It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One way to create human-robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
These are not good.

Think about it.

Metric:

10mm to 1cm, 100cm to 1m, 1000m to 1km etc.

1cm^3 is 1mL.

1000mL of pure water at sea level weighs 1kg. 1L = 1Kg.

It seems very simple. Too simple, the base 10 system.

Now, decimals.

0.1 is 10%, or 1/10.

0.125 is 12.5%, or 1/8.

Decimals and the metric system help rewire your thoughts, thinking and brain structure in to a very simple yet efficient 'machine'. It makes you less able to handle tasks involving a greater degree of thought, as everything is so structured and computer like.

The imperial system is superior, although I am not totally familiar with it.

I think it is 16 ounces to a pound, 28.25g to an ounce, 2.24lb to a kg, 2.54cm to an inch, 12 inches to a foot, 3 feet to a yard.

Because the weights are based of a unit of 16, and the measures off a unit of 12, 3, 18, 6, etc, and everything is not so rounded, it helps your brain grow and develop because more mental effort is required to get to the answers, rather than the stupidly simple metric system.

Working with such things as inches, feet, pounds, fathoms, ounces etc, make you actually smarter, as more effort is required to deduce and calculate the weights and measures of certain objects.

Using fractions is also vastly superior to using decimals. Converting decimals to percentages is insanely easy. Converting fractions to percentages/decimals is somewhat harder. Fractions are also more accurate than decimals. 1/3 is much smoother than 0.3333333333333333...... . 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 gives you 1. 0.333etc + 0.333etc +0.333etc does not give you 1. It gives you a number very close to 1, that is 0.999etc, which if rounded up will give you 1, but is still not 1.

Using decimals is not good for your thought patterns, nor is the metric system.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randomnumbergenerator

Very interesting.

You ever wonder why computer tasks match the name of human tasks?

1.sleep
2.read
3.program
4. mode/mood
5. run
6.imput
7. memory

Were you aware that following the RFID chip that will be implanted into our hand/ arm, they have begun to experiment with the Angel Chip, or brain chip as its know. This RFID chip will be attached to a portion of your brain, making you a Cyborg, Straight Up!! They chip soldiers and they will be the first to have the brain chip implanted, creating a "Super Army" with no emotions, better killers.

Check this video out called Brain Chip: A Prison For Your Mind
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
yeah I candefinately see cyborgs being the "New Generation"

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

You ever wonder why computer tasks match the name of human tasks?

1.sleep
2.read
3.program
4. mode/mood
5. run
6.imput
7. memory

You know why that is? Because computers were designed and programed by humans. On top of this the humans marketing home computers to other humans wanted to make them understandable and accessible to the masses.

As for the number system let's do a little thought experiment that somebody in India probably did way back when: Look at your fingers, count to 11 on them, odds are you went through all ten of your digits then started over again with one. Well, that's a pretty easy way to do things. 10 is also an easily divisible number, and one that is very easy to comprehend thanks to our anatomy. The designing of the metric system, by the French in 1791 was just a method of making our units of measure match better our number system and logical pattern of thinking.

If indeed it does make you into some sort of human-robot, then all of the world aside from Myanmar, Liberia and the USA must be completely gone, because it's the standard in every other country!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randomnumbergenerator

Well this certainly makes you think ! The motive behind it as well is so sinister--altering our thought patterns.
We've somehow just gotta fight them and keep the brain active as possible, always questioning everything.
And Buttercookie ==computer tasks matching human tasks is also very sinister.
We are all goin to be machines soon, the process is well underway !!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Thanks UK!

Obama's Health Care Reform to cut the cost of healthcare will be the beginning of the mandatory RFID. First to get the free healthcare, you will need to be chipped....then all recipients of government benefits (welfare, foodstamps, child support, SSI ) will need one, as they will be direct deposited to the chip....the military and the prison population will have no choice and there you have it

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

You know why that is? Because computers were designed and programed by humans. On top of this the humans marketing home computers to other humans wanted to make them understandable and accessible to the masses.

Exactly! The same reason we personify the God's! Because it gives us a way to wrap our minds around the activities. The decimal system is vastly superior to the American version! It cuts down on mistakes, and it follows a logical progression.

I have grown up in America, and my degree is in Engineering. There is significantly more work involved in a calculation done in ft.lbs, or horsepower. There are so many conversion it makes my head hurt. Give me Base10 metrics anyday!

Now, as far as brain development, I can see your point. It is kind of like learning to tell time on a digital clock. The "activity" of learning is stimulated by the harder system to learn. It is good in that respect, but I think that excess challenge could be pointed to learning more stuff, instead of learning something the hard way!

top topics

join