It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment: Compare your character to how Astrology says you should be.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When I see anybody reading their horiscope, I usualy give a lecture on how ridiculous it is, what a waste of time astology obviously is. Then, I came across a book at work that described the personallity traits of the various star signs and I was shocked to see that it had mine down to a tee!

Now I'm not saying I believe in astrology, I just wanted to see if it was a fluke. So here is a list of the star signs, find yours and see what character traits you should have. Let me know if they are close or not. This should be quite interesting.

AQUARIUS (January 20 - February 18)

You are usually independent, friendly, caring and inventive. Blue and violet are your lucky colours. You can be tactless, rude, defiant and aloof. You are always loyal to your friends and you treat everyone as your equal, respect the opinion of others and expect the same in return.

PISCES (February 19 - March 20)

You are usually intuitive, trusting, loving and creative. You can be gullible, self-pitying, temperamental and dependent. You can be torn between personal wants and a desire to help others. Your path to fulfillment is to use your abundant imagination. You have an inclination to dream about your ideal lover rather than actively to go out and seek them.

ARIES (March 21 - April 19)

You are usually courageous, energetic, competitive and pioneering. Red and White are your colours. You can be selfish, abrasive, impulsive and reckless. For you it is all or nothing in friendships and other romantic involvements.

TAURUS (April 20 - May 20)

You are usually loving, loyal, prosperous and patient. You can be materialistic, stubborn, inflexible and boring. You are at your best when you can be creative in work. You look for steadfast love and warm affection in a friendship or relationship, which is precisely what you are capable of offering.

GEMINI (May 21 - June 21)

You are usually quick-witted, curious, entertaining and open-minded. You are mostly drawn to active people who use their heads, and succeed in charming them with your ready wit, especially if they share your interests. You can be fickle, easily distracted, nervous and mischievous. Despite a reputation of being fickle, once you marry remain committed.

CANCER (June 22 - July 22)

You are usually sensitive, caring, nurturing and shrewd. You can be controlling, manipulative, selfish and easily hurt. You can be greatly affected by those close to you since you are so impressionable. Your inner voice makes you aware of the right time to act.

LEO (July 23 - August 22)

You are usually generous, assertive, faithful and responsible. You can be pompous, stubborn, self-satisfied and arrogant. You flourish in work where you can use your fiery enthusiasm and creativity. You can be easily hurt. Though you know many people and love to mix, there is still a part of you which stands aloof and keeps you standing out from the crowd, you get along with them but you tend to follow the formalities when it comes to friendship.

VIRGO (August 23 - September 22)

Navy blue, taupe are you colours. You can be critical, particular, irritable and untidy. You admire progressive intelligent people who look like they have their path through life well plotted. You are good at sizing up people. Your search for perfection can make you dissatisfied.

LIBRA (September 23 - October 22)

You are usually artistic, poised, objective and charming. You colours are blue and pink. You can be indecisive, thoughtless, self-absorbed and flirtatious. Your symbol, the Scales, represents the balance and harmony you seek within yourself and with the rest of the world. Your ability to be objective means you can get along with most people. You rarely surrender yourself completely to another but are an expert in love matters, with considerable passion and care for the loved one.

SCORPIO (October 23 - November 21)

You are usually passionate, dynamic, sensual and probing. Black and burgundy are your lucky colours. You can be vindictive, moody, jealous and sadistic. You need a job which taps all your resources to gain true satisfaction. Once you attach yourself in love, its difficult for you to let go it. You are highly secretive by nature even though you are exceptionally good at discovering those of other people.

SAGITTARIUS (November 22 - December 21)

You are usually intellectual, enthusiastic, tolerant and optimistic. Your lucky colours are purple and royal blue. You can be extravagant, excessive, hotheaded and a gambler. Your ruling planet symbolizes growth and wisdom and you can be an excellent teacher. Although fundamentally serious there is nothing you like more than fun and laughter when in company which makes you a great friend once others have come up to your very high standards. Your restlessness enables your to adapt to life's changing patterns.

