It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ID on "Operation Blackjack" has a secret message

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by 2008111
Let's just see, if the terror threat level gets heightened today.

From super-banana yellow to tubular tangerine? That happens every summer, not necessarily indicative of anything.

Especially with the Iranian and Northkorean crisis' atm. Well, anyway, let's just wait and see.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

If it's not indicative of anything, then there is no reason to have the color coded threat indicator in the first place. I'm not suggesting that it necessarily is realistic, but what you are saying is that it for sure is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You're thinking of the Department of Homeland Security's threat level. The one in the United Kingdom would go up from "severe" to "critical". But I like the fruit-based one better.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaringBack
I agree wholeheartedly.

I think he probably just woke up over there in the UK, saw how out of hand this is getting, and pulled the plug on everything.

I look forward to his article on this whole debacle, a good journalist could never let something like this go to waste!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimminycricket

I'm pretty sure an article about a fake terrorist attack that the author himself created to mess with a few thousand people whom actually watch for this stuff would get him fired and shortly after some very scary government agents would show up at his door.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm really quite angry about all of this.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I'm not going to sit here and argue semantics with you.

Many people in this thread have posted info that points this to being something that's either a hoax, experiment, joke, or political statement. I would dig through and find it all for you, but you are just as capable of doing that yourself. Plus, it's a long ways back. Most of it pointing toward JW, even though for some reason you think that makes this even more likely to be a legit "terrorist attack".

My "not necessarily a hoax" statement doesn't contradict anything. I still, as of right now believe this is a hoax or perhaps a multitude of other things that do not point toward "terrorist attack". Hoax, game, experiment,

Wow. I was going to leave it alone but the fact that someone starred your post disgusts me. You don't want to argue semantics because you know exactly what was wrong with what you said. But now instead of admitting you had your mind made up before, you're all of the sudden acting more objective and 'open-minded'. I'm going to quote what you said again without the added bold and just leave it at that.
"I've been on that boat all day! There's a lot of irrational people here though that refuse to see the evidence that this is a hoax. "

And about this:
"for some reason you think that makes this even more likely to be a legit "terrorist attack"."

If you look at my posts in this thread, not ONE time did I claim, or even suggest, that any of this was legit OR a hoax. I didn't take and still haven't taken either side because there hasn't been any evidence one way or the other.

I apologize for straying off topic but I truly felt your posts were detracting from the thread, and I thought you deserved more of an explanation than 'shut up'.

Anyway now back on topic..

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtplacebo

If it's not indicative of anything, then there is no reason to have the color coded threat indicator in the first place. I'm not suggesting that it necessarily is realistic, but what you are saying is that it for sure is nonsense.

As one famous Portland Trail-Blazer basketball radio broadcaster once said (a billion times) "bingo! bango! bongo!"

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtplacebo

Me too. If this really does turn out to be fake I think our next thread should be called "For how much can we sue the London Telegraph?"

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Just making sure it was clear where you stood on that issue. It very well could be a load of jabberwocky. I wouldn't entirely rule out that there may be organizations, studies and such that influence that system, however it's validity is highly questionable. Seems very kindergaten-ish. I suppose when you're trying to brainwash the youth for Obama's compulsory-volunteer counterterrorism youth brigade kindergaten-ish helps.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I hope they toss the dude that thought this would be funny into a cell filled with boiling sewage. This is not something you joke about when the entire world is already had it's fill of crazy psychopaths. Unstable people get hurt by this kind of BS. I hope that whoever you are you get some nice karmic retribution from the feelings of those who wigged out and ran away from their homes over the weekend.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong

I'm not going to sit here and argue semantics with you.

Many people in this thread have posted info that points this to being something that's either a hoax, experiment, joke, or political statement. I would dig through and find it all for you, but you are just as capable of doing that yourself. Plus, it's a long ways back. Most of it pointing toward JW, even though for some reason you think that makes this even more likely to be a legit "terrorist attack".

