It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 2749: Totalitarian Control of the Food Supply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sounds like the government's little conspiracy at-work to hijack and takeover America's agricultural industry:

A new food safety bill is on the fast track in Congress-HR 2749, the Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009. The bill needs to be stopped.

HR 2749 gives FDA tremendous power while significantly diminishing existing judicial restraints on actions taken by the agency. The bill would impose a one-size-fits-all regulatory scheme on small farms and local artisanal producers; and it would disproportionately impact their operations for the worse.
www.infowars.com...

HR 2749 also includes the following:
- HR 2749 would impose an annual registration fee of $500 on any “facility” that holds, processes, or manufactures food.

- HR 2749 would empower FDA to regulate how crops are raised and harvested. It puts the federal government right on the farm, dictating to our farmers. WTO "good farming practices" will include the elimination of organic farming by eliminating manure, mandating GMO animal feed, imposing animal drugs, and ordering applications of petrochemical fertilizers and pesticides.

- HR 2749 would give FDA the power to order a quarantine of a geographic area, including “prohibiting or restricting the movement of food or of any vehicle being used or that has been used to transport or hold such food within the geographic area.”

- HR 2749 would empower FDA to make random warrantless searches of the business records of small farmers and local food producers, without any evidence whatsoever that there has been a violation.

- HR 2749 charges the Secretary of Health and Human Services with establishing a tracing system for food. Each “person who produces, manufactures, processes, packs, transports, or holds such food” would have to “maintain the full pedigree of the origin and previous distribution history of the food,” and “establish and maintain a system for tracing the food that is interoperable with the systems established and maintained by other such persons.”

- HR 2749 creates severe criminal and civil penalties, including prison terms of up to 10 years and/or fines of up to $100,000 for each violation for individuals.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm kinda surprised, I expected more outrage from this proposed legislation.

The bill affects not only small- and mid-sized farms, but technically would regulate would grow in your own garden. Farmers' markets would be subjected to this legislation and would likely cease to exist because of the tracking requirements and registration fees.

I also found this interesting regarding where agricultural food derives within the US. It's in fact, not even predominately US farms.

It was disclosed at the June 3rd hearing that, out of the 378,000 food facilities that have registered with FDA, 220,000 of them are foreign facilities that export to the United States. Rep. Dingell commented that the percentage of our food coming from out of the country will increase in the future.
www.ftcldf.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This is what the Communists do.

End of story.

I know all the crops owned by families in communist countries have to be accounted for- or better yet they would prefer you didnt have any food.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Its called global blackmail 101.........

Do a little research on how concress members are blackmailed......

It has been going on for decades..........

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Seems like something to get that Codex Alimentarius going??

I'm hoping my garden is huge this year...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyle6677
Seems like something to get that Codex Alimentarius going??

I'm hoping my garden is huge this year...

What is Codex?

I'll Google this right now too.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Now the e-coli outbreaks make a LOT more sense. Scare the hell out of people (old and tried method) then propose the God send legislation to save us all! Yet this will crush the agricultural industry and force many local farmers out. What's left of them that is. They will lose their land to the government and then get it leased back to them to farm.

This is truly a terrible bill and I hope it gets shot to hell. But of course the people pushing the fertilizers will be paying big bucks to line the pockets of the politicians that will be voting on this.

Sick world of greed we live in today. I wouldn't be surprised if Monsanto weren't involved in some way.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

From what I understand its basically a global set of standards, rules, practices, etc for various aspects of food to be adopted by the WHO, UN, and organizations of the like.

There's some threads here about it, here's a big one recently made:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From what I gather, the guidelines for this bill and for Codex are pretty similar, so I wouldn't put it past them that they are jsut trying to implement it now. I also wouldn't discount Monsanto's involvement!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Looks like they're at it again. It seems we can't let our guard down because they will just propose the same thing with different numbers.

Shame on the WTO, Monsanto, the FDA, Codex, all the lot of them.

S&F.

More people should realllly know about this!!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Activist groups need to peacefully protest this bill and make well thought out speeches against HR2749. We all need to call and write congress members telling them to vote this bill down. Do not beg or threaten your congress man/woman. If if enough people tersely tell congress people in simple plain English to vote against 2749. They will.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by eradown]

top topics

join