It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls for new 'rules of road' for finance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I hope all you left and right wingers can grasp the read between the lines of this...Everyone here should at this point see that the difference between right and left in the media political specter is only red,blue,elephant,mule,R,D,..We are now a slave to a much great threat to the way of life this country was founded on. Having said this I give you 2 examples of what is going on.
2000-2008 Our government created one of the biggest forms of control since the Fed. ... I give you...Department of Homeland Security
2008- Our government has ushered in the same strong armed control over the financial sector. This is going to be passed just as DHS was created out of fear...
If you can't see the tactical and pin point method these two GIANT government control depts were created then your a idiot and your blind.
DHS was created out of fear after "9-11" ushered in with guns ablaze..
This new financial oversite will be ushered in under the cloak of saving our childrens financial future and the fear of economic collapse.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 05-28-2009 by tsloan]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And you notice that I am not pointing blame on any political party here???
Thats cause they are all on the same team...So wake up and grow a set and stop voting for these people...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, most people just don't get it.

It talks about the Obama plan giving the powers to the Federal Reserve, the very same group of people who are seeking world domination. Enough said.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So wake up and grow a set and stop voting for these people...

Who do we vote for?

Slim pickings as it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"We seek a careful balance," Obama said.

Be much easier if they let Ron Paul's Bill through first, for how can you be 'careful' without the strictest oversight?

"We'll have it done this year," Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., chairman of the Senate Banking Committee

See above.

Obama said the plan was designed in consultation with lawmakers, regulators and the institutions it seeks to police..

The Fed among other fractional-reserve lenders. Love how he plays with words.

"Mortgage brokers will be held to higher standards, exotic mortgages that hide exploding costs will no longer be the norm, home mortgage disclosures will be reasonable, clearly written, and concise," Obama said.

Concise = no more getting out of home loan forclosures because the lender never produced any real 'consideration'.

"It was easy money," he said. "But these schemes were built on a pile of sand."

i.e. - People are becoming more aware (awake) of the corruption inherent in the fractional-reserve system.

...to first obtain Treasury Department approval before extending credit to institutions in "unusual and exigent circumstances."

What does it matter if they've got one [or several] of their own in the Treasury Department?

In conjunction with the Fed's authority over large financial institutions and the new consumer agency, Obama also proposed:...

Ha ha...my Comp. professor would have a field day with this statement.

Obama also proposed: • Additional protections for investors, including greater disclosure by hedge funds, regulation of credit default swaps and over-the-counter derivatives that previously operated outside of government oversight.

Sounds ominous for all you mean evil info-pirates.

together with rules that insist that financial institutions hold more capital for safety's sake.

Does this mean they're getting rid of the fractional-reserve system altogether? I seriously doubt it. Sounds more like a weak consumer pacifier to me.

Yahoo...wow. Ya'll are real pros ain't ye?

Not impressed. :/

EDIT: ...but star and flag for ts.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by lagnar]

new topics

top topics

join