It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what kind of cell do you have

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i just switched my carrier from verizon to sprint. i got a new scp-2700 by sanyo and i love it.
just curious as to what everyone is working with here

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Mine's fairly nice, it's about 12'x12', lovely white padded walls, and ....oh wait, you mean THAT kind of cell...

Verizon LG Voyager. Damn thing has everything, camera, GPS, full keyboard, touch screen with vibro feedback, voice commands, web, e-mail, mp3 player, tv, you name it...it's absolutely crazy what these things do now...

Now if I only bothered with even half of it, lol!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just recently upgraded from a Sanyo S1 (candybar style) to a SCP-2700 as well actually, and so far its been awesome aside from getting used to not having to work with T9 for text messaging. Was quite suprised to see you can also post photos taken with it to Flickr, Photobucket, and a few other services as well. Only gripe so far is lack of a memory card slot so I'm limited in capacity for ringers and photo storage.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have the best cell phone ever....

Sprint plan - Sanyo phone - spc 2700 also, ( I think ).

It's a company phone... I don't pay a dime !!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nice, my company uses either AT&T or Verizon for company phones, and most of them are crackberries so I wouldn't touch that with a 50 foot pole.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I hate to talk on the phone. No frills Nokia W/10cent a min. calling card.
I usually have it on "lights only" and don't answer it. I might answer my voice mail if it is a life and death situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Verizon Blackberry Curve. A bit long in the tooth so I'm waiting for the arrival of the Blackberry Tour this summer.

Great phone!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have one of those W233 T Mobile phones. It's supposed to be housed in recycled plastic.

I hate this thing but I let my sister go pick me up a new phone cause my old spiffy razor got stolen from me at gunpoint.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's pink. It makes phone calls. And it has more bells and whistles that I'll never even know exist, nevertheless be able to figure out how to use.

And I think it's Sprint.
It's only about six months old and is way overly complicated. My last one was a silver Sprint phone and relatively easy. This one, not so much.

[edit on 6/18/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I wasn't aware they made any other type of cell than the one I own anymore.

Of course I speak of the greatest device to ever grace technology. The I-Phone.

Now, I'll stop being pretentious, but seriously, if you have ATT, there's no reason to own any other phone. It does everything, and it does it sexy. The problem now is that I'll never be able to own any other type of phone. Its like every other apple product I've purchased, they implant themselves in your life so you can never get used to anything else again.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Got the AT&T BlackBerry Curve,, waiting for my upgrade to get the bold. Love the BB.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My only issue with the I Phone was that touch screens can go bad rather quick with heavy use, and it's difficult to text discreetly, such as in meetings, etc.

With mine, it has a touch screen or an actual keyboard, I can use either to text. That was really the big decider for me over getting an I Phone (would have been about the same, money-wise)...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well we're discussing 2 types of touch screen there. On a typical touch screen, the device either depends on pressure or warmth to detect where you are manipulating the information.

On an I-Phone, the screen is actually a electromagnetic membrane under a sheet of glass. You manipulate the information using your body's conductivity. Therefore, you can literally put no pressure on the screen at all and still make it work. So wearing out the screen is only a possibility if you poke at it hard or show it to the pavement.

See? Us I-Phone users are freaks. This thing might as well be implanted into my hand. But then we're getting into a discussion more for ATS boards.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mine is a company phone and its a samsung from bell.
I am on call 24 hours a day so I cringe when it rings.
Its a pretty basic phone but it has a camera.
Like elevatedone...I don't pay for it either.

new topics

top topics

join