It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran accuses US of interference in election feud

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

Iran has accused the United States of "intolerable" meddling in its internal affairs, alleging for the first time that Washington has fueled a bitter post-election dispute.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related Article
Associated Press

[edit on 17-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"A state television channel in Iran says the government summoned the Swiss ambassador, who represents U.S. interests in Iran, to complain about American interference."

I wonder what exactly the "American Interferance" is. Is he refering to us wanting twitter to stay active so we can know what is actually happening? Or are we interfearing, and trying to get the president we want into office?

And of course US official denies charge of interference in Iran
-E-

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Why does this not surprise me? Ahmadinejad is insane. Yeah, the people are pissed in Iran because he was "elected" to another term in office, so it follows that America must be involved.
This world just continues to become more ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Watch ron pauls video from last week, and he says that america has made a new agency of 5000, to help with transitions in democracies around the world.

What does that mean, it means america wants to meddle in every country and get to help choose who is going to win elections.

We all know america does this, so how is the iran leader insane, for telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me.

What does surprise me is that Iran didn't throw out this claim on day one.

As far as the US meddling, well; I'm sure the US is probably doing what it does best. To what extent is the real question.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Looks like Iran is accusing the EU of the same thing.
Iran Accuses Eu Of 'rude Interference' For Urging Election Investigation

2009Iran is accusing the European Union of rudely interfering in its affairs by calling for an investigation of the Islamic state's disputed presidential election

-E-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
We did this in 53 so why would we not do it today? I have no doubt the CIA is fueling this and Im against it. With that being said if we are going to be in the empire business its a hell of a lot cheaper to overthrow them this way than to start bombing and rebuilding.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well it wouldn't be the first time the US had directly intervened in Middle Eastern affairs. It's been going on since the end of the second world war. The US government and CIA actively supported and organised various coups and uprisings in both Iraq and Iran, mostly throughout the 1960s and 1970s in order to make sure that Communist Russia didn't gain a hold in the oil-rich region.

Link

In 1963, after unsuccessful results from supporting anti-government Kurdish rebels in Iraq, the U.S. decides to support a coup by the Ba’ath party to overthrow the Qassim regime, which has maintained relations with the Soviet Union and allowed the existence of the Iraqi Communist Party. Moreover, in June 1967 Israel is attacked by Egypt, Jordan, and Syria, precipitating the short Six Day War in which Israel annexes the West Bank, Golan Heights, and Sinai Peninsula.
The American interventions in the years before the Iranian revolution have all showed to be based on economics, but more so have been influenced and led by the international Cold War context.

Also, read Noam Chomsky's 'What We Say Goes'. Very interesting read, as all he does is point out the massive gulf between official reportage and reality. Iran has every right to be cynical in this respect.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well everyone wants to blame the USA for everything that goes wrong in their country whether we did anything wrong or not. It is always good to have a scapegoat so you can get the masses to look at someone else as the problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is a pretty interesting video on the US, CIA, and Iran's 2009 election.

-E-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The US together with the UK and Israel are probably stirring things behind the scenes in Iran. This threesome certainly stir things big style elsewhere in the Middle East so I guess they are there behind the scenes in Iran too. To be honest as soon as I heard of this "green" movement for change I smiled, there have been so many US/British/Israeli/NATO sponsored revolutions in the world which begin with a colour as their name, so now they are so brash and stick with the same old formula!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I love how people can just blame everything on the USA or the UK or Israel without a shred of evidence that they have done anything wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

If it means bringing down Iran and it's terror sponsoring regime then they are doing the right thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
While there is no doubt that the US does have a keen interest in other countries elections, especially in the middle east, and yes we have taken behind the scene actions in some cases.

Some of you though make it sound like an American thing only, hell in our last election how many financial donors were investigated? Our elections don't have the overt meddling from foreign countries but has that stopped China, Japan, Israel, the list goes on from "contributing" to candidates coffers...and at times these contributions are way above the legal limits...

Every country of means practices the same election influence meddling/peddling.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It was just a matter of time before this came out.
US official denies charge of interference in Iran
I will put it on the OP also

-E-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Well everyone wants to blame the USA for everything that goes wrong in their country

The US media took the problems and without having any evidence have been reporting it excessively while completely demonizing Iran and its "Prime Minister" who has been voted in.

Would you see this amount of media coverage and political furore over something like this happening in say Slovenia? Or even the UK? Thats why they are saying it..

To be fair, the EU countries that are friendliest to the US are doing the same so we're all to blame.

[edit on 17/6/09 by Dermo]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok so while the Michael Savages of the world are accusing Obama of not doing enough Iran is claiming he is meddling...

what a crazy world...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Looks like Iran is accusing the EU of the same thing.
Iran Accuses Eu Of 'rude Interference' For Urging Election Investigation

2009Iran is accusing the European Union of rudely interfering in its affairs by calling for an investigation of the Islamic state's disputed presidential election

-E-

You know I would say the U.S. probably would have not called for an investigation at all until those in power started gunning down protestors. That called a bit of suspicion into this whole thing.

You know what else is also suspicious? An election with supposed record turnout across Iran and all the votes were supposedly counted in two hours. How does that happen realistically unless you have the whole thing electronically wired?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There is no meddling in Iran by the USA. All that was stopped in 2007 after the democrats had got into congress and therefore the funding for covert operations in Iran was cut.

Now a country or two who you can accuse of doing meddling in Iran, yes with the Islamic regime's permission, but do you really think the Russians and possibly the Chinese have their best interests at heart. I doubt it, they are looking out for themselves, and only support Ahmadinajad in order to use him as a puppet against the West.

I have unconfirmed reports from a friend who has messaged me that he has found on website in Farsi that the Russian's were advising Khameni on the military coup d'etat that took place in order to carry out the vote rigging. The man from the interior ministry who says the official results show Ahmadinajad came 3rd in the election has been found dead in a car crash which appears to be suspicious. The regime has always operated in these methods, and is fully capable of this kind of psychopathic behaviour. Go figure! To those who seem to love bashing the United States and laying blame on them for anything, please go check the real facts and you'll be surprised just how despicable the Islamic regime is in Iran. I'm not American by the way, I'm British.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
America is to blame for every thing that happens on this planet.
In fact i blame America because i got up late for work this morning, i also blame for my lunch being crappy today.
Its easy just blame America for every thing.

*sarcasm*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join