It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Your Best Guess Who The Antichrist is?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Thats just a bunc h of Anti-Eu stuff, nothing what can be proven , thats written by some insaine person, Sorry not meant to offend you

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The anti-christ is whoever you or anyone else fear at that moment in time. Obama is not the anti-christ. He is simply the same kind of puppet as the last few presidents have been.

There is always so much speculation on who the anti-christ is. Lately it was Bush baby then Cheney (I could actually begin to believe that one). Now it is Obama. Is the American president always going to be the anti-christ? I remember during Bush 1s term where people thought Mulmar Khadafi (spelling is way off there but you probably will know who I mean) was the anti-christ.

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your question. Again, it's whoever you feel is the most evil at that point in time. I'm sure your view will change in a year or two.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I have to agree with you on the Obama card. There is something about the guy that I personally do not like, and I don't trust him at all. The day he was elected president I did not feel good, I almost literally threw up. It past after 30 minutes. I personally never felt that way about any of the other presidents that we had. I agree that he fits the bill to the tee. I have also read the Left Behind Books, and found pretty scary actually, even though now, i don't believe in the rapture as it was made up in the 1830's, and re written by the same guy who made up the theory.
Only time will tell!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchdog-Finland
reply to post by Bombeni

Thats just a bunc h of Anti-Eu stuff, nothing what can be proven , thats written by some insaine person, Sorry not meant to offend you

You don't offend me at all. Anti-EU stuff though? This prophet, one of many, who interpreted world events and foretold how they would unfold were either speaking for God or they were the most incredibly insightful, and most-underpaid science fiction writers who ever lived.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here's Hal Lindsay's answer:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Quite a bit of our understanding of Christianity is negative today because of the work of Anti-Christ. For example, wars throughout history. Jesus taught us to love our enemies. That rules out the Crusades as being "Christian," for example. Today, churches preach tithing. Tithing is not part of Christian doctrine, and pushes away those who would believe in Christianity. Saving works, as taught by most churches, also push away those who would believe. When you add it all up, most teaching and churches in the Christian religion are anti-Christ.

The Book of Revelation describes the situation most fittingly. It calls the Christian church the Great Whore that sitteth upon all the earth. Think about it. What is a whore? A person who sells her body, and denies her morals, for money. Has that been happening? Sure. What else do we know about the Whore? She is called Babylon, which is a name that means "mixing", as when making fodder. How would this Whore be involved in mixing? Mixing truth with lies. For example, tithing is a Mosaic law. Jews today do not pay tithing, but Christians have adopted the practice from Moses. Another example, baptism. Baptism is taught to be a requirement to go to heaven. It is a misunderstanding of one line of text due to it's translation into English from Greek. No other supporting texts for that concept. Works of righteousness for salvation is another misconception. When you start adding them up, people become more and more disenchanted and divisive. Denominations form, separating what was in the New Testament "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all."

Why? Money. Start a new church, make a lot of money. Some Christian churches aren't even Christian, like Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses. They have a completely different concept of God, and each church is exclusive. In other words, if you don't follow their doctrine you can't go to a great place. Their doctrines center around your personal worth and righteousness, earning your place in heaven by following the teachings of their "more correct" translation of the holy scriptures and the personal revelations of their leadership. The end result is people living in a feeling of guilt because they can't do enough to gain their heavenly reward.

The Great Whore is on TV now, with televangelists. Send money, get a healing. Send money, help spread the word. Send money, god will give you more money because of your "seed" faith that you have "planted" with your "seed" money. Of course, this approach likely turns off more people than it draws in, so once again the society we live in looks at Christians as fools and charlatans, out for the big bucks. Who can blame them? The end result: people turning from Christianity. This is an effective method of the Anti-Christ.

What I am saying is this: the Christian churches you see doing these things are part of the Great Whore, as they are mixing the truth with a lie.

Here is the truth: God loves you. He sent His Son into the world to save you, not condemn you. He has a place for you in heaven. His Son was sent to draw all men unto Him. If you do not believe here, you will get a second chance there after you die (Jesus went to preach to the spirits that were taken in the Great Flood who had not heard his teacings, for example (I Peter 3:19). You will be with Jesus after you die, you will see clearly then, and you will see the love of God for you. Few will evade or deny it when it confronts them face to face: come with Jesus and feel the love of God forever, or turn away of your own free will to go away from the love of God. In spite of your sinful ways on earth, God has provided a way for you to enter heaven and it is not based on any works of righteousness that you have done. It is a free gift, given to everyone. The punishment for all your bad deeds is complete, paid for on the cross by Jesus, whether you accept the payment or not. The free ticket is lying on the altar, all you have to do is pick it up. If you don't understand it here, you will there. He will teach you, personally.

Compare that to the misinformation being taught by churches today. If you are taught the above doctrine, you have no reason to pay money. Just feel free to spread the word. That's how it's supposed to be. Person to person, the "good news" should be "good news" not enslavement to churches psychologically or financially.

So, if it fights against the truth of Christ, it is anti-Christ. Whether it is a religious point of view, like Islam and Judiasm who say Christ is not who He says He is, or if it is Christianity teaching false doctrines.

Jesus said to beware the leaven of the Pharisees. He was warning about how injecting some false doctrine would change the church. Paul warned about false doctrines, and so on. Well, here we are, swimming in false doctrines spewed by the "Christian" church itself, the Great Whore that sitteth upon the whole earth, Mystery Babylon is her name because she mixes the truth with a lie. There are agencies fighting for the truth, like the Bible Answer Man program at www.equip.org, and the People to People ministries of Bob George, but the tide is too strong for the Great Whore.
Therefore, the average person doesn't have much of a chance of finding out the true love of God.

