It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Impacts In Every Corner of the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The Obama Administration on Tuesday released a report showing climate disruption is already leaving deep imprints on every sector of the environment and that the consequences of these changes will grow steadily worse in coming decades.

The 196-page report crisscrosses the United States and finds that global warming has touched every corner: Heavier downpours, strengthened heat waves, altered river flows and extended growing seasons.

These changes, the report notes, will place increasing stress on water, health, energy and transportation systems and have, in several instances, already crossed tipping points to irreversible change.

I can't believe my eyes, finally an official report agreeing that SHTF in regards to the climate.

"This report is a game-changer," said Administrator Jane Lubchenco of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. "Much of the foot-dragging in addressing climate change is in the perception that climate change is a ways down the road and only occurring in remote parts of the planet.

"Climate change is happening now. It's happening in our own backyards, and ... it affects you and the things you care about."

www.scientificamerican.com...

Of course this just adds more fuel to the fire for the people who, strangely enough; believe that it is all just a conspiracy of some sort.

Perhaps it is a matter of terminology that gets the debunkers riled up?

In essence, global warming is the disruption and change to regularly seen weather and climate. There is no dispute that weather and climate have been changing for billions of years. The Issue here is that humans are speeding the process of the continuously changing weather and climate.

What causes weather/climate to change?
1. Exo-planetary forces such as solar flares/waves etc.
2. Changes in the planet itself such as shifting of the poles and continental masses etc.
3. Human consumption and processing of natural resources.

These are irrefutably fact.

Climate change is a natural process and combining it with our unceasing appetite for natural resources, does not help slow the aforementioned processes. In fact quite the opposite, it helps speed up the changes.

Anyone denying these facts clearly has issues with their cerebrum.

Regardless of the name given to this process of "change", be it global warming, dimming or new ice age, the facts cannot be denied, we are contributing to the speeding up of the change itself and if we don't change our ways now, the future looks quite uncertain.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
FACT: Global climate is changing, has for billions of years and will continue to do so.

MYTH: Human activity is responsible for it, and/or speeding it up.

There is no way to prove that human activity is responsible for the climate change. (Note the name change, it was MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING, but since they need to dupe everyone into believing all of their assumptions, they had to change the name.) It is kind of like Obama telling America he has "saved or created X# of jobs". You simply cannot prove it.

I do believe one thing though; the government Obama wants to run is much larger than any previous administration and he and his buddies need a large cash flow. Hence the climate change bill that will tax the shi* out of every last person until they can no longer afford to live and are totally dependant on the government.

No tax increases on the middle class "O" says? That is the biggest lie ever, you are going to be fealing the pain from this one.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by bakednutz]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Climate change has been happening. It will continue to happen long after we are gone. Global Warming is being used as a political tool. Money is being wasted and stupid people are getting rich off of other stupid people who buy anything being said by the media. There is no dispute that it's getting hotter right now. It got hotter 150 thousand years ago. It also got cooler after that. Our pollution is not helping the planet and if we converted from using gas for cars to hydrogen, we would be helping our air quality. Maybe even save the planet. But nobody is interested in doing that. All they want to do is blame someone for Global Warming and sell them carbon credits. We need to fire everyone in Washington and get new leadership. People off the streets who have lived regular lives and not fantasy, silver spoon fed lives.

Rant over. Al Gore is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz

MYTH: Human activity is responsible for it, and/or speeding it up.

There is no way to prove that human activity is responsible for the climate change.
[edit on 17-6-2009 by bakednutz]

So your saying humans clear cutting forests which allows a natural process of removing excess amounts of CO2 has no effect on the environment?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Regardless of the name given to this process of "change", be it global warming, dimming or new ice age, the facts cannot be denied, we are contributing to the speeding up of the change itself and if we don't change our ways now, the future looks quite uncertain.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by warrenb]

So regardless of whether we see a new ice age or global warming skyrockets it's because of greenhouse gasses emitted by mankind?
I'm sorry but that just doesn't fly. It's basically saying "I have no idea what's happening but whatever it is, it's our fault".

Either Co2 causes global warming or it doesn't. You can't just suddenly do a 180 when the facts don't agree with you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

The 196-page report crisscrosses the United States and finds that global warming has touched every corner: Heavier downpours, strengthened heat waves, altered river flows and extended growing seasons.

I guess the global warming hasn't hit the north country yet. Our winters have been longer and more intense. No extended growing season here. The vegetable gardens haven't really got a start yet. Frost unusually late in the spring.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

I guess the global warming hasn't hit the north country yet. Our winters have been longer and more intense. No extended growing season here. The vegetable gardens haven't really got a start yet. Frost unusually late in the spring.

The term "global warming" has been made famous by politicians (Gore), but its not accurate at all. The earth is not a giant Hot Pocket left in the microwave to long. The correct terminology is global climate change. Some areas like where you are probably from will see longer winters, while my winters have been getting shorter.

Think of it as weather patterns that are changing. Changes that have been influenced by humans. The phrase global warming needs to be retired.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

I believe your answer to me was to the point and correct. A star for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Originally posted by MrVertigo
So regardless of whether we see a new ice age or global warming skyrockets it's because of greenhouse gasses emitted by mankind?
I'm sorry but that just doesn't fly. It's basically saying "I have no idea what's happening but whatever it is, it's our fault".

Either Co2 causes global warming or it doesn't. You can't just suddenly do a 180 when the facts don't agree with you.

I agree completely. For some people, it just has to be our fault. The prognosis that AGW is causing increased disastrous weather events is sketchy at best. They seemed to do just fine in the Medieval Warm Period. Common sense dictates that when more and more people move into disaster prone areas, and more of it is reported, it may seem as if there's more extreme weather events, when there really isn't. But that won't stop climate alarmists from profiting (unless enough people wake up to the garbage
spewed
by them).

"We caused Hurricane Katrina!!" says Gore. Well we did build an entire city below sea level in a hurricane prone area that has been flooded many times before... But carbon emmissions did it. pfft. What a joke.

It has been cooling for the last few years now, but mysteriously, greenhouse gas emmisions are now responsible for that too. Better get your wallet out and pay your carbon taxes then.

Yes we are causing harm to our planet, in more ways than one. Deforestaion, extensive fertilisation wreaking havoc with natural eco systems, drugs and chemicals in water supplies, lack of crop variation (thanks Monsanto)...
But CO2 causing massive effects on our climate?? Sorry, but fantasy scare stories are not always fact. The 'green' movement has been conned into thinking CO2 is the new age devil, and now the world will lose more of it's wealth to the hands of a few, without any real affect on climate.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Agreed. and the debate is 'over' too. Al Gore and hes 'friends' are playing us and most of us are buying it.. Grrr

But, I think that Tptb will slip up soon, they have too many lies to cover now..

[edit on 18-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
global warming is real and human-induced to some extent, i have no doubt about that.

however, it scares the crap out of me how good an excuse for a NWO it is.

new topics

top topics

join