It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It takes only one real AFO; to make it true!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This thread I’d like to start it on the psychological level of the masses where it comes to believe or disbelieve on Alien life and intelligent civilizations.

As the title suggests, it only takes ONE claim of an AFO to make the case true. There could be hundreds, thousands of mistaken identities or faked evidence against one real piece and still it would be true.

However, people (we) tend to reverse this logic and we can be faced with hundred of real evidence against a few known hoaxes and we undoubtedly would dismiss it all as fake. Pathetic isn’t it?

Another part of this behavior is being extremist. A skeptic is a person that blindly chooses to filter the information presented to him and distort it to fit his predetermined belief system. I would call him blind, or closed minded. The other extreme is the pure believer. It opens his mind so much his brains fall apart.

There is so much evidence out there that AFO are real that statistically it’s undeniable that at least one of them is for real. But noooo, we have to see it to believe it right?

So why is it that we want the government to acknowledge something that you and I know is real? Personally, I don’t care what Obama has to say about it. I care about what the little green alien has to say, I can’t wait to chat with them.

So who should we be mad at, Obama or the Alien for keeping silence? Or maybe ourselves?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean any harm. I guess I'll have to choose my wording a bit better

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthunter

My post was a bit rude. Sorry. I was going for toilet humor.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow, looks like I just missed something..lol

I agree with your premise Truthhunter, but not your description of sceptics. In my opion, I am a sceptic. By saying that, I mean that I want to cover the bases of known fact before jumping out on a limb and saying something is unknown. I also won't declare something as alien unless there is proof of that, which would probably involve the actual aliens or some sort of evidence of a transit.

That being said, the people calling themselves sceptics these days don't pass muster. Most of the time, they are closed minded fools who are really out to debunk everything regardless of the evidence and try to make the claimee look like a total moron in the process. They give the concept of scepticism a bad name.

I have seen a fair amount of UFO videos. A lot are matched to something and become IFOs. I have not seen anything yet that can claim to be alien, although there are a lot that can be definate unknowns.

Kudos to you for this thread, though. Maybe we can get the angry sceptics to tone it down a bit.

new topics

top topics

join