It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Confess! I Did It!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm going to burn in Hell for this!

I quit smoking and everything else that is bad for me. I eat healthy foods. I've lost weight and my Diabetes is gone. My cholesterol is perfect and my Blood Pressure is normal.

Tonight I'm sitting here trapped at work in my office until late tonight. I realized I was very hungry. I went to a local award winning Chinese Restaurants site to find something I could eat without guilt.

That is when it all fell apart. I started thinking about General Tso's Chicken and the words just came out of my mouth before my common sense returned. As I type all of those delicious, carb filled calories and fat are on their way to my desk.

It's over and I may as well slit my wrists now as I know I will eat it when it arrives. Every flavor filled calorie of it. My Soul is doomed and the Food Police will be here any moment.

Oh No!!! It just arrived. The smell is almost orgasmic. Pray for me and don't let the those Jack Booted Food Police drag me off before I've finished. I am doomed!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Sir ... sir ... step away from the chicken

I am the ...

I'm here for your own good ...

Remember what happened last time:

Nah, I'm on a major diet too for the last six months, and it's actually a good thing to spoil yourself every once in a while. That's kind of the point of getting health imo.

Enjoy the spoils.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thank you and that's exactly what I did. Enjoyed every carb soaked bit of it followed by a - hold on to your hat now - Mtn Dew!

A blue light enveloped me and a voice spoke to me from above. It was a true religious experience. The light at the end of the tunnel beckoned and I resisted to live yet another day and perhaps, just perhaps, one day eat a giant heavily marbled Rib Eye straight off the Barbecue; smothered in mushrooms and onions broiled in massive amounts of butter followed by, an entire cheesecake.

I'd say Hail Mary's but I'm not Catholic, so I confess on BTS.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'll show you a bit of solidarity.

I've been on my own for the last week and one thing I can't be bothered doing is cooking for myself.

To save me from living on cereals and bread and jam I've had houmous and garlic bread or pitta bread for dinner 6 evenings out of 8.

I'm a bit bored with it now and there's nothing in the house for tomorrow night, except semolina or porridge.

If my housemate doesn't come back soon I'll never eat healthily again. Except for the couple of lettuce leaves I've had in my lunch-time sandwiches.

I do feel bad about it, so I suppose there's hope for me.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Get Rachel Ray's "Thirty Minute Meals" cookbook, or watch the show on cable when it appears. You will be surprised at what you can cook. It is not hard like the other chefs make it out to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

That's kind - thank you. Honestly, I'm just lazy. I don't like messing about for ages fixing up something that will be consumed in about 5 or 10 minutes.

I can be a competent cook as long as it's not too complicated. What I can't manage is flair or enthusiasm. I did try to make it fun once. My housemate was teaching me how to make a fruit cake and has never quite got over catching me recreating Stonehenge with the little blocks of butter

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
That hole no carb thing drives me nuts. A good long-burning energy source is not bad for you. Ya know what though? Forget my loathing for Atkins and let me put it al this way. What bugs me is fad diets period. The Atkins, Zone, blah blah blah...all of it is obsession I swear. I am about 20 pounds overweight and I have tried them all to just get rid of the gut I have. None of them make a solid difference for me because the reailty of it is I am overweight because I overeat...period. I think if people acted as you do they'd be in fine shape. You quit your vices and eat healthy now and once in a while you have a naughty meal. It isn't gonna kill you to do.

now...my above rant notwithstanding...well done on your dieting and quitting of the cigarettes. Not easy but well done

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I don't knock the no-carb diets as my friend and her husband lost a lot of weight following that type of diet. While they did not cut out all the carbs because of the energy, they did cut out most sugars. The both lost a combined 100 lbs on that diet.

The reason I really like Rachel Ray is that she shows how to cook for those who do not have that much time. The meals are very good, and can even be served to family, friends and even dates. Great tips on how to make a hearty stew in under thirty minutes.

top topics

join