It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy: Only 25% should have the right to vote!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Let me see if I got this straight.........

I pay taxes, that pays the salary's, benefits of the elected officials; probably even pay taxes that pays the people that devise the test to determine if I'm smart enough to vote.

I don't care if a person is informed or not; they have the right to vote even if they base their opinion on astrology or tea leaves. They paid for the right to vote thru their taxes no matter if its income taxes or sales taxes from buying cheap wine.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
People who are poor will vote for policies that offer more money and people who are well off will vote for policies that will keep the country stable because it is working for them the way it is. The poor who usually need the change voting brings are usually the most uneducated about politics and the like because knowing about that will not keep them alive. Making them take a test to be able to vote will only help make the rich richer because they are for the most part the ones who are very involved with politics, we need the 75% who only vote for policies because that was things have a better chance of staying balenced.

That's just imho though

<< 1  2   >>

join