least twice or so....
More acting, you know, if anything, you should be questioning BOTH Obama and Bush. Not just Bush. Cut from the same mold.
You're defending one party as if we really REALLY had a two party system.
Concentrate on how you can contribute to get us ALL out of this mess of a country and world we live in. Forget about defending a has been lame duck ex president. A mess directly pointing to >>>>> GEORGE, and now Obama carries the torch.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
To the douchebag OP here you go:
1. On August 6, 2001 Bush was given a national security memo that warned of a possible attack by al-Qaeda during the next few weeks using hijacked aircraft by al-Qaeda agents already inside the United States. Bush responded by taking a long vacation at his ranch in Crawford.
IGNORNANCE IS NOT BLISS! FAILURE TO REACT IS CRIMINAL
2. Bush stopped Clinton's Saudi money tracking system.
HMMM....HOW CONVENIENT SINCE 17 OF THE 19 HIJACKERS WERE FROM SAUDI ARABIA
3. Bush told FBI to stop investigating Saudi money connection.
4. Airlines stocks were being heavily traded during the weeks leading up to 9/11 indicating possible insider trading transactions.
DO YOUR OWN DAMN RESEARCH, BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT THE TRUTH IT IS THERE TO FIND
5. Former CIA Director John Oneil is fired within weeks of 9/11 becuase he did not agree with the Bush's administration on al queda and terrorism in the Middle East.
BUSH ADMIN HAS THIS GUY FIRED FOR ALLEGEDLEY LOSING A BRIEFCASE IN AN AIRPORT WITH SENSITIVE DOCUMENTS.....YEAH RIGHT....OH AND JOHN ONEIL IS MURDERED ON 9/11 AS HE IS IN HIS 2ND DAY OF HIS NEW SECURITY POSITION IN WTC TOWER II
6. FBI employee Sibel Edmonds warned about attack using hijacked commercial aircraft.
BOTH CONDELIZZA RICE AND BUSH LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND SAID THAT THE ADMINISTRATION HAD NO PRIOR INTELLIGENCE TO WARN OF WHAT HAPPENED ON 9/11...THIS IS ON TAPE, YOUTUBE IT!!
7. A German agent told FBI about possible terrorist attack just prior to 9/11.
8. Bush objects to 9/11 commission, he objects to the creation of the new department of Homeland Security, he refused to turn over documents, and he refuses to testify before the 9/11 commission. He does finally agree to testify but only after having an agreement that restricts questioning.
FEWEST AMOUNT OF MONEY SPENT ON AN OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE US. 443 DAYS TILL THIS COMISSION WAS CREATED! IF WERE SO CONCERNED WITH TERRORISM, WOULDNT YOU RACE TO FIND THE TRUTH!
DID YOU KNOW THAT THE 9/11 COMMISSION WAS CREATED ONLY AFTER A COURT MANDATE? LOOK IT UP MORON!
9. NSA intercepts suspect chatter day before 9/11 warning of an attack that next day.
10. Five hours after 9/11 attack Donald Rumsfeld told aides to come up with plans for attacking Iraq.
11. Someone in Bush cabinet allowed the evacuation of bin Laden family member from the U.S..
I KNOW, I KNOW...THEY WERE JUST LOOKING OUT FOR THE SAFETY OF THE BIN LADENS....WHOM BY THE WAY THEY HAVE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS INVESTED TOGETHER IN BUSINESS
12. Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz shut down a plan to weaken the Taliban.
13. The CIA's National Reconnaissance office had scheduled an exercise in which a small corporate jet would crash into an office tower following an equipment failure for the morning of 9/11.
BUT REMEMBER, THE BUSH ADMIN HAD NO IDEA OF THAT KIND OF POTENTIAL ATTACK!
14. Numerous and repetitive lies from Condoleezza Rice, and Bush about warnings they had received prior to 9/11.
15. Rumsfeld threatened a veto when Congress proposed to shift $600 million from Bush's Star Wars program to counter-terror programs prior to 9/11.
DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I DIDNT THINK SO EITHER
16. Clifford Clarke gave numerous warnings to Bush officials about al-Qaeta plans to attack inside the U.S..
ONCE AGAIN SEE ABOVE
17. Despite increased threat warning Tenet only briefed Bush twice in August 17 and 31. This is usually a daily briefing.
DUDE WAS ON VACATION 121 DAYS IN 2001
18. Ashcroft's Justice Department curtailed a program to monitor al-Qaeda suspects in the U.S.
PRETTY INGENIOUS HUH?
19. Ashcroft stops flying in commercial aircraft and starts flying in private jets due to security alerts in the weeks before 9/11.
THIS GUY IS A GENIUS!
20. In 1996 Clinton and Gore recommended changes in air safety but Republicans in Congress removed many recommendations claiming they were two costly for the airlines, or might infringe on civil liberties.
GOD FORBID WE WOULD LOWER PROFITS!
Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by grapesofraft
I'm a bit confused here,
Are you saying that Donald Rumsfelt's plans were not acted apon or,that they were.GW is on record as saying that the attack on Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.
What about Guantanamo? were all legal protocols followed for the capture of the detainees there?