It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas SB-1440 Authorizes the State to remove children with no notice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Texas SB-1440 Authorizes the State to remove children with no notice

www.legis.state.tx.us

C.S.S.B. 1064 amends the Family Code to clarify that a court is authorized to render an order to assist DFPS in an investigation of a report of child abuse or neglect. The bill clarifies that if consent to transport a child for purposes relating to an interview or investigation cannot be obtained, the court having family law jurisdiction, including any associate judge designated by the court, on presentation of an application supported by an affidavit executed by an investigator or authorized representative of DFPS and finding that the affidavit is sufficient and without prior notice or a hear
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So my understanding of this law is that it removes the need for the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) to have to show "good cause" before they come in and take your kid. This bothers me.

As a parent of a child with psychological challenges, I have had plenty of experience with CPS. Draconian is maybe a little too strong, but not by much. They will show at your door with no notice and demand to see your kid. If the sherrif is with them, you have to say yes, otherwise, you can refuse. This law makes it so you don't even have to be home. They can come in and take your kid without even letting you know about it, much less explain to you the reasons.

www.legis.state.tx.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just realized this made it in before mine. Thread is here: Parental rights in jeopardy: Call Governor Perry today!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yes, this is very disturbing to me as well. We had a neighbor once that did not particularly like us, and I can't prove it (because the person wanted to remain anonymous), she called CPS on my wife and I saying that we had left our kids alone at midnight to go to the store! Needless to say, when CPS showed up and told us that, we were both floored! We have NEVER done anything like that, but we were treated almost like criminals by CPS.....all because someone that wanted to remain anonymous said something. Well, everything was unfounded, and they apologized, but they never would tell us who called in. I think that is a bunch of crap. I think if you call in on someone, you should have to give all your information, and that the people being accused should have the right to face their accusers. And if the charges turn out to be false, the accuser should have charges filed on them for a false report! Sorry about the rant.....this kind of bull just really pisses me off. Flag and a star...

[edit on 17-6-2009 by desertdreamer]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Gov. Perry Vetoes SB 1440

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 14, of the Texas Constitution, I, Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, do hereby disapprove of and veto Senate Bill No. 1440 of the 81st Texas Legislature, Regular Session, due to the following objections. . .[See link for more]

top topics

join