It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you like being grouped with anti-globalists and pro-militia groups, etc by the MSM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was wondering what you all think about the way the mainstream media characterizes us as. People in the mainstream media seem to think we're against globalization because we use the word globalist a lot. They put us in the same group as people who are against globalism-- they categorize us as a bunch of anti-free market people who are against a more global world. People also say we're a bunch of anti-semites and we're pro militia.

I would say to these criticisms that they are not completely accurate. I'm of Jewish ancestry. I don't consider myself a Jew. I was raised a Jew. I however know now that the people in the Israeli government are just like that of any government just like how people in any government are like that in any other kind of government. They're always threatening war. They have their own international problems to deal with. I am not anti-Jewish in the least. I do feel sympathy for the Jewish nation to be bombed incessantly by the Palestininas and Hammas... but I just don't want them to be let off the hook. I however am gravely concerned with the amount of attention that Israel gets when they attack Hammas, when, the media fails to mention what Hammas has done to Israel.

I am not really against globalism. I like globalism in theory. I however am against a majority of the practices of how we went about the theory. I am also against the people behind globalization. If we look at the new world order theory and the people advocating globalism if you do your research you will find the same people that have been calling for a new world order are now doing the same thing just using a different label. This is what I am against.

I am not anti-capitalism. People say we hate capitalism and we get our ideas from Marx. That is not true! I am pro-free market. I am against economic fascism however. I am against policies favoring one class over another (like inflation). I am against central planning because no matter how benevolent it is the power always becomes more concentrated with the government than with the people themselves.

Of course I am pro-militia. I am probably not going to join a militia. You could write these militia members as paranoid freaks. But these militia members are important. They are pretty much our only check against the military (not the troops but the military as a whole). The military industrial complex no longer really serves to fight for freedom but it has been subverting and brainwashing troops to believe they are fighting terrorism and fighting a higher cause yet they fail to realize they are creating more terrorism by this strategy in the first place. I would consider it wrong to put us into the militia types.

I'm not a radical anarchist. I'm a moderate anarchist. I know realistically that we probably won't see a utopia without any government for a long time but rather I would like to see the government's over-reaching power made smaller and the government do what it's supposed to do for the meantime... and have less power over what goes on. People in the mainstream media have categorized all of us as radical anarchists who want to destroy the country. I don't want to destroy the country. There are plenty of liberal conspiracy theorists here and plenty of conservative conspiracy theorists here.

I'm just tired of the mainstream media doing this when they talk about us. They refer to us as the underground movement... but they don't really know what it is that we are or they don't really understand us.

How do you like this?

Shouldn't we let them know that we are not who they say we are?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, this is the type of question that evokes knee-jerk reactions and ill-thought out answers.

When I think about it, well, I am anti-globalist. Our home in the Milky Way is full of people. Different people. The desire to make them look, behave, eat, worship, etc. the same has been the root of every war mankind has ever participated in. We are different. Once we accept that, and realize that it's OK, maybe we'll be at peace and can actually evolve as a species.

Secondly, I am pro-militia. At least in the constitutional sense of the word. I don't think a whole lot more elaboration on this one is required. A militia is simply a group of patriots ready and willing to defend their freedom. But you have to admit, MSM couldn't very well go around saying "oooohh, beware those conspiracy theorists, they're all "pro-freedom"". Just wouldn't evoke the same reaction now would it.

In the end, the whole concept is nothing more than a play on words, and it's designed to evoke the knee jerk reaction. It must, because if most people really thought about it, they'd have to admit that they are the people the MSM is referring too as "anti-globalists" and "pro-militia". They're simply taking advantage of man kind's current deficiency of conscious awareness, reinforcing the sleep-state with wordplay and abstruse propaganda.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

You bring up a good point.

It's only a matter of time before we start getting to the real truth... and not just shards of the real truth...

What will the MSM say then? How will they write us off then?

