It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Far side of the Moon photos - oddities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!!

OK, I see it now as a crater, but now I have a HUGE question....

Are we looking at evidence of water on the MOON????

That "flat top" of the hill is a "puddle of mud" at the bottom of the crater.
The puddle has dried out. It is thicker in the middle than on the edges conforming surface tension of a drop of water.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Heres something,
click warrenb's 4th link, then scroll down to the 6th picture under the moon heading and enlarge that picture....here you will see a similar pic as the one in question, though a strange anomally on the lower hemisphere. An optical illusion again, notice the strange reflective light on the apparent shadow side

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zetabeam

zetabeam....

You've done a great job of taking the original image, and just showing what I said in my previous post.

One cannot claim, based on these pics, that the image in the approximate center of the crater is a 'mesa', as opposed to being a depression!!!

It 'could' be a slightly higher elevation, than the surrounding floor of the crater....OR, it could be on such an incline, relative to the light source at the time the photo was taken (That would be the Sun) that gives the illusion of being a mesa.

What happens, as you examine these photos, is eventually the degree of resolution begins to break down....by pixels.

In any event.....even IF the portion of the crater near the middle IS a mesa....then it will be an amazingly incredibly amazing thing to investigate....meaning, exactly 'how' did such a feature form, from a meteor impact!?!

IF one wishes to imply it is somehow 'manufactured'....then one has to provide a lot more than just mere speculation.

My impression is that there is no logical argument for any sort of 'intelligent design' from these photos. It would be tantamount to saying that the Grand Canyon, and other natural 'wonders' on our planet are also a result of the same 'intelligent design'.....

EDIT: SpellCheck is imperfect....'form', 'from'.....both spelled well, but contextually????

[edit on 6/17/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
To continue....

The walls of the crater slide down to the bottom. As the dry moon sand flows into the wet sand from all sides it puts pressure on the wet sand. Being liquid it gives in, and is forced to bow upwards in the middle.

Anybody have any comments?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
can anybody explain this to me please??

The anomally at the 8 o'clock position

[edit on 17/6/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Are you referring to the photo tagged "618M'???

Again....IF that is the correct reference....when I see these sorts of photos, I simply DO NOT see incredibly top-secret formerly unknown anomalies!!!

There are plenty of other sources for those!

(I can't believe I'm doing this....but, since I've listed him as a friend, I will NOW direct you to a favorite site of zorgon's.....)

(link pending....)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Do you mean the tiny "pyramid"?
Interesting.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'll probably have to copy the images and rotate them to get a better idea--I can't really tell if they are craters or hills, but initially they all look like hills. The description from the page linked just describes them as terrain, while in other images of craters are described as craters.

Anyone have the red/cyan glasses and take a look at the anaglyphs? There is much more variation in elevation than I had imagined! No wonder that moon landing was held off to that last possible second for a better landing area. Nice find!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

wrong picture weedwhacker, look again

I added a link to the picture in question on my last post, i want you to explain if you could the unusual lighting on the southwest side of picture. And i apologise, the word (anomally) to me refers to something unusual. I realise that im not quite up to scratch with the lingo, but ridiculing me for it is not the way to go.
. I found your explaination interesting and plausable about the last pic, now i challenge you to tell me more about this picture ....thanx

[edit on 17/6/2009 by scubagravy]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

A quick answer:

A big crater......with a smaller impact within.

AT THE 4 o'clock position.

BY A SMALLER object, that just happened to impact there.....

Remember....on the Moon....no erosion.

You could almost say, ---- wait for it!------

"What Happens on the Moon, STAYS on the Moon!!!"

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zetabeam

I must have been looking at the linked page when you posted this. Thanks for sharing--still think it looks like a hill, too.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
OK here is a zoom of the crater bottom rotated 90* clockwise.

Tell me if this looks like a puddle to you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Haha , ok, cool. the light source on the inner crater/hill thing in the (8 o'clock) position was the query. I guess we'll never know. Wouldnt it be great if we could setup an independent space program to find out for ourselves!!! Donations from Moon fans and skeptics and a few scientists to get us making an independent type NASA org .

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
WeedWacker ... I stand corrected regarding my previous re-interpretation of the "hill" image. I've chosen a better rotation and yes, concur that in all likelyhood it IS a crater being viewed from almost directly overhead.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
OK, no comments yet.
But I'll keep typing.

Here is another pic with notations.

EDIT- Just realized it reminds me of pancake batter as it hits the hot pan. That may help with the visual.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

The zoom definitely looks more like a crater, filled with silt consistency dust. Wonder how long it will be before better images are released or it is even physically explored, remotely or otherwise.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yes, I agree it is very plausible that it is a crater with a pool of water in the center.

Took me a little while to adjust my eyes to get past the optical illusion.

But yeah, I can see that possibility for sure.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by DarksDeception]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

Cool, at least that shows I'm not crazy. Strange maybe, but not crazy.

Actually, I meant to write in "Mud Puddle", that can't be pure liquid, if liquid at all.
As elfie mentioned, it may be a silt dust.

I'll edit the pic.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Well....Guyver....perhaps it IS some sort of weird "up thrust" area in the midst of an impact crater.

Again....due to the lack of erosion, it is likely to have been there for millenia.

We tend to use experiences, on Earth, to apply to what we see on other worlds....and, that is a mistake.

This crater will certainly be 'tagged' as one of interest, for further exploration, once a viable Moon Base is established, I would think

......edit for Guyver Unit I:

...if liquid at all.

Again, if I was not clear before....I should be now. The concept of "mud" on the Lunar surface is not going to coincide with prevailing knowledge of the environment, ON the Lunar surface!!!!

Prevailing understanding is: Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of the Moon. Therefore, 'mud' cannot exist.

There are a great many alternative ideas, to simulate a 'muddy' look....a pyroclastic flow, for instance. That is just one example, and is based on Earthly observations. We must use our examples, and knowledges....and try to apply them to alien environments....such as on a surface that has no atmospheric pressure (i.e., the Moon). HOW would the events we are familiar with, on the Earth (Geological events)....HOW would similar "luneogical" events play out??? Or is it "senelogical"? Either way, it is describing the effects of impacts on the surface of a world, and what will happen. AND, these impacts and effects WILL NOT be subjected to erosion.......

EDIT because, as I was editing, I received a 'star'. Thank you, whoever you are!!!

[edit on 6/18/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

There does seem to be some thing that looks a though it may be very tall. On one of the the slopes I noticed a long shadow. I'm not sure if it's a boulder casting a long shadow because of the suns angle or if its an artificial object like a tower. I can't tell if this is a mountain or a crater either. In any case the flat area strikes me as odd somehow.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join