It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2004 "Armaggedon" Asteroid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Could this be the one that chagnes the course of human history?

As prophesized widely in the past decades or two, there should be a major asteroid impact on Earth around 2004-2015

maybe this is it? i dobut it though, seeing that there have been so many just like this before.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Based on the article, I don't this is the one, at tleast not on the pass. As far as the prophecies go, I don't think that will be fulfilled by something as predictable as an asteroid. Remeber most of the prophecies are religious in their origin. When God decides to send us a big message it's not, IMHO, going to be with something that can be "explained" by science. No, when that one happens, it will be clear in its origin. Could 2004 be an iteresting and trying year? Without a doubt!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
this has been discussed a lot... and no, it still will not hit.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I honestly think around the time of the Venus/Earth/Sun Direct alignment (june 8th)(being that a marker for most calenders for acient societies) we will see a start of all the things many have come to think to happen.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
this has been discussed a lot... and no, it still will not hit.

I've heard so much related stuff... I thought we were gonna die last year... then February 1st there was supposed to be an attack! Then something else was supposed to happen on February 28th! This is showing how paranoid people are... what is gonna happen if you all are wrong about 2012?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
then we shall find another date to terrorize mankind with >8-)

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Trance]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance
then we shall find another date to terrorize mankind with >8-)

Oh man, count me in on that one

Anyway... I do not think this asteroid is gonna hit... there is so much BS in the news. This is some of it.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It is interesting, althou i am not sure this is the one. If my own vision of an asteroid hitting the sea is true, whatever asteroid hits will be rounder, not so oblong.

I could not put any dates to what I saw, but this was the first time I ever saw a meteorite hitting Earth in my dreams/visions. More than half the night I followed the trajectory of this asteroid, which in itself was strange, and in the vision i realized i was asleep, but I could not change anything even thou I knew I was asleep, like what you can do in a daydream, that you are able to change the outcome, I could not do this.

I do agree with what Major Ed Dames said in his last interview. We are seeing more and more close calls. He didn't say an asteroid would hit, he mentioned planet X passing and the things it would cause.

He said that the first and closest thing to watch for before planet x passes would be that a space shuttle will be forced to land because of a meteor shower, some months later disaster will strike.

I do not proclaim myself to be a prophet, but I know people can see the future before it happens.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
My boss is convinced its going to hit the Earth...he's been yibbin about it for monthes...Toutatis will not hit...but itll be mighty cool looking when it passes...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't think that many people will be able to see it. The rock is miniscule in comparison with the moon and it'll be four times farther away.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
According to the nase site youll be able to see it with a telescope (cheap one) or even some decent binoculars...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
*Yawn* If it happens, it happens- it might be a good thing the way my life has been going. If it does hit, I think it would become pretty burned up so it would just take out a small country or something.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
after reading that article, i was not satisfied... i felt as though something didnt add up. i took out my calculator and checked the numbers...

"The orbit of Toutatis is pinned down with better precision than any other large asteroid known to cross Earth's orbit. Toutatis' 4-year trek around the sun ranges from just inside the Earth's path out to the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. The asteroid visits us every four years. "

"That's close by cosmic standards for an object that could cause global devastation. Toutatis hasn't been so near since the year 1353 and won't be that close again until 2562, NASA scientists have calculated. No other asteroid so large is known to have come so close in the past, though accurate tracking of space rocks is a fairly recent, high-tech skill that still leaves wide margins of error for many objects. "

If this thing visits us every four years then the last time it was this close in 1353 was not at a four year interval. Also the next time it will get this close in 2562 is ALSO not at a four year interval...

Is this article wrong, or am i missing something here???

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
it visits every 4 years. it has not come this close on it's visits since 1353, and it wont come this close on any other annual visit until 2562.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
right, so if it visits us every four years that means it visited us in the year 2000, 1996, 1992, 1988, 1984... and so on.

if we kept subtracting four years we would reach the year 1364, then 1360, 1356, 1352, 1348... it skips right over the year 1353.

This works the same for the future prediction too... again, every four years... that means 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016... and so on until we get to the year 2556, 2560, 2564, 2568... it skips right over the year 2562.
Actually in the year 2562 it would theoretically be as far as possible from us.

Does anyone else see this error, or am i still missing something?!

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

I do not proclaim myself to be a prophet, but I know people can see the future before it happens.

Well, I definitely believe in pre-cognition, but I SO hope you are wrong here, Muaddib. It must be scary to have a vision such as that.

And the only reason I doubt it is (like I said) not that I don't believe in pre-cognition, but because I truly believe that TPTB would never in a million years give us warning of such a cataclysmic event.

And why not you ask ? Well, maybe it's simply the cynic in me but I'm positive that if TPTB knew for sure that such a horrific thing was to come about, they would ALSO know that they would lose control of the populace. People would go nuts doing anything and everything they please. No holds barred. To THEM, that would be worse then Armaggedon, I'm sure. They would lose their absolute control over people and we can't have THAT now, can we ?

No. My opinion is that they'd just let people go on blissfully ignorant in the face of disaster.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The article did say that there are wide margins of error in calculating the distance between the asteroid and Earth. I think that it would have been better if NASA said that there is a possiblity of this asteroid colliding with Earth.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
the chaos that'll follow after the impact will be huuuuuge. countries will fall, different cultures will die or merge.
The UN will be helpless since most of the countries in the UN are already dead or dying. so yea. we're screwed. then, we'll have to start all over. well....maybe not all of us. a few countries will survive. but the economy will crumble, those who are rich will be defenseless. looters will steal from the pussyfooted rich ppl so i'm also screwed as well. i'll have my shotgun, my dad's rifle, and my 9 mm at my side.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i also hope that i am wrong Kayem. I haven't seen all the events that have happened in the world, i am not an all seeing psychic or anything like that. But those visions i have seen, have either come to pass exactly as i saw them, or were so close to what has happened that I believe this vision is true.

i am not susceptible to movies, and as an adult i never have nightmares. I rarely even remember my dreams, those dreams I have remembered have been either visions, and in some i believe i have seen some of my past lives.

The most strange part is that I saw this thing and i followed it for half a night as it went through space, i saw it passing a red planet, which must have been Mars, i didn't see anything else, didn't see the sun or the moon, just stars, a red planet and Earth as it was being struck by the asteroid.

First it was as if i was right next to the asteroid, then as it got closer to Earth I stood back and watched as it hit the ocean. It didn't seem to be an oblong asteroid, but round.
I am not sure of the timeline, thou, that's just more of a feeling. If I am wrong and it was just a dream, i would be the first one to be relieved.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's probably not exactly every four years Demonic Aura, that might explain the error in math.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join