It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu officially declared not as severe as believed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well looks like we've all been panicking over nothing ... it seems that Health Minister Nicola Roxon here in Australia has made public the governments official position on the Swine Flu pandemic today and declared that it's "not as severe as previously thought" ... even though we have 2000+ confirmed cases.

Apparently anti-virals will only be given to those in serious need while the remainder will have to use over-the-counter medications.

Well, so much for all the media hype these last few months !

Here's the entire article:
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This comes as no shock. It was a nice diversionary tactic to use. i just wonder what our attention was diverted from?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the great post, iId like to see more information like this be shown to the people, everyone left right and center are in panic, it's quite something when you "prove" that it's not as bad as the media portrays it to be.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good, star and flag.

There are strange things going on in here.

Why was this thread removed from hot topics and front page?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your kids are going to be forced to take vaccinations soon. An important subject if ever there was one. Dammit.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth4hire

I'm not sure if Australia is the 1st country to "officially" state it's position regarding the non-severity of Swine Flu and whether it came to this conclusion after consultation with WHO ... or whether they took it upon themselves to make such a statement essentially saying Swine Flu is no more serious or debilatating then the "common" strains of flu that circulate yearly. I wonder where this new found "knowledge" came from ?

So if this is the case, why all the worldwide media and governmental hype we've been bombarded with over the last few months, the declaration of global pandemic, the daily Swine Flu statistics ? Now here in Oz we're essentially being told "nothing to see here, folks ... move on" and get on with life as usual ?

So much so, that we're advised that the symptoms of Swine Flu can now be treated with over the counter medication !!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Any other countries following Australia's lead ?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Finally! It's about time someone said it. It was all just to get people used to the name so that Baxter can sell lots of flushots.
Of all people I never thought ATS people would buy into this hype, but many did.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's a country making an official comment on the reduced severity of the current Swine Flu pandemic in Australia.
I'm really surprised at the almost non-response to this post as in my opinion THIS is the 1st major policy change regarding Swine Flu in months !

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zetabeam

Can I have the Health Minister Nicola Roxon's salary? I could've told you that. My cat could've told you that....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Can I have the Health Minister Nicola Roxon's salary? I could've told you that. My cat could've told you that....

As could many others of us ... I'm willing to bet you're like myself and have never seen someone with Swine Flu. As a matter of interest, how many of you out there HAVE actual seen an honest to god genuine case of Swine Flu ?

[edit on 18/6/09 by zetabeam]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I saw some dude walking in a King Soopers parking lot with a mask on about a month ago, he was several yards away and I booed and hissed him as he walked, but that is as close as I have got.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

new topics

top topics

join