It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter, The Real Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am posting a 45 minute documentary of the Kelly-Hopkinsville alien accounter from 1955. This was made a few years ago. I had read about this documentary yesterday, and went online to purchase it today and sorta accidentally happened onto it in it's entirety.

You'll hear such lines as,

"Land-a-goshin Lucky, yer-a-skerin them kids to death"

and

"It may be demons and their minions from outer space, but I'm goin back out there to finish em off"

Enjoy.

theviewers.ning.com...

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So what happened to this case?what were the results?hoax?plausible?acording to wikipedia

"Explanations

* In 1957, U.S. Air Force Major John E. Albert concluded that the Kelly-Hopkinsville case was the result of the witnesses seeing a "monkey painted with silver [that] escaped from a circus," and that Mrs. Lankford's imagination had exaggerated the event.[4] Isabel Davis, for one, rejected this explanation as not only entirely speculative, but absurd: "[m]onkeys are hairy creatures, monkeys have long tails, monkeys are notorious chatterboxes, and monkeys struck by bullets bleed and die ... no amount of 'optical illusion' can explain a mistake of this magnitude."[2]
* An explanation for the case has been proposed recently by Renaud Leclet, a French Ufologist. It could be a misidentification of a pair of Great horned owls, which are nocturnal, fly silently, have yellow eyes, and aggressively defend their nests. Leclet argues that this explanation fits well with the details of the case, including the appearance and behaviour of the "humanoids". The metallic sound of the striking bullets can be explained by the fact that some bullets hit some metallic objects of the farm, such as the fence.[7] This misidentified bird hypothesis was echoed by Joe Nickell in a Skeptical Inquirer article."

just lol

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Haha, the stories the media concocted to try to explain what happened to those eleven people were more outlandish than the actual story itself!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Thank you for sharing that video. Very interesting, and the sightings of the cloaked figure at the end are new to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Sure. Whoever produced this certainly leaned heavily on pre-conceived ideas of "hill people" -- but the footage quality is good, the scenery/props, etc. are all good. I liked seeing the story played out, I just hope the actors didn't quit their day jobs.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Bombeni

Thank you for sharing that video. Very interesting, and the sightings of the cloaked figure at the end are new to me.

"Get back and stay down! We got interlopers."

This is a real gem of a film, it belongs with the classic cult films.

If you noticed at the beginning of the story, there was a girl grabbed by a clawed-creature at a lake near the Kelly farm a week before the alien "invasion" --- the heavy ufo activity and cloaked figure happened in 2000. There is a lot more info., and interviews of the people who were there, and locals in the area, etc. in this documentary/reenactment, than I have ever read before.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Bombeni]

new topics

top topics

join