It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Astral Projecton Dangerous

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
are there any risks to the soul / body when having a oobe? imagine our soul leaves our body and is harmed in the astral plane by evil entities or is unable to return. is that possible to happen?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Google can be our friend.

I have never even wanted to TRY it. Too scared. Here are a couple links I found.
Is Astral Projection Dangerous?
Dangers of Astral Projection

Be safe.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
No, it isn't. Take it from a guy who actually left his body(me). It is only dangerous in the astral plane if you think it's dangerous.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
No, it isn't. Take it from a guy who actually left his body(me). It is only dangerous in the astral plane if you think it's dangerous.

So when you say No, what you actually mean is Maybe?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
no its safe.

if you've never done it before you probably wont remember what happens anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You 'project' evey night anyway, the only difference is that you are aware and conscious of your actions when you try to astrally project.
Every night you inadvertantly project and these are called your dreams, you have no control of them , they just happen.

They are even more dangerous than astral projection.

With a dream for example your fighting a big scary monster, its about to sink its claws into your neck , you wake up with a start sweating and panicky. you can't control what happens, its a fear reflex that wakes you up.

With astral projection YOU are in control of not only your actions but also what can go on around you, you can either remain near your body or fully project onto the astral plane.

Most people associate astral projection with leaving your body and floating around your bedroom, your house, your neighbourhood where-ever, but its also a doorway to the astral plane should you choose to go there.

There is no danger other than what you percieve.

To those that are scared don't be, it really wakes you up to other realms, and to your soul, if also ( in my case ) makes me not only less scared of death , but also looking forward to it, not that I'm in any hurry to die I might add.
Try it, at least it will train you to be able to control your dreams in the very least, the only thing stopping most people is the misquoted paranoia that if you leave your body you die, you dont die, its just that theres so much more out there than we can see , touch and hear we can learn more about oursleves than people want to admit.

Do it and do it now.

[edit on 18/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I agree with you Data......we project every night.

Years ago I had a greta book called Projection of the Astral body: by Sylan Muldoon; in this book he explains that Conscious projection should not be attempted if the person 'lives in an atmosphere of discord'.

I pondered on this for a long time; and I think it is because if in an 'un-friendly'/ malicious environment, it can predispose someone to psychic attack more readily!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well if you get into any trouble, just call out for Jesus Christ to help you

look at this video (many experiences there):

www.youtube.com...

Originally posted by The Killah29

thats like saying jumping off a building is dangerous only if you think it is.

or like those law of attraction people who claim they get checks comming in the mail out of thin air, because they attracted them

people are willing to give theese speakers a chance because what promise great things, (it worls with politicians too, and they dont deliver either - lol) but unfortunately if you look at the promoters of the "secret" it is clear they are no more masters of the law of attraction than anybody else. Meaning they arent. They are good at seducing crowds, but able to attract stuff ? I dont think so...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by DataWraith

I agree with you Data......we project every night.

Years ago I had a greta book called Projection of the Astral body: by Sylan Muldoon; in this book he explains that Conscious projection should not be attempted if the person 'lives in an atmosphere of discord'.

I pondered on this for a long time; and I think it is because if in an 'un-friendly'/ malicious environment, it can predispose someone to psychic attack more readily!

to the original poster:

this stuff can have very bad consequences, avoid being a sheep and getting into it because some dudes on the internet forum agree with eachother...

if you get into trouble it will be your ass, not theirs.

in spite of the goody goody new age talk you see on forums, te vast majority of people have BAD experinces, they get infected with malevolent entitys that attack them by night.

google this:
sleep paralysys and demons or aliens
(the malevolent entiti\ys will pose as all sorts of things)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randomguy

I have projected many a time, only once did I run into a 'malevolent' entity, as long as you keep your wits about you, you shouldn't run into any trouble, Calling out to Jesus or whoever the flavour of the month in religeous icons/names is all well and good if you believe in them.
I for one DO NOT, when I ran into this unpleasant I simply said to myself " I am not going to welcome this , nor let this being near me, begone from my prescence" then it left.

