It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you say thank you for applause?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
Ha, glad you brought it up!
I chickened out at the sight of the bold-fonted "Do not reply to this U2U" and subsequently failed to thank the dear mods.. So here goes: Thanks dear mods!

This was exactly my experience .

---------------------------------------------------
But as luck would have it .....

AshleyD & Masqua are contributing to this thread .

A belated , heartfelt thank you to the both of you.

Umbra~Sumus.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well I feel like a real turd right now.

I've never thanked anyone for a single applause. I realized that the reason they say "do not reply" was that it would go to nowhere, but I also thought that inferred that we were specifically NOT to reply.

*kicks rock*

I appreciate you Mods and Amigos. Thank you for the applause.

I'll do better in the future. I might be oldish, broken up, and half worn-out, but I'm not incapable of learning

edit: "read turd?" what does that mean? That's not going to get better with age.

[edit on 17/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
post doppelganger

[edit on 17/6/09 by argentus]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've never expected a thank you for an applause, When a member makes an outstanding post it's the least that I can do.

That said, we all enjoy kind words so I've never complained if someone sent a thank you note along. I never will either.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I too shall hearby thank all the mods that ever applauded me. I would also like to give a special shout out to semper. He maybe the only LEO I like. But I am giving him a specal shout out not for any applause I was given but because of a recent exchange we had... He said something nice about me making me feel all school girl giddy

Also he rocks for working with memory shock to organize our debates.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think if the applauses were made public it would drive membership to pay the most attention to those valuable posts. I think thumbs up and thumbs down on each post would also make it a bit easier to discern what is worth reading or not. Stars and flags are good for marking positive contributions, but there is no way to avoid those which are childish, ignorant, hateful, etc.

Since I follow directions I do not reply to applauses. Not that doing so would keep me very busy.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

The applause is public one just need to click on a profile to read how many times they have been applauded.

ALSO I would like to apologize about posting as miss_silver. The thing was auto logged in and apparently she was on ATS last... MY bad, total accident, That was me not my wife.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
With no postbar (which gradually turned color with applauses) why do you all bother to thank the mod or fsme?

Applauses are so ATS back in 2007.

I only thank mods or fsme's now who bump my thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I said thank you. I know it says not to respond but I was always taught to say thank you so I do. I have only had two but I still wanted to say thanks to those who suggested I get one. So thanks again!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Buddy my applause are far and few inbetween. Apparently I do not say interesting things often... and thats ok. People seem to like my writing and that makes me feel good, But when I get applause it does make my ATS day.

You may think its so 2007 and thats cool. But I like it and I thank all that took the time to think enough about one of my posts to applaud it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I say a brief thank you.

Usually, something like, "Thank you for the applause. It makes me happy that you found something of value in what i have said".

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I like getting the thank you's from the member's but it doesn't bother me when I don't.

I like handing them out for all kinds of reasons. Funny posts, insightful one's, well researched ones, one's that are helpful, one's that make me go hmmm...., a good dose of logic in a thread lacking it and on and on. I applaud for all kinds of posts.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm with the majority, here.

A nice acknowledgement, without gushing too much, but I'm running out of new ways to say 'thanks'... still, I will try to come up with something each time!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have only received a few applause's but have felt so humbled by them because they came from a moderator who has been around the block many times. Much better feeling than a flag...which have been less since I spend so much time surfing ATS. Still, I see the value in using flag status on the posts.

Thank you Mods and forgive me but I will thank you in the future.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Applauses' from FSME's are always good too.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I wish to thank all the mods, too, as I have received a few applause U2U's and like others, I thought I shouldn't reply since the U2U says do not reply. Anyway...

THANK YOU MODS VERY, VERY MUCH

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hey. That really is a good question. As a member for the longest time, I too was hesitant to write and thank the mod for my applause. I finally did one day though, and they responded saying something along the lines of "you are quite welcome, the applause was well earned".

Now as a mod, when I applaud someone, about 45-50 % of the time I get a reply thanking me.

Anyway, you are ALWAYS welcome to write any mod or staff member about ANYTHING even if the automatic U2U says do not reply to the message... Whether it be a complaint or a compliment, you are always welcome to write us.

Peace and love

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't always send a thank-you note, but I have on occasion, especially if it's for a post that I spent alot of time on. I have also sent thank-you notes when a mod puts me in my place (warnings) as sometimes my passion overrides my good sense. But just for the record, THANK YOU MODS!!! Without you this place could very possibly turn into a verbal bloodbath!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I feel like such a rude boob.

The Do Not Reply sounded so stern, so forbidding.

I was young and foolish. It won't happen again.

Thanks for the applause. You know who you are.

I feel much better now.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thank you for an well written post, i dont think its nothing bad, its just wonderfull to see so many thnak full people around

So thank you again

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join