It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For What It's Worth DDoS Attacks On Ahmadinejad Related Sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So take it for what it's worth. I'm not sure what this means but it certainly is interesting.
Currently massive DDoS attacks are sabotaging Iranian government sites. Here is a thread on the article and also a live compilation of the sites.

iran.whyweprotest.net...

greenmov.persiangig.com...

Any thoughts on what this could mean?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Welcome to the new era of warfare. Anonymous has expanded itself into a revolutionary tool for electronic warfare. I don't think this conflict in Iran was going to go unnoticed by certain groups of the internet.

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They hacked into their governments mainframe and sites.

We already know how much technology is playing a role in these protests- it was only a matter of time before someone begin hacking into government servers...

And rightly so...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DragQueen4Peace

It means the people perpetrating the DDOS are idiots. Idiots because they do not understand the way Iran's Internet is set up. It is set up like Saudi Arabia's - all incoming and outgoing traffic passes through servers containing the filtering software, so that banned sites on the blacklists return an error page to the computer in Iran: Screenshot I took yesterday (geolocate on my proxy IP - Tehran).

This means that all the traffic they are sending to Iran - provided it's enough to DDOS the target website's server, will also DDOS the filtering servers, which in turn denies service to everyone in Iran; friends and foes alike.

In short, they're idiots because all they are accomplishing is DDOS'ing the Internet for the entire country of Iran, and not just ddos'ing the target websites.

Let us hope they have worked this out and are stopping/have stopped.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wonder if it's still a criminal offense to do this type of thing, even when it's against a hostile regime?

The sad thing if it is, is those who are orchestrating it, likely know how to hide themselves well, it will be all the newbies who just jumped on board who get arrested if that happens.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by jimminycricket]

top topics

join