It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government's Plan To Kill Independent Web Sites

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Wery well said mate, congratulations and thanks for that. Strangly enough only today I read that New South Wales state goverment in Australia is making the running for big pharma by holding an enquiry as to wether or not the goverment should pass the pharmasecuital industries legislation which will enable them to prosecute and pass sentence on those who say things about vaccines and nutirition that the big pharma doesn't like

World goverment will be a government appointed by the busienss council of the world and the govenor of each country will rubber stamp and be the chief enforcer of the decisions by the busienss council

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Control of thought, control of freedom of speech, control of peoples habits, control of peoples lives. It is fear of losing control of the manipulation that is on going by many governments.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What if this site is a government page ?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wow, great info! Thanks for sharing.

(post by franky2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I've noticed the search engines have evolved a lot since the early days of the internet.
You need to use more and sometimes esoteric search terms to find the same stuff.
The government probably considers grooming the search databases a priority.
The internet is global and countries like China already do filter content from other countries.

Historically up till the early 90's Server Administrators left things like server stat pages pretty much open to be read by anybody under the honor system.

I'm not sure what would happen if there was a proliferation problem (intellectual property rights or something) that wasn't being addressed by removal on request.

In the United States we have the right to Freedom of assembly and freedom of association written into our Constitution. Of course that doesn't mean an agency with enough access couldn't rig the search engines or bandwidth to favor their party line.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It hardly make any sense to limit websites or web activity considering what the western secret
services have done to students and pupils in the west for the specific purpose of limiting
their intellectual and practical abilities. The usage of neurological weapons for the purpose of
degrading, humiliating and frustrating the learning skills of school pupils and university students
For example: using neurological weapons to distract school kids during the learning process aka
Hyperactivity disorder.
Another example: manipulating teachers into writing low grades to certain students for the sole
purpose of frustrating them.

I'm sure there are many other examples of such criminal degenerative activities that the western
secret services have been engaged in, during the past 35 years. As soon as I recall some other
examples I will post them.

Either way, the final objective has always been the degradation and humiliation of creative,
independent thinkers, intellectuals and potential scientists that might one day challenge the
completely corrupt oligarchially decrepit orgy of lunatics, that run the EU today.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Very interesting report it is

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Even if it becomes another bogus law that is unwillingly forced down our throats, websites such as ATS that are subsidized by third-party advertisers, could immediately modify their “terms of use,” requiring members to “opt-in” for free service or “opt-out” and pay for the service. I can imagine 99% of the people will be eager to “opt-in,” thus sending the government worms, their greedy handlers, and the spoiled children of the MSM, back to the drawing board.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You know, I am sure that this plan is real because government is really affraid of people. I hope we will find some ways how to bypass such bans and prohibitions in they occur. Thank you for these curious thoughts

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
America is turning into the Fourth Reich.

Overthrow the corporations, humans!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mister.old.school

Oh no

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

OHHH nvm

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mister.old.school
The Government's Plan To Kill Independent Web Sites

So... this was posted 6 years ago. Independent websites are still a thing.

How's that paranoia workin' out for ya?

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mister.old.school

A private internet was already tried and it failed. It was called AOL. And soon as the corps turn the internet back into AOL it will be reborn again as the Internet. The Internet is not only a reality but a timeless idea like democracy, love, freedom, etc..

They can hem and haw but you just can't stop man's creative force.
edit on 29-10-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm on my side. You might note the little box around my post showing I'm posting as a member. I don't give up the right to post as a member just because I volunteer some time to occasionally help out. I've got no financial stake in this fight at all, but I have a huge stake, as do you, in the continual free flow of information.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have been warning people on sites like this that there are shills, bots and people going into the forums that are gaslighting the veterans against each other, and they get power then change the narrative of the site! JUST happened to me on another forum. These people I have been with for almost a YEAR now, with thousands of posts.....take the bait from these manipulators and gaslighters that are now spewing anti Trump rhetoric to get people to turn against him, with only 2 and 3 hundred posts... -_-

It's disgusting! and the admins TOOK THE BAIT!! I thought I knew them better than that :/ But one of the newer guys got MODERATOR for some reason! and he turned all the admins against me and he BANNED ME! ME of all people that spreads truth and was loved there.

So to all you fellow people on sites like this, watch out! They WILL try and manipulate those against you who once loved you. they WILL alter your words to screw with you. They WILL by any means necessary try to get the most amount of power in order to escalate things, then play the victim so the other mods/admins can see those people are the "nice guys" and that YOU are the bad guy.

Watch out guys. I'm spreading this around any site I can. I'm on 20 plus forums.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Is it actually legal?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Like the music industry, the book world, and even the world of pro wrestling (example used to show the breadth of this), independents have become not only hot but trusted. Independents are almost retro while remaining innovative. That's actually a pretty good position to find ourselves in. Sure, there will be attacks... we are disrupting industries. Disrupting industries and stealing eyeballs and ears means that we are also disrupting profits. But we are doing good work. We should be proud of what we do. Sure, we are rife with bickering and internal squabbles (the JFK assassination community is a great yet sad example of that). However, you can find good work at almost any hardworking independent news/analysis site. And that should be celebrated.
Thanks,
S.T. Patrick

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This thread is a great example of how ATSers have had their finger on the pulse of reality in the larger realm for a long time. Much has happened in the last 8 years and we are seeing now the suppression of independent media by Youtube and Google using the terms of service agreements as leverage to silence voices they don't want heard. It will only get worse as we begin wading the waters of "hate speech" and protectionist legislation to keep the little guy out of the picture and the corporations sitting on top by default.

Great thread, very prophetic.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join