It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Video May Show Gunman Killing Protesters in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

In the clip, likely shot from a cell phone, a blue-shirted gunman fires an AK-47 into a courtyard from a second-story window.

In the foreground, a crowd of protesters shouts slogans as dozens of shots ring out. The gunman and his targets are behind a high wall, so the crowd doesn't move.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Crowds join Ahmadinejad victory rally
Ahmadinejad heads for big win
US rejects victory claim by Iran's Ahmadinejad

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i've searched for this on ATS and found nothing about it...

The footage broadly matches an incident that took place Monday evening in Tehran, as young protesters broke into a compound used by the Basij paramilitary force. Seven were reported killed as Basij members fired upon them.

"Marg bar Basiji" — "Death to Basij members" — reads a comment attached to the video clip.

Since hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad took office in 2005, the Basij has grown in numbers and influence, and it is directly controlled by the Revolutionary Guards, Iran's ideologically pure parallel military.

well thank God this isn't common in the States here yet! i mean, protesters have been killed before, but over something like this is ridiculous!

also, i found a related story:

"'One shot dead' at Iran protest"

At least one person has been killed in Tehran after armed men opened fire during a rally by tens of thousands of people protesting against Iran's election results.

"It's extraordinary to me that anyone would start shooting at such a huge crowd of people," he said.

"Especially people who have been continuously non-violent all the way from the start of this march, which has of course been prohibited so I suppose that will be the excuse."

Ebrahim Yazdi, the leader of the banned opposition Freedom Movement, said Ahmadinejad's attacks on his opponents had opened a "Pandora's box" which had led to a deep crisis within the Islamic state's establishment.

"The result of such a crisis now is that the rift among the ... personalities in the revolution is getting deeper," he said.

"It is also between people and their government ... a rift between state and the nation. It is the biggest crisis since the [1979] revolution."

english.aljazeera.net...

i'm disgusted, but unfortunately, i'm not shocked either...

imagine if you were at a peaceful protest, and someone started shooting into the crowd you were in - how would you feel?? also, what if you even got shot; wouldn't that make you feel angry and completely powerless against your government??

anyone have any thoughts on this, or is this just another day in the life on Earth?

...why must we be so desensitized to violence and murder...

by the way, how many people were killed?!

this article says 8:
www.timesonline.co.uk...

1? 7? 8? ...maybe the death-toll is simply climbing from injured victims who didn't make it?

moreover, what group do you think the killer could possibly belong to??

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i am ashamed with fox news with a headline :

i didn't see any dead bodies...anyone did?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
it seems this kind of thing happened in the US before. Niel Young even wrote a song about it. Check out the Kent State Massacre

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It was a 'gunman' - didn't look like police or Iranian army to me - I really don't like this situation - the CIA should get out of this country.

The US govt is using dirty tricks as always to stir up dissent against a government they don't like. I just hope this goes away before any more innocent people are killed.

To me, this just shows how powerful a force media and lies can be.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

you've got a point - this could have been staged...

also, networkdude, i remember hearing about that massacre, but never really looked too much into it. that's why i said i'm glad this isn't a regular thing here in the States, as it seems to be "over there"...

top topics

join