When we get hold of the real truth about what goes on which I think we already have... it will seem so obvious to people... what kind of play on words could possibly demote the significance of that?

I mean, we are not marxists... we are not militia people.... why the need for name-calling?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i for one am completely anarchist and anti-capitalist, i don't being veiwed that way because i am what i am!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They can refer to me in any way they choose

After all, I refer to them as the 'whore media'

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i can't agree more, i honestly can't think of anything i care about less than hopw the media views me

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, define globalism......

Does it mean, all the nations of the world trading with each other? This has been going on forever.

What THEY mean by it, is gouging one country for the resources, then sending them to another country where virtual slave labor will build stuff out of it, then sending it without tariff to a third country where they can charge top dollar for it. That is not globalism, nor is it a free market, but a giant SWINDLE. If you like that you are a moron, and wonder why you have no job anymore.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
good thread ,op
I'am pro freedom but anti-milita having grown up in the 80's and seeing what happened in Lebbenon back then it proved to me that all these groups are good for is civil war. I am against globalism because it sounds like serfdom under another name.As for the msm who gives a damn what they think?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
well... i am pro militia , pro america, pro capitalist, anti globalist, tea party goer, member of several different survival sites, pro conservative, libertarian by choice, pro gun, pro patriotic, pro military, fiscally sound and conservative with my money, pro constitution, pro Israel, Catholic, pro life...and the list can go on

that gives an idea... iactually like being called names by idiot people of the MSM.... shows their illogical fears... and lack of education.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
They put us in the same group as people who are against globalism-- they categorize us as a bunch of anti-free market people who are against a more global world. People also say we're a bunch of anti-semites and we're pro militia.

Well, I am against globalism. Globalism isn't about free-market economics, it's about economic slavery. Human beings are social animals, and we did just fine up until a little over a century ago, when the global population was only 900 million and the nations of earth were sovereign; but, on a scale of several billion human animals, we don't do so well — erase borders and take away our individuality (as globalism does) and we'll go crazy.

Crazier than normal, I mean.

Regarding anti-semitism, I defend Jews and the Jewish state of Israel almost daily — most of the time I'm defending them against those who are ignorantly parroting the propaganda of the mainstream media. You can't deny that Israel is getting a lot of bad press these days — not because the Israelis are doing anything worse than usual, but because the mainstream media are full of Nazis who want to bring down Israel.

See, Israel is the ultimate example of a tenaciously sovereign state. It will not give up its national identity, it will not dissolve its borders for the Global Union Nazis.

I cheer Israel for this.

Unfortunately, the Global Union Nazis have their greatest friend in the new POTUS, who is already posturing against Israel — something no other POTUS has done since the creation of the modern state of Israel in 1947.

If Israel goes down, it'll be because of Barack Hussein Obama. Mark my words.

Obama is a willing ally of Muslims (and Muslim extremists), and his sheer stupidity in matters of foreign affairs will result in devastation in the Middle East, and very likely in the destruction of Israel.

Am I pro-militia? Oh, you bet your ass. Anyone who isn't pro-militia is anti-Constitution. The Second Amendment says that militias are necessary to a free state. I tend to follow the Constitution, not the anti-American, anti-semitic propaganda of the Global Union Nazis.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have been watching the skies for extraterrestrial craft since the third grade after I had my first sighting. Being labeled an anarchist, gun toting teabagger, antiglobalist etc is actually some of the nicer things they have labeled me. At least they can sometimes find the truth

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think it was Reichsfuhrer of the SS, Himmler, who said something about first you discredit them, then you can kill them.

According to the MSM iranian protesters are righteously fighting for freedom from an oppressive regime, but americans who do the same thing are tea-gagged militia loons who hate america.. it's all about dividing, labeling, subjecting and marginalizing.. that lays the foundation for attacking... oldest trick in the soviet / nazi handbook.

As the old saying goes... if you're receiving flak, you must be close to the target.

new topics

top topics

join