It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ID on "Operation Blackjack" has a secret message

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
anyone feel like getting in contact with the TELEGRAPH and actually speaking with them about WTH the series is and what it's doing in the cultural photo gallery? Hardly seems cultural to me.

I'd like to talk to the creator of Blackjack.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

yea, smack them upside the head

the viral campaign sure worked though

all it took was a posting on the telegraph website, a few fake blog posts and voila, "we" the interwebs people took it from there... and this has been ongoing since January or something

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
(Asked whois.afilias.info:43 about jackblack12.info)

Access to INFO WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in
determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the
Afilias registry database. .....
Registrant Phone: 1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX: 1.4806242598
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

IP info

[edit on 6/18/09 by mortalengine]

Nice job on this little tidbit!! Anyone wanna give em' a call?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

its the hosting companies phone number

www.numberzoom.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
On second thought, that Tom Clancy blogspot looks pretty fake. Probably still a campaign of some sorts, not sure what for yet though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

I can't find anything anywhere either. That blog is not cached in Google which is also suspicious. I'm starting to think the blog was created after the hype and is capitalizing on its 3 Google adblocks.

Still Checking though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
And I think it is fake:

tomclancyblackjack.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I also searched around but can't find anything about such a release and the ODEGARD media groep website is down...

www.odegardmedia.com/

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
it's not

when you decode the barcode the url is
tomclancyblackjack.blogspot.com...

and the message on that website is

Thanks for playing along, are you READY soldier?

also the BLOG date of the post is

"Tuesday, June 23, 2009"

the post date at the bottom is
2009-06-23T07:17:00-07:00

you can't edit a date or post in the future like that on blogspot.

Open an account and try, you can't do it.

viral marketing

but believe what you will

[edit on 18-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Other theories include that it may be AI of some sort, reacting to what we say on different forums. It's really poorly coded, but I thought that was an interesting idea. Just throwing that out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Yes, the blog looks entirely fake to me. As a gamer (and a Tom Clancy fan) I try my best to follow all of his upcoming games and releases.

Also, does anyone know if it's typical of them to release games in Romania before they release in the US?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

the developer is Romanian, not the place of release

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

on your browser, when you get to the page, right click, view source code, then scroll down till you find the huge number if you cant capture it on the page itself

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Brilliant
I seem to recall there was talk of another 'phase' of Blackjack. No wonder my friend at the Telegraph has been quiet of late!

Edit: now I undertand why he was so reticent to tell even me what it was really all about

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Tom Clancy's Black jack isn't a video game though, there's no information on it anywhere.

It says ubisoft romania, but that link goes to the US site. The blogs date is June 23. ..?

"The player is placed in the shoes of Ryan Hathoway — an ex-military elite pilot who was recruited by one of these corporations to work for them as one of their pilots, fighting whoever and whenever he is told to. Hathoway later returns to the US Air Force Ardent base together with his team, trying to prevent a full scale terrorist attack on the United States which was initiated by this military company."

Edit: the description that this blog gives is to poor to be real in my opinion.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by depth om]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wow... if this is for a video game... people will be pretty pissed.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

"Developed by Ubisoft Romania and published by ODEGARD Media Group, Inc. for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Tom Clancy's Blackjack is set to be released in Romania June 23, 2010."

notice the word "in" ???

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Interesting subject. I've been doing some digging and can't seem to find out what "blackjack" is about. Either a joke, a very bad attempt at viral marketing, or something more...sinister.

I can clear up the Tom Clancy theory though - being a gamer I follow things like E3 (a game dev. convention) and other gaming news like a hawk, I can say that there is not going to be any "Tom Clancy's Blackjack/Tom Clancy's Operation Blackjack/Tom Clancy: Blackjack" or any variation thereof.

There was, however, mention at E3 2009 of a Tom Clancy game that was in development: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Now, Ubisoft is a large and smart company. The big Ub wouldn't release a game that could only be discovered if you cracked multiple hex codes in a fictional comic and, after piecing together other clues, reaching a quickly made blog @ blogspot. Even then it's not hinted at in any other gaming news sites. Also, if it's not going to be a Great Brittan-specific game, you would be able to pick up the scent of this game in other websites.

So, to sum up my wall of text, Operation Blackjack/jackblack12.info is not viral for a new Tom Clancy game. If it is, I have lost all faith in Ubisoft.

Edit: just noticed the blog says this "blackjack" game is set for 2010 >_<

[edit on 18-6-2009 by anonymouse876]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by anonymouse876]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymouse876

. Agreed. But why would somebody try and lie about their own viral marketing campaign? As I said earlier, it's a company(ies) trying to prove what they can do with viral advertising for potential advertisers. That's my theory anyways. With all the stats and hits that that Blackjack site received today from the different conspiracy theory websites, they're going to be able to land some big clients.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
As far as I can see (which isn't very far) there is no mention of this game on the web anywhere other than the blog linked to above.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ubi.com...

etc....... please dont flame me if I'm wrong!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join