CAPRICORN (December 22 - January 19)

You are usually careful, hardworking, disciplined and traditional. Black and forest green colours can bring you luck. You can be inflexible, apprehensive, perfectionist and a slave driver. It can be hard for you to find a partner who shares your commitment. It is difficult for you to show your feelings and your emotions but this does not mean you do not have them.

Now I don't know why my personality should be the same as what this says, it may be a coincidence. But iwtwould be really interesting to know the results of this.

By the way I'm a Scorpio, ouch!

kiwifoot

EDIT just to ask a question, do you think the descriptions are too generalised? I think they are not overly so.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You are usually sensitive, caring, nurturing and shrewd. You can be controlling, manipulative, selfish and easily hurt. You can be greatly affected by those close to you since you are so impressionable. Your inner voice makes you aware of the right time to act.

I'd say about half applies to me (July 14 in case that changes anything)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Gemini was pretty close to me hmmm

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'd say about half applies to me (July 14 in case that changes anything)

that could be me too, infact they all could. It's the way these things are worded, so vague that they apply to everyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
mine is very correct btw.

I would be skepticle of Horoscops but some things I just know can't be changed.

If the science of the stars wasn't correct I couldn't have done this:

once I was sitting in my class and out of no where I ask my teacher if his star sign was Aries,.. he just sayed yes.

Once I was on a party and saw a girl for the second time, I passed by her and asked if she was sagitarius, she sayed yes.

this happened many times to me and I can't say that i see all the star signs in all the people but some star signs I just know fully because my father is aries and i know many sagitariuses etc...
I can see it in the way people move and talk and behave, its something i just feel, and believe me im not the kinda guy that would believe in intuïtion.

anyway I'm pisces and it sayes it, intuition ^^

btw the last couple of months my intuitions are increasing heavely, example:

I was getting many intuitive feelings that where right and once i was in class and we had to pull out random names from a bucket to choose ho was gona go first for a test and stuff. So some people already took some names and when it was the turn of a gril in my class I suddenly got the feeling she was gona pull me out the bucket. I sayed this outloud but some people wheren't really listening and the teacher almost wanted to take out a name because it really didn't matter ho took it right, but I stopped him and sayed that this girl had to take out a name and just before she did I sayed again that she was gona pull me out with confidence.

she did,... and everyone was kinda baffled even she was laughing when she read my name. also before she pulled it out I sayed to myself that if I get this right, after all these positive intuitions, there must be intuition. and voila, I'm totaly right!

btw: the intuitivness is increasing I can really feel it!

added:

If somethings doesn't match with you or not fully it is because your personality can slightly go away from the prediction. This is because of many factors and can occure but still if you look the way people move and talk it should be decerneble. I think star signs give a ruff outlining of personality

[edit on 17-6-2009 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
VIRGO (August 23 - September 22)

Navy blue, taupe are you colours. You can be critical, particular, irritable and untidy. You admire progressive intelligent people who look like they have their path through life well plotted. You are good at sizing up people. Your search for perfection can make you dissatisfied.

Mine was mostly right.
I like progressively intelligent people but I don't care if they have their lives mapped out.
I just like them to be intelligent.
I can be a perfectionist with things I am passionette about.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Aries, born on the cusp of Taurus. Sure, there are things within both that resonate for me. I think that's the turning point on most of these kind of groupings..... they all seem to begin with something postive that we can relate to.

I think we're all more alike than different. If I had to choose which of these most closely fit how I see myself, it would be Aquarius and Saggitarius.

One will say "you are creative", but none of them say "you don't have a creative bone in your body." Not to say I disbelieve all precepts of astrology, just saying that I've found it -- so far -- too imprecise to be of value (for me).

Interesting thread!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
scorpio describes me exactly.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was born in the sign of Cancer and have actually talked with another Cancer sun sign about how wrong those blurbs are when it comes to Cancerians (We have our reasons for that which we aren't telling because we're Cancerians
). Which is perhaps ironic because when examining my whole chart it makes much more sense. I'm a Scorpio rising and fit those qualities much better, though not exactly.

