It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'illegally' stopping white people to racially balance stop-and-search figures, watchdog cla

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Police 'illegally' stopping white people to racially balance stop-and-search figures, watchdog claims

www.dailymail.co.uk

Police are making unjustified and 'almost certainly' illegal searches of white people to provide 'racial balance' to Government figures.

Lord Carlile, the independent reviewer of terror laws, said he knew of cases where suspects were stopped by officers even though there was no evidence against them.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't normally use the Daily Mail as a source due to it's generally bigoted and downright racist views. This article is a case in point

How is the Police "illegally" stopping white people, anymore inappropriate than the tens of thousands of black people that get stopped year in year out without justifiable reason?

Surely the issue here is that people should only be stopped if the Police have reasonable grounds to do so, regardless of their ethnic background.

It also makes me laugh that they nonchalantly slip in "Today's report also warns of the continuing terrorist threat to the UK" at the end of the article as some sort of after-thought.

A fine example of journalism at it's poorest.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
get real, fundental islamic extremelism is primarily based in the asian community, thus it would be approriate to search and profile these people as there is a greater probability they will commit an act of terror compared to a white person.

"Surely the issue here is that people should only be stopped if the Police have reasonable grounds to do so, regardless of their ethnic background."

so religion and ethnicity had no relevence to the intent of the london bombers?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
True story.

I was coming back from a Caribbean island around 1998. I was at the airport inbound and this security guy starts walking over to me, and of course, I'm thinking "Jesus, do I have any $%#@ in my bag". So, he comes over, asks if it is okay to search me and then whispers under his breath, "Sorry, I just have to search someone other than the ni$%ers".

So, I can't comment on the "terrorist" side of it, but it seems that they have had this mentality for a while.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Dont' believe everything you read.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Title should read:

Police Illegally stopping White people to racially balance the illegal stopping of Minorities...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I take it racism is becoming more of a problem in the UK, with the BNP getting support?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000
Title should read:

Police Illegally stopping White people to racially balance the illegal stopping of Minorities...

Haha so true.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
All ya gotta do is know your rights and call them on their crap.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
get real, fundental islamic extremelism is primarily based in the asian community, thus it would be approriate to search and profile these people as there is a greater probability they will commit an act of terror compared to a white person.

"Surely the issue here is that people should only be stopped if the Police have reasonable grounds to do so, regardless of their ethnic background."

so religion and ethnicity had no relevence to the intent of the london bombers?

Was that a joke about the london bombings?

1000 law enforcement and intelligence agents, are conducting a terror drill which has the same targets, with the same bombs going off on the same trains, at the exact same time, at the exact same stations.

The probability of the 7/7/2005 Drill and Attack Coinciding, without being planned to coincide, in a 10 year period is:

ONE chance in 3,715,592,613,265,750,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
This is what a trillion looks like, -------> 1,000,000,000,000.

Oh yah, of course it was terrorists, with an impeccable taste for coincidental irony.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I dont even find this as anything new, being a South African citizen. I see this stupidity every day! Everything has to be 'Equal'. In my opinion blacks are the biggest racists you can get..For them, everything gets blamed on their race, they use it as an excuse when they dont get a promotion, when they dont make matric and alot of other situations. Our education system is suffering due to this as the passing percentage for school subjects has dropped in the last five years from 55% to 30%, just so that they- who dont want to study can pass because they're black! No wonder our youth leader only has std2!
He run for president and won! Our country is now screwed thanks to black empowerment!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
How is the Police "illegally" stopping white people, anymore inappropriate than the tens of thousands of black people that get stopped year in year out without justifiable reason?

Just playing Devils advocate here, but when the majority of the shootings and stabbings are in fact perpetrated by young, black men, then it stands to reason they are more likely to be stopped, surely?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Just playing Devils advocate here, but when the majority of the shootings and stabbings are in fact perpetrated by young, black men, then it stands to reason they are more likely to be stopped, surely?

I think it's because they're poor, not because they're black, but I do think that equality is not the ONLY element of goodness.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I think it's because they're poor, not because they're black, but I do think that equality is not the ONLY element of goodness.

Any crime is done in desperation. Make anyone poorer than dirt, make them live off nothing and struggle to get food in their kids stomach and a roof above their head. White, brown, black or purple, desperation makes good (and bad) people to terrible things.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I take it racism is becoming more of a problem in the UK, with the BNP getting support?

in times of economic hardship, people in this country blame anyone who isn't the same shade or speak the same accent. i'm afraid its always been like this, if its not the muslims , its the eastern europeans, before that it was Pakistanis and Indians. People always looking for someone to blame. the BNP play up to these fears. which has resulted in their recent success.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Any crime is done in desperation. Make anyone poorer than dirt, make them live off nothing and struggle to get food in their kids stomach and a roof above their head. White, brown, black or purple, desperation makes good (and bad) people to terrible things.

Yup!

That's why I do not support reparations but I do support welfare.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Really? I have been dirt poor and homeless before, lived in a squat and barely had any money to put food in my belly, yet I never resorted to stabbing and shooting people.

The majority of the stabbings and shootings in the UK are carried out by young, black men who seem to ingratiated into the "Gangsta" culture, where they choose a life of crime as they see it as a quick avenue to finacial success, rather than taking the hard option of working for a living.

I do not accept that being poor is an excuse for crime, unless you are litterally starving. The men you see on the news every week being sent down for murder etc are NOT starving and often live at home with their parents looking after them.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

In my opinion though, this is all about just cause. The police need to have just cause to stop you. I dont believe the colour of your skin is just cause, regardless of what it may be.

I do take your point that it's a statistical fact that, certainly in London, a higher percentage of shootings and stabbings are carried out by black people, however, they should be stopping on the basis of aroused suspicion not colour.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Donnie Darko

Really? I have been dirt poor and homeless before, lived in a squat and barely had any money to put food in my belly, yet I never resorted to stabbing and shooting people.

The majority of the stabbings and shootings in the UK are carried out by young, black men who seem to ingratiated into the "Gangsta" culture, where they choose a life of crime as they see it as a quick avenue to finacial success, rather than taking the hard option of working for a living.

I do not accept that being poor is an excuse for crime, unless you are litterally starving. The men you see on the news every week being sent down for murder etc are NOT starving and often live at home with their parents looking after them.

It's not just that. Places that are in poverty have more domestic violence, mental illness, drug problems ... it's not as simple as killing people for money.

new topics

top topics

join