I suppose that's a reason to think of these times as like the times of Noah. In those days, if you were a young person, you would have to overcome the hundreds of years of knowledge and wisdom of the old people who were living well past 600 years old. Not much chance, so God destroyed that system to provide a way for the young to learn the truth. Now, we are so young by comparison that we don't have the time to get enough information to find the truth because there is so much deception. Time for another beginning, or a final end.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

thanx for the video, but it sais what was the roman empire there is countrys what never was in the roman empire, such as Sweden,norway,finland,Danmark.the batlic states, poland, so its narrowed where he is from, is the anti christ is a he it can be a she too ?

but thanx

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Amen Brother, Preach Preach!!! Seriously you hit the nail on the head and I agree with you completely. It's all about Jesus and God and their Spirit of LOVE, mercy, forgiveness. Everything else is moot.

The only thing I am not sure about are people who have heard the gospel of Jesus and outwardly, deliberately blaspheme and reject Him. Will these people also go to Heaven in your way of thinking?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Yes, I believe so. The love of God is at work here. Since the debt for these people has been fully paid at the cross, they will see clearly what they have done and the love of God. Few will reject love, and especially the overwhelming love and compassionate caring of God.

Several example parables of this exist in the New Testament. One, the parable of the lost sheep, shows God leaving the 99 sheep to bring in the one lost sheep. That shows me a 100% recovery rate. Another, the debtors, show how one debtor owes $50 and another owes $500, both debts are forgiven, who will love the lender more? Several other examples exist, plus statements by Jesus such as "the Son of Man came not into the world to condemn the world, but to save it". We are His creation, however flawed, and He loves us just like you love your own children, however flawed. He does not give up on you, even though you may or may not give up on Him. If, after you die, and you come face to face with the choice with certain sure knowledge of the consequences of your choice in heaven, and you choose at that time to reject God, He will let you reject Him, just as He did the angels who followed Satan, and Satan himself.

Jesus said "Now we see as through a glass, darkly...but then, face to face" and when that time comes you will know clearly. Not here. No just God would condemn you for making mistakes in a world where you cannot see clearly. We are all blind, that is why they call it blind faith. Some of us have seen Him (www.carm.org...) and know for sure, but most have not.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I like the way you put that. I have always thought that a lot of people are going to be surprised when they die, to find themselves in the place they never knew existed.

But there are some going to hell don't you think? There have been accounts of people who died and went to what they think was hell. Who would these people be, then?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
After reading several posts stating the the 'Antichrist' would be someone loved by the people, I've changed my mind about who it is...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f203fdb83f4a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

That migth be the Anti christ we can only see and watch untill we know, if it is the anti christ there might be assination atempts for sure,

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, as there is no such thing as god then there is no such thing as the anti-christ but if I had to choose I would have to choose Ronald Mcdonald, he is evil personified.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Are you guys kidding me? How many posts do I have to post saying that Maitreya is the Anti-Christ?

There is the spirit of the Anti-Christ but there is also the man of sin.

Jesus taught that we could have the divine nature through conquering the flesh, while Maitreya will probably say to have sex to become a god.

I'm not lying to you guys this is the truth of the matter.

False prophets will:

II Peter 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

You think I want that? If I was lying then this would happen to me. I'm telling the truth MAITREYA IS THE ANTI-CHRIST.

What the Spirit reveals it reveals.

[edit on 6/20/2009 by watchtheashes]

[edit on 6/20/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
dont know if its been mentioned here...but do some research on Supriem Rockefeller. i think he is being groomed to be "their" AC, but it wont happen as we are moving towards oneness and unity.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Maitreya is the Anti-Christ. Sorry I'm telling the truth. I'm just like any other follower of Christ, but I know who the Beast is.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

The answer is right before our eyes. The anti-christ is everyone we look at. The anti-christ looks back at you in the mirror. Society has evolved into the anti-christ by putting the most value on their material possesions. Worshipping money. Wanting "nice" things. Jesus taught that the rich man (which could equate to any of us back in those days) should give all his property and possessions to help those in need... Giving a few buck to a charity here and there doesn't cut it. We are the anti-christ.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

In regards to your Maietreya = 666 "theory"....why in the world would the answer be hidden in a "code"?? Does God like riddles??

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

Actually God does like riddles!

"It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out." (Pr 25:2)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This might seem ridiculous but assuming that the Anti-Christ is not necessarily evil... and "the beast" is more of an all encompassing spiritual entity neither evil or good really: I saw in a movie that the Dalai Lama has said he would not reincarnate as a Tibetan next time. What if the next incarnation of the Dalai Lama turns out to be the antichrist? Many Christians view anything that they don't understand as evil/demonic (Oprah/Eckart Tolle perfect example of this lol). [Edit for clarity: not Oprah/Eckart Tolle themselves, but the way Christians responded to all that. ] They are so scared of offending Jesus they can't even approach things and consider them long enough to understand them, because they think by even considering them, they are "denying Christ." With this line of thought, maybe the antichrist is someone "virtuous" (or at least not a Fiend from the pits of hell) like the Dalai Lama, and Christians will just demonize him regardless of his intentions.

Not this Dalai Lama, but his next incarnation. Well I was past due a "far out" theory for ATS, there you go. Just an idea that came to me a few weeks ago...

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Novise]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join