The blurbs they print in magazines and newspapers are the astrological equivalent of junk food. Looks good, tastes good, but no real value. To understand and find any application for astrology, you have to get a full course meal, I think.

As to why, I think it has less to do with how the stars influence us and more to do with time and energy being cyclical. Which they have to be since they are infinite (neither created nor destroyed). And if you don't believe those energies influence us then I think you are denying a basic truth evident all around us. Walk into a room where people have been emotionally fighting and you might get what I mean.

[edit on 17/6/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey fellow Scorpio! Well the description of a Scorpio has always fit me to a T! I love being a Scorpio, usually people say OMG I dont want to piss you off and I just laugh. Everything about Astrology amazes me. For me it has been very accurate in determining in how I will get along with certain people. It has helped in many parts of my life.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Taurus (me) : almost a 100% hit (I am not boring
)

Gemini (my love) : a 100% hit .

Hope that helps with Your experiment

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I know there is so much to this but I just havn't found the will to look more into it, as for your question about how it relates to oneself, as for me, on point.. word for word... I must look into this much more.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
None of these describe me too well, (I'm Aries,)
but when I once read up on the bad points of an Aries, I was astounded.
It was like the writer knew me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Though I do believe that the stars do have an influence on us, it's been proven over and over again that horoscopes are simply snake oil. They're statements that could fit anyone, and people take what they want, and ignore what they don't want. It's odd how it all works, but it does.

Famous mentalist Darren Brown is heavily against people claiming psychic abilities and the such. So he conducted an experiment.

He wrote ONE page of fortune telling, he then travelled to many different countries... he "consulted" with each person for some time, then he presented them this page which was to be their "unique" horoscope.

What the participants did not know, is that he had given every single person, from many different countries, the EXACT SAME horoscope. In absolutely every single case, each person reported that the horoscope was over 90% accurate, some claiming it was 100%.

Needless to say, it was awkward when he had them all stand together, and each of them pass their "unique" horoscope, onto the person standing next to them. He then said... well if you've got the same one, just pass it along again. All of them looked confused after they again passed on their horoscope to find that everyone actually received the exact same one.

Check out the video

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Author Colin Wilson stated it best when it comes to astrology:

The newspaper columns on astrology are written by someone with a kindergartener's knowledge of astrology.

A person such as John Dee, Queen Elizabeth I's personal astrologer had a PhD type equivalent due to his knowledge of the subject.

The rule is never, never place the entertainment newspaper articles to the people who actually studied the science of astrology.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Experiment conducted. Here are my husband and I. I won't say who is who though.
The description is accurate enough that I recognize both of us in them! We have a stubborn Ram and a Stubborn Bull between us - till death do us part

ARIES (March 21 - April 19)

You are usually courageous, energetic, competitive and pioneering. Red and White are your colours. You can be selfish, abrasive, impulsive and reckless. For you it is all or nothing in friendships and other romantic involvements.

TAURUS (April 20 - May 20)

You are usually loving, loyal, prosperous and patient. You can be materialistic, stubborn, inflexible and boring. You are at your best when you can be creative in work. You look for steadfast love and warm affection in a friendship or relationship, which is precisely what you are capable of offering.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
they all sound the same ..i could be anyone of them....

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Inaccurate in my case. I'm an aries, but if I were to go by these descriptions I'd say I'm pisces. (which is not far from Aries, in that matter)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Is there anywhere on the net where you can get a personalized chart done that doesn't charge money?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Heh. That doesn't describe me well at all. I'm known for not being particularly empathetic, though I do try not to hurt people.
A lot of folks tell me I'm not selfish, so I'll believe them, and I enjoy doing stuff for folks with no return.
My inner voice, I think is a carousing, drunk, frat boy who I rarely listen to.

Over all, I think Capricorn fits me better, to be honest, or maybe Leo.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by RuneSpider]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join