You don't need to be all pious and religeous to AP, you need to be aware there are entities out there that can speak softly to you, promisiing you your every desire, they cannot give you what they do not have, never take anything as concrete in the astral realm, its what you make it.
But to fear monger or cast doubts into people who wish to try it is wrong, it causes self doubt, and paranoia, and then leads to anger, and thats what these beings want, they want you to be scared.

You needen't be afraid , just educated in the ways of AP. The only people that I have read about who say " DO NOT AP , YOU'LL BE TRAPPED BY DEMONS" etc. are the ones that have never attempted it, or have only had a lucid dream involving their own fears and anxieties.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
smudge sage in and around your domicile.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
smudge sage in and around your domicile.

And salt around your door and window frames.

second line for the fun of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randomguy

I am amazed that you can function at all being so afraid of things that you have no idea of; but obviouly have let your pastor/priest make up your mind for you!
My suggestion is:
1) lock yourself in your room with your bible,
2) actually read it
3) (heres the quantum leap) Make decisions for yourslf about what YOU have read
4) feel enlightened.....and at minimum, more knowledgable.
And lastly;5) think twice about going outside. Its a dangerous world out there, shadows may get you

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Someone thinks so, Here is a link to download several volumes dedicated to protections to use during astral projection.

If there are no dangers, why so much protection.

Torrentreactor.net Download Protections.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

I think it is very dangerous unless you are protected.

If you don't know, don't do it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Someone thinks so, Here is a link to download several volumes dedicated to protections to use during astral projection.

If there are no dangers, why so much protection.

Torrentreactor.net Download Protections.

IMO its all about 'peace of mind', after all your dealing with something not 'ordinary' , not mundane as the rest of our lives are, anything out of the ususal is scary or frightening, like cavemen being afraid of the dark.
We are at that stage again, except the dark this time is the darkness of the unknown realms of our minds and souls, like going to an unknown foreign countryyou have never visited before, you don't know what to expect, but your still excited and apprehensive, you take rabies shots and other jabs to safeguard your health, its all for peace of mind, then nothing can happen to you, you feel safe, right?

The same goes with Astral Projection, you get 'protective spells' , medallions and such to safeguard you whe you travel, but like a foreign trip you hear horror stories from people that have gone, ( The Algarve in my case, people I sopke to loved it, so I went but I hated it when I got there). I had all the jabs, read all the bumph but still ended up hating it and not wanting to go back, and I certainly wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. Other people loved it and dismissed my criticisms. sounding familiar yet?

Sure read about protection and other peoples tales of AP , but if you really want the truth , you have to travel. I found out via my travels that I no longer have a fear of death, and would welcome it, ( not that I'm in any hurry I might add , but I will not be afraid of it when its time ).

Any trip should be investigated and explored first, read other peoples tales, but in the end only you can decide if you want to go or not, do not let those people who have never either tried , or are scared or have heard the horror stories to dictate to you your own actions. Only you can decide if you want to book the tickets and get on the plane. AP is no different to going abroad, you could die in Disneyland as much as in the astral realms if your not careful enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
To answer your questions in short: in the astral when your astral form is harmed it is the same as if in this world someone would say something to you that would hurt you. Don't confuse it with the physical body, the astral form doesn't bleed or become bruised, it just becomes brighter and stronger (generating bliss) or fades and loses will power (generating sorrow and sadness).

Imagine your best friend telling you he thinks you're a nobody and can convince you of that just by words and ideas; by believing him you hurt yourself. Just so in the astral an entity can play you so that you will feel miserable and suffer. That is all there is to the astral: things that make you feel better and experience bliss or feel miserable, depressed and suffer for just believing in a thought. There's nothing more to it; you can build worlds there just as if you would create a computergame in virtual space but in the end it is all but a game that will make you feel good or bad, create grand images in your mind about the glory of creation or simply having a otherworldly sexual experience.

Become too depressed and your work might suffer; you might lose your house or become strangers to your friends because they do not share your interests or laugh at your experiences. Become too enthousiastic and you might make a fool out of yourself by running down the street naked and rejoicing, wanting to make others happy and tell them the happy message.

