It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hail storm hits Westwood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

(June 16) -- A freak storm stunned residents of northern New Jersey on Monday, dumping so much hail that authorities had to fire up snow plows to clear roads, the Bergen Record reported.

Video

Article

AOL Article

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I found this hail storm of interest and thought maybe others would too. I used to live in New Jersey and don't remember ever having weather of this severity. If you watch the video you will see that it is obviously very cold as well and that is the part that is really surprising to me.

Are other places back east having this happen as well? Was NYC icy cold that day?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ahimsa]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

I don't know about East, but here in the South (way south
) in New Zealand, we had a freak hail storm that you can read about here. You can see a pic of someone snowboarding on the beach in an area called the Bay of Plenty. This is one of the warmest areas of NZ, has a temperate/sub tropical climate, and generally has mild winters, with only a handfull of frosts. This storm occured in Autumn (Fall) when a freezing southerly flow blasted up the country. Great for the ski fields

The last couple of Winters have been exceptionally cold here in NZ, and this winter has been the coldest in a long time so far.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
That was a good sized storm there. You're starting winter down there, here it's just a few days before our summer, so seeing those people in Jersey with cold vapors coming from their mouths was strange to me.

I personally like storms and hail. Not crazy about tornadoes though.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That's a lot of hail...I've never seen anything like that.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
I found this hail storm of interest and thought maybe others would too. I used to live in New Jersey and don't remember ever having weather of this severity. If you watch the video you will see that it is obviously very cold as well and that is the part that is really surprising to me.

Are other places back east having this happen as well? Was NYC icy cold that day?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ahimsa]

wow ..... just googled the directions this place is less than an hr away.... and yea it was called that day for june like 55 60 ... but not like that... and my brother told me they also had a tornado waring .... THIS IS NJ.. our seasons are pretty much set .... 2008 2009 , espeaically the latter year this weather has been a bit crazy... and not just me the crazy guy with all the theories .. as my friends think of me.. but they are too... my friend and i were just talking about it today how it has been very cold this year .... and with swine flu going around also... i do not know makes you think... but i am crazy i do not know...

GREAT POST ...

PEACE AND LIGHT

top topics

join