It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan's Operation Phoenix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Afghanistan's Operation Phoenix

www.globalresearch.ca

On June 15, AP reported that "Gen. Stanley McChrystal, a four-star American general with a long history in special operations, took charge of US and NATO troops in Afghanistan (today), a change in command the Pentagon hopes will turn the tide in an increasingly violent eight-year war."

McChrystal is a hired gun, an assassin, a man known for committing war crime atrocities as head of the Pentagon's infamous Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) - established in 1980 and comprised of the Army's Delta Force and Navy Seals, de facto death squads writer Seymour Hersh described post-9/11 as
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here's an article about the man in charge of the operation in Afghanistan and Pakistan.Gen.McChrystal.This guy is pretty much running a new Operation Phoenix in Eurasia.He also ran some of the prisons in Iraq.Looks like this is the guy who will expand the war into Pakistan "looking" for OBL.Makes you wonder what's really going on.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 093030p://2426 by mike dangerously]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Geez, spare me from the Seymour Hersh "JSOC is assassins" stories.

Hersh is an idiot. JSOC isn't "promoted from within based on how many kills you have". What a load of crap.

And I forgot to add (fat fingers). McChrystal is a very political animal who always had his eyes on the "stars". That, coupled with the fact he's spent a lot of his time as a Batt Boy, should make for an interesting time.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Due to being at work I am unable to click on the whole story, but...this was done by the Associated Press? Does not seem like their kind of thing to pick up on. Which is to say, not a typical brainwashing piece.

J65 -- Loved your post! Wise words setting a crazy story straight. I've never noted your profile or posts before, but judging by some things you say, I wonder if we may have gone through some of the same phases in life, if you get my drift. And it is not every day that I see someone use the term "Batt Boy".

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Thanks, Rainmaker.

Well, just for those that are reading this thread, "Batt Boy" is a term for a guy that's assigned to the Ranger Regiments. Some, probably most, don't know what that means.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

top topics

join