It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Fights Full Release Of Detainee Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

CIA Fights Full Release Of Detainee Report

www.washingtonpost.com

The CIA is pushing the Obama administration to maintain the secrecy of significant portions of a comprehensive internal account of the agency's interrogation program, according to two intelligence officials.

The officials say the CIA is urging the suppression of passages describing in graphic detail how the agency handled its detainees, arguing that the material could damage ongoing counterterrorism operations by laying bare sensitive intelligence procedures and methods.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.pubrecord.org
voices.washingtonpost.com
voices.washingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Alleged 9/11 mastermind: `I make up stories'
Secrecy Conceals Some Classification Costs
Obama Orders Review of Government Secrecy

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Based on the little scraps of intel released thus far, they are obviously more interested/invested in covering their own derrières.

To give you an idea of how afraid they really are ... note how we have seen more of Cheney and his daughter in the past two months then in the preceding 8 years combined. www.abovetopsecret.com... This whole push for info on what took place during Bush Incorporated was in office is in essence the modus operandi for The Dick Cheney Magical Mystery Media Tour.

We know of two minors so far that have been detained on bogus charges www.abovetopsecret.com... and now with the recently ACLU released documents on the alleged al-Qaeda/911 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed, stating that he made up stories under interrogation/torture. www.abovetopsecret.com... ...image what else we may find behind the curtain. So far all we have had is a peek, but only because we have independent organizations fighting on our behalf for it..

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

You know sometimes it is good for the government to keep secrets in certain areas. You do not want to give away your tactics to potential enemies.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by The All Seeing I

You know sometimes it is good for the government to keep secrets in certain areas. You do not want to give away your tactics to potential enemies.

This is the thing... the "tactics" are no secret and have no baring on our national security. We not only know the methods used and how they were used... we even know the 'who' and 'how much' the government hired/paid to develop, approve and over look their application. www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join