It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubonic plague reported in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Bubonic plague reported in Libya

news.bbc.co.uk

The World Health Organization (WHO) is sending an expert to Libya to look into a reported outbreak of bubonic plague not far from the Egyptian border.

Libyan officials say at least one person has died and several more have been infected in the town of Tubruq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Seems to be a lot of sicknesses going around this year? what with the swine flu infection going around and not though to peak until the autumn/winter and now this it looks like we may have more than one pandemic to face and large numbers of deaths to face? Given the way our governments seem to have let swine flu spread is there any hope that they can realistically control this before this one spreads in a similar way?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The bubonic plague is actually not uncommon in rodents here in the southwestern US. It isn't considered a big deal because it is treatable.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

What you said is sooo true. But lets not forget that the fear factor is playing into this. The more FEAR

The better!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Just wait until Leprosy becomes popular again. The Hanta virus here in New Mexico is worse than the Black Death at least the Black Death can be treated with antibiotics. Hanta virus I don't think so. I don't really know.... I mean they may use them in the course of treatment but there's no sure AB that will cure it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

There is no specific treatment, cure, or vaccine for hantavirus infection. However, we do know that if infected individuals are recognized early and receive ...

Nope hanta is bad, bad news. If I am not mistaken the only blessing is that it burns itself out quickly when it flares and, due to this, doesn't transmit effectively over large distances.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

Obama goes to Mexico City in April....Swine Flu

Obama goes to Egypt in June....Bubonic Plague

Anyway, here was just some cases in New Mexico this month too:

cnews.canoe.ca...

new topics

top topics

join