My "not necessarily a hoax" statement doesn't contradict anything. I still, as of right now believe this is a hoax or perhaps a multitude of other things that do not point toward "terrorist attack". Hoax, game, experiment,

Wow. I was going to leave it alone but the fact that someone starred your post disgusts me. You don't want to argue semantics because you know exactly what was wrong with what you said. But now instead of admitting you had your mind made up before, you're all of the sudden acting more objective and 'open-minded'. I'm going to quote what you said again without the added bold and just leave it at that.
"I've been on that boat all day! There's a lot of irrational people here though that refuse to see the evidence that this is a hoax. "

And about this:
"for some reason you think that makes this even more likely to be a legit "terrorist attack"."

If you look at my posts in this thread, not ONE time did I claim, or even suggest, that any of this was legit OR a hoax. I didn't take and still haven't taken either side because there hasn't been any evidence one way or the other.

I apologize for straying off topic but I truly felt your posts were detracting from the thread, and I thought you deserved more of an explanation than 'shut up'.

Anyway now back on topic..

Hoax, game, ploy, experiment. All along the same lines to me when it comes to this particular instance. You're looking way too much into this and just trying to nitpick me now.

And as for your other statement, you said JW being behind this leans it more in the direction of being legitimate because we don't know "who he's working with" or if he's being "framed". Pardon me for assuming, based on the things you said, that you were leaning toward this being a real threat.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by StaringBack]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtplacebo

Jah, I agree with that.

More on topic: so are we all going to die on Monday or not? Is the cat out of the bag? in the bag? clawed its way out of the bag? what is going on?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
In related news, I'm exceedingly angered by this "game" however this is a first amendment issue as far as the states are concerned. I couldn't rightly say what it falls under in the UK, but I'm willing to bet it's not over by a long shot. War of the worlds it is not, but it was beginning to get close. Silly game if that's what it is, either way it pays to know what Ardent Sentry is doing. 9/11 airplane drills, 7/7 bus bomb drills, 6/22, nuke drills.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
I hope they toss the dude that thought this would be funny into a cell filled with boiling sewage....

'
Again, it is the George Carlin radio broadcast argument...and as Mike Tyson once said during a profanity-laced interview "you don't like it turn off your station!"

[edit on 21-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StaringBack

No, I said "If anything, it confirms the 'legitimacy' of the jackblack12 site."

"it" being the connection between JW and jb12.

Notice 'legitimacy' is in quotes. What I was saying was that the connection confirms that the jb12 site is as legitimate as the original slideshows.

Also notice that I said "If anything", which can almost always be translated to "I don't necessarily agree with the following, but it may be the case that...".

We all know what assuming does

[edit on 6/21/2009 by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'll write something about all this on telegraph.co.uk tomorrow but, in the meantime, a few quick thoughts:

1) The Blackjack slideshows all clearly stated that this was a work of fiction and that the events depicted were not real
2) I changed Blackjack to a comic format halfway through to reinforce the message that this was a work of fiction
3) There was going to be a part 6 closing the whole thing but we pulled it
4) This was an experiment in graphic entertainment - using two sites to see how far this would go virally
5) jb12 is the associated site - any other url has no relation to the Telegraph, Blackjack or me
6) The date for the bombs was always June 22, 2010

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong

So know one knows. Wait and see? Or wait here and pee ourselves in a panic? Well, I am going to sleep now. Hopefully by tomorrow all this nonsense will be over...shadowed by mushroom clouds!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Double-post.

plucky...sleep-sleep.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valente
I'll write something about all this on telegraph.co.uk tomorrow but, in the meantime, a few quick thoughts:

1) The Blackjack slideshows all clearly stated that this was a work of fiction and that the events depicted were not real
2) I changed Blackjack to a comic format halfway through to reinforce the message that this was a work of fiction
3) There was going to be a part 6 closing the whole thing but we pulled it
4) This was an experiment in graphic entertainment - using two sites to see how far this would go virally
5) jb12 is the associated site - any other url has no relation to the Telegraph, Blackjack or me
6) The date for the bombs was always June 22, 2010

LOL there's you're evidence StaringBack

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join