It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
All I'm saying is that we may not be God it/him/herself, but we certainly are godlike. And if that's the case, then we are most definitely aliens ourselves.
1) As prehistoric hominids, we created worlds by using pigments and drawing them on cave walls.
2) When speech came along, we created worlds through oral storytelling.
3) As speech gave birth to the written word, we wrote books detailing insanely complex worlds and universes to explore (been to the Sci-Fi section in a bookstore lately?).
4) Radio and television became the next medium through humans have co-created worlds and universes for others to explore.
5) Then comes the Internet - a World Wide Web - providing endless hours of fun and enjoyment for others. In fact, this realm is so chock full of immersion that many become addicted. Think "video games" and chat rooms - or forum boards (LOL)
Originally posted by dsm1664
And if someone now posts a photo of them flying in on a dragon, I'll feel very small right now.