The astral has strange rules, one of the most important is that you can never be killed. It is impossible for the mind to kill itself, the mind thinks it is has killed itself, the mind thinks it is dead, the spirit believes it is dead; there is always something aware of that which cannot be killed. It might happen a particular place is so addictive (like heaven) you might not want to go back in the physical but the physical has power over the Spirit as well and will pull Spirit back when it is time to wake up. As if the body has a will of it's own and it wants to move about but cannot do so without spirit. If you are extremely afraid; just put an alarm clock near your bed with your favorite music and program it to wake you, the sounds of the earth will then reach you and lure Spirit back even if you are in a dark place.

Personally I don't believe in protection because if you think in terms of protecting something, it means you open yourself up to something that might attack whatever you are protecting. There are entities out there that might attack you just for fun, because they don't know anything else or because they are like hunters and you happen to be game. Then there are those who believe you have a mission and need protection, they will help you out with testing your defenses but without letting you know you are on the same side. When I started exploring my mind the best "defense" I had to prevent fear is telling myself it's all CGI, computer generated graphics, special effects and prerecorded sounds.

The greatest victory is a battle that never took place is a quote from aikido, a purely selfdefense style. It might work on earth but in the astral you should work towards being in a place that has no threats, where there is no danger. If there is something that attacks you it is only to make you become aware of an aspect of your being, something touches you and you can investigate. If you believe an attack is something that happened because there's something which can be destroyed you will end up spending a lot of time and energy inventing new ways to defend yourself. Some of the highest beings have done this and they depend upon many entities for protection. Independence in the astral planes to me would be the highest achievement possible.

Even the thought of the Self having or being something precious or valuable is what attracts thieves in the astral planes, or entities that wish to research whatever you believe you have (usually to recreate it for themselves), both can be very difficult to deal with and prevents having a good experience, it might even lead one into the more frightening places.

The most grueling entities are ofcourse those who wish to takeover your physical body and control your being. Usually they are people from the past who tried to astral project, experimented in mystical teachings or magic, but misinterpreted teachings and became deformed spirits. To complete themselves they might resort to using other entities (akin to psychic vampires). While it is impossible to truly takeover someone it is very real those entities might be able to influence your thoughts and drive you mad just for their amusement.

Believe it or not, just as people like to watch romantic movies, there are people who enjoy horror movies - the latter would go into these dark places and enjoy suffering while the former would likely go to angelic places and enjoy bliss.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Humans are vulnerable in most situations, including spiritual. When we go outside it is advisable to wear clothing as a protection to the physical elements! We are vulnerable on all dimensions.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There is NO danger to astral projection. NO you can not get possesed. NO you cannot die. It is as safe as dreaming. Please stop spreading fear, which is the main obstacle people need to overcome to project.

How many times have you been possesed because of dreaming? None? Exactly.

So many people spread lies about something they have no idea about. I am a avid projector and lucid dreamer and have been for about twelve or so years. There is no risks at all, and you are completely in control.

While projecting, yes, I have seen dark entities. I have fought them, and I have talked to them. Everything you do while projecting is one hundred percent in your control. You are the ruler of your own mind. Do not let anything fool you and tell you you're not.

People also confuse sleep paralysis with demonic attacks and whatever. That could not be further from the truth. Sleep paralysis is the end stage of waking before you fall into sleep. By controlling this state you are able to conciously enter the next stage. That is all. No demonic attack, just your body falling into the dream world. The beings, sounds, and so on are just hypnogogic hallucinations that occur when bordering sleep.

Hopefully this clears up any misconceptions

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We live in house of sorts, like a small child, we can perhaps safely slip out and wander around the garden.

Astral projection allows us the potential to slip out the gate and wander far from home. There are genuine threats, should you wander outside the garden. Across the highway, past the railroad tracks, and into the jungle.

I am neither trying to encourage or discourage anyone, merely discussing the reality. I wandered too far once and was put back safely by "elders of a gentle race", as that is the best turned phrase I have to describe them. Courtesy of Led Zep.

I am merely passing on their gentle guidance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join