It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ID on "Operation Blackjack" has a secret message

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

I think maybe because they knew what the target audience for BlackJack would be.

Think about what sites have given that comic the most attention.I know I first read about it on ATS.

Before that I wouldn't have given the Telegraph a look at all.

I mean dropping it in a mainstream newspaper did spark this whole "game",so in that regard it was pretty darn succesful right?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Horselover Fat

It was, but this is something I would expect from a less reputable news source or a TV network (sorry, TV networks lol).

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

would make sense if when 1 was done, 2 would then become 1. right?

line2

On which counter and in which digit group?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

Originally posted by StaringBack

reply to post by StaringBack

Who's to say the "1" couldn't stand for something else? It's a counter. It shows numbers, which can mean anything. It might be 1 year, but it didn't really make sense for it to be 1 year. First, a year is a long time away to start dropping clues on a website (jackblack12.info) and second, I don't know if America could make it another year.

Think of it this way, the days spot has 3 slots. So if you counted UP on the counter, it would reach 365 and then the number to left would go up. It's all sequential.

Yes, because that's the nature of the counter. To the counter, the "years" digits mean "years". But let's say I made a counter that counts up and I wanted to number the counter. I could take the number all the way to the left and make it say "1". Does that mean 1 week/month/year passed? To the counter? Yes. But to me? No. Is it practical? No. Could I do it? Sure.

I see what you mean, just not sure if that's the case. Anything's possible I guess!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Whyhi

Actually, the counters are gone lol.

Well, there goes that idea

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Well, we still know what time to which the counter was counting down.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdream

Originally posted by StaringBack
The weight scale was referencing the time counter. It is obviously a time counter, and all the numbers in it are counting down something. That's what the counter was written to do.

I compared that because some people thought the "1" stood for "phase 1". My point was that you can't just make numbers like that fit your agenda.

I'm believer, but does that mean I have to believe every conspiracy out there? No. Nomatter what it is, I try not to just accept something blindly. Whether the government is telling me something or the conspirator.

I know that you was referencing to the counter. I read all the posts. But with that weight scale analogy you said that "it was obvious, a fifth grade would know that it was a year and not a phase one".
No, it was not. As very few things are obvious in this story. That is my point. And I did not wanted to attack you personally, so please accept my apology for all this but I had to write it out of me.
Now I have to get some sleep. It's just been sunday in my timezone...

I didn't say "a fifth grader would know it was a year and not a phase one". I'm not sure where that came from.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
has the code on jb12 just changed i cant renmember seeing this decode

VGhlIHR5cmFudCBjdXN0b20sIG1vc3QgZ3JhdmUgc2VuYXRvcnMsCkhhdGggbWFkZSB0aGUgZmxpbnR5IGFuZCBzdGVlbCBjb3VjaCBvZiB3YXIKTXkgdGhyaWNlLWRyaXZlbiBiZWQgb2YgZG93bg ==

The tyrant custom, most grave senators,
Hath made the flinty and steel couch of war
My thrice-driven bed of down

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

That's been there for a few hours, ever since Othello.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Anyone remember all of the characters JB12 was referencing, don't really want to look for it in this thread...soo many pages

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Anyone remember all of the characters JB12 was referencing, don't really want to look for it in this thread...soo many pages

Macbeth, Hamlet, Othello, Malvolio, Aemilius, Antony, and Cadwal.

link   
It's amazing that jackblack12.info AND the London Telegraph are still up.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A judge told Andrew Bean that the threat on the internet could have led to widespread "inconvenience, panic and danger" if the security services had not identified it as a hoax so quickly. Judge Robert Moore told Bean: "The content of the e-mail they found on a website set up by you using a false name is chilling. It is to the credit of the security services that they were able very early to ascertain that this was a hoax. The alternative could have led to widespread inconvenience, panic and danger."

link   

Originally posted by Horselover Fat
Well,I finally caught up to ya'll lol

My take on this...and I know it isn't a new one,is that this is an ARG.Specifically meant for ATS,GLP,DavidIcke forums etc.

Basically targeted at conspiracy theorists.

I've followed numerous ARG's on unforums.com (which strangely doesn't have a lot about this one),and this whole BlackJack thing has all the makings.

See usually a "trailhead" is dropped on one of these ARG sites.The piece of info that kicks off the game.

In the case of Operation BlackJack it was dropped in the comic which has been getting lots of attention from the CT crowd since it's inception.

So after the trailhead we get countdowns,strange images,suspenseful videos,Base64,hex,binary codes.

These are all hallmarks of an ARG.

Also a lot of people seemed to be stunned at how fast the jackblack sites were updating.This also rings true of an ARG.Once the PM has the target forum's attention things tend to move kind of quickly.

Now as far as the "fake" sites go.If you follow a few ARG's on unforums you'll notice that a lot of sites seem to pop up related to the game,but they all called "jackers" (if I remember correctly).Basically people who make their own site,but not officially tied to the game.

I know I'm rambling a bit,but this DOES seem to be exactly like an ARG.

I'm not saying it is or isn't....but that's where all the evidence seems to point.

Whatever it is I just want to say Great thread,and great work by all those involved.

Cheers.

If this is an ARG - It's the Jericho Movie and comic book.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

thanks Totakeke I,m trying to compile it all into one post but I;m losing track lol

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NorsU

Orly?

Edit: Someone should keep track of when he updates it next, IIRC the last 2 JB12 things have been updated at 12:30

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Whyhi]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Horselover Fat

But why would the first clue be in a mainstream newspaper?
That's what makes this so weird. It's not like it came from the bowels of the internet, it came from a real media outlet; the LAST people on planet to publish things about conspiracies lol, let alone stick secret codes in them.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Totakeke]

Newsprint and mainstream Newspapers are doing terribly financially so is it out of the realm that this was a paid for advertisement? IE - Run to achieve all that has happened past few days

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If this actually IS an ARG, at this point, would anyone complain? I mean, this has kept my attention better than any tv show or video game I've played in years.

If this IS a ARG, then I hope whoever it is who is running this shoots more our way in the future. I've been looking at ATS boards for months before recently joining, and I've never seen so many people work so hard at figuring something out...its great!!

Keep up all the great work everyone and maybe we'll get to the bottom of something

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace1026

But usually ARG games are more involved and offer harder clues. In fact, we don't even have clues; we have a picture every 12 hours or so (lately the images have taken longer, though) and some base-64 text that we quickly decode to be a Shakespeare quote lol. If it IS an ARG it isn't a very good one.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NorsU

I honestly don't think this has anything to do with Jericho at all.

Fans have been clamoring for that show to return in some form,and if a new ARG was going to be made it wouldn't really make sense to seed it through the Telegraph.

IF....IF this is an ARG,I see it as sort of a grassroots thing by the Blackjack person/people at the Telegraph that sort of exploded into something bigger once they realised how many people were following along.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Can someone verify if this image has changed?

The code on it right now says

this is not simply entertainment

is that what it has always been?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join