It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and self proclaimed aliens

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

your getting pretty upset about my on-topic comments in a thread that concerns these types of people....

but anyway, i dont care. i shouldnt have to block half the population of ATS because they beleive in their hearts that they are aliens and that what they think in their mind is right. Take a chill pill, or you know... just ignore all my posts

flamrr

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Think of it like we are bodies into spirit or spirit into bodies, play with that a little bit, see if the mid section of your solarplexus agrees.

If you are not willing to push the very bounderies of your comfort zone how will one ever KNOW. Let go of what you think you know and observe with eyes unclattered with chatter.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X1

Hang on a second, I never claimed to be from the stars, in fact I said the exact opposite in above posts. I'm not lying about anything I assure you of that, what would I gain from lying about it. A couple of usernames thinking I am cool or a liar? What a victory. I simply was and am explaining what I believe and my personal experiences.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Kevin_X1

A quick look at the total number of members will give all the evidence neccessary that you are mistaken. It is a very, very, almost miniscule number of members...

Newer and dumber? Again, a quick perusal of a random sample of threads on most any topic will again prove you mistaken. Yes, there are some, shall we say, outrageouse threads claiming all sorts of outlandish things. They are, however, far outnumbered by the thoughtful and well researched threads that reside on ATS.

Well I certainly am not in favor of censoring threads etc. But the thread got 100+ flags, was on the front page for quite some time(only reason I knew it existed) and so forth.

Why it's disappointing is it got there based purely on telling people what they want to hear. And that's pretty much what all the flags, the "contribution" and so forth is all about - saying things people want to hear in the manner they want to hear it.

In order to get such attention on the threads, all one needs to do is appeal to peoples biases. It doesn't matter how valid the points being made are, it's all a matter of who's bias you are appealing to.

So the way the site works basically ends up rewarding peoples biases which would be further promoting ignorance, rather than bringing around better understanding and truth.

I don't know of a solution really, I could only give better ways of scoring threads. But it would still be based on the users etc. It's all on the users in the end, not too much the system itself can do it about it other than being a bit more fair in general. I'm sure I'm guilty of it in cases as well. But it's just rather disappointing and should be recognized for what it is I think.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by born-indigo

yes you are right, well they are just running around scared

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by born-indigo

sorry, these topics get so big i forget half the material. but, its not that your lying, its that you have classified yourself as "indigo."

as soon as you give something a name, you give it specific qualifications and you put it on a pedestal. i dont like to see a strictly human (humans being individual to the core) phenomenon being invested with other-worldly