It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran accuses US of interference in election feud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Also I would like to add the Iranian Islamic regime is the biggest liar in the world. They keep on and on lying about the elections results etc and even they claim Ahmadinajad has bigger rallies. He had 20,000 roughly and Mousavi had crowds of 3 million plus supporting him. When you learn how this regime works which is by fear, despicable thuggish violence, intimidation, lying and deceitfulness, you finally understand them for what they are - absolutely pathetic!

Hopefully a few of the other clerics will change and turn against the supreme leader Khameni, but Khameni is not likely to change, they will have to find a way to remove him! So if you understand the regime tactics of lying, you finally realise that they will say anything to stay in power, especially now they are getting desperate.

So yes they are trying to turn their own people against the West by making up stories of Western involvement in order to gain their support again. It's not a difficult concept to understand when you get their mindset.

And another point is that the people of Iran didn't begin this with revolution in mind, they only wanted their votes counted. Now the regime isn't willing to do this, (and no their not going to do that despite what western media says as western media is way behind in this). So they only began wanting their votes to count, and didn't realise the full implications of what would happen. But since the regime doesn't accept any kind of protest, the leaders of the opposition (especially Mousavi) cannot given in now and accept any kind of election with the current regime still in charge, as it will be the end for him, and he knows it. It's do or die for some of them otherwise the regime would hunt them down from video footage and torture and even kill them. Maybe a percentage of the protestors will be happy with a recount, but for them to succeed with a revolution they must stick together and not split from the group.

Also it's obvious this anger and resentment towards the regime has been building up for years. In the younger generation they must be sick of being repressed by the regime when they just want to lead a meaningful happy life, and finally they have a good way to release their anger.

And might I add these demonstrations were intented to be peaceful, and the protestors only got violent when the police and Hezbollah militias from Lebanon started beating them up and even killing them. So the protestors have only been defending their human rights, and self-defence against a vicious dictator.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here is some nice Tweeters feed from ppl of Iran:

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You know -- this article is ridiculous -- pure and simple.

ALL of the media outlets had been BEGGING for a comment regarding the election for days and got NO RESPONSE.

Finally, the White House's official response was: I hope that the election reflects the desire of the people.

Now, did the media go around and ask numerous politicians about their thoughts? Yup. Did they all tread so lightly? Nope.

But -- the above is what the official U.S. comment is on the election. If you start polling Americans and get varying answers, you certainly can't say that it's the "Official American Response".

I am so tired of being blamed for things we didn't do. I was (and I choke as I say this) delighted to see the U.S. stay out of this problem!

The worst that they can say is that the U.S. helped Iranians have a voice by enabling them to Twitter. Oh no! Twitter! Give me a break.

There are so many things that we actually do that are wrong -- pick on those. But this is not one of them. (So far...)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Watch ron pauls video from last week, and he says that america has made a new agency of 5000, to help with transitions in democracies around the world.

What does that mean, it means america wants to meddle in every country and get to help choose who is going to win elections.

We all know america does this, so how is the iran leader insane, for telling the truth.

I would like to see that said by another person other than Ron Paul. One man's word does not a fact make.

And so I ask you -- you're calling the Iranian leader sane? He's begun jailing people by the hundreds if they are supporters of the opposing party. He has declared NO ONE access to anything that's going on there.

People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. So if he's so sane -- and right -- why all the hush-hush?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Watch ron pauls video from last week, and he says that america has made a new agency of 5000, to help with transitions in democracies around the world.

What does that mean, it means america wants to meddle in every country and get to help choose who is going to win elections.

We all know america does this, so how is the iran leader insane, for telling the truth.

Telling the truth?

The Iranian election was decided an hour after the polls closed...with paper ballots...with millions of voters. You do the math...truth, give me a break. I despite Obama's domestic policies, but he has been anything but in Iran's business during this election fix.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's probably a good idea to destabilize Iran.

It's quite clear that Ahmadinejad rigged the Iranian election and that many in Iran want a revolution, albeit a peaceful one. Being pro-democracy as we are as a nation, we would be natural allies.

But we have to be more subtle about it.

All these Americans jumping into the green revolution with both feet just might backfire on the protesters and make their punishments more harsh. They will be accused of being agents of the U.S. and the C.I.A. And are we sure that Mousavi will be any better?

I hate to admit this, but the C.I.A. isn't always wrong about everything.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

The Iranian election was decided an hour after the polls closed...with paper ballots...with millions of voters. You do the math...truth, give me a break. I despite Obama's domestic policies, but he has been anything but in Iran's business during this election fix.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by yellowcard]

I'm hoping you meant despise. I can't stand what he's doing to this country -- but I give praise where it's warranted. And how Obama is handling Iran -- by minding his own business -- perfect!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
It's probably a good idea to destabilize Iran.

It's quite clear that Ahmadinejad rigged the Iranian election and that many in Iran want a revolution, albeit a peaceful one. Being pro-democracy as we are as a nation, we would be natural allies.

Allies? That's a stretch.

But we have to be more subtle about it.

How can we be less subtle?

All these Americans jumping into the green revolution with both feet just might backfire on the protesters and make their punishments more harsh. They will be accused of being agents of the U.S. and the C.I.A. And are we sure that Mousavi will be any better?

I hate to admit this, but the C.I.A. isn't always wrong about everything.

I have to correct you on this one. Most of the people protesting over here are Iranian and voted in the election -- which is why they are so outraged.

Further, nobody IN Iran right now has any access to media outlets. Period. So they have no idea what's going on over here unless it's word of mouth.

Lastly, nobody has said Mousavi is any better (meaning from the White House). All they have said is: The election should reflect the will of the people. This would apply to ALL candidates.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Iran state TV using Fox News footage for propaganda

Per Daily Kos-

Iranian government is using Western media to further their own propaganda, in this case that the West has the goal of destabilizing Iran for their own benefit. The Iranians didn't have to look very far for a ready ally in Fox News, the most irresponsible of television networks.

Iran state TV using Fox News footage

www.youtube.com...

sorry don't know how to link

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The daily Kos, there is a credible witness
. I have noticed certain overtones going on in the media during the past few days such as them bringing attention to the actual leader of Iran and calling it a regime. It is probably accurate but none of these tones were present prior to the election. Most of the reports prior just focused on the figurehead.

I don't know if we really started these protests. Most of our shadow stuff involves inciting small rebel factions in a military coup against somebody. These are large groups of people protesting and you have to believe that a vast majority, if not all, have a genuine sentiment of unhappiness with the way the election occured.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

To be fair,
Ahmadinejad did lose the election. that is true
The people are revolting against this on their own accord, that is true.
But, I still say its insane to believe the US and Israel DONT have assets on the ground amongst protestors encouraging dissent.

They arent the driving force behind it, not even close.
But they are on the ground assisting. Playing such a minor role because the Iranian people really have taken this incident by the throat and ran with it.

It may be only a handful of people, helping get around the internet blockages, helping get stuff onto twitter.. they could simply be there making contact with the leaders of this 'resistance'

But, the west does have people in Iran. An opportunity of this magnitude hasnt presented itself since the 80's.
We are there gathering intel

- How the police act in a time of crisis
- How the revolutionary guard act
- How the Basij act
- WHO are in the Basij/revolutionary guard
- What buildings they guard
- What methods they use to stop masses of people
- Weak points/strong points
- How the government acts, where they go and what functions stop in a time of crisis.

All these Islamic Militia being used to stop violence must of come from somewhere.. Surely if we followed them we'd find where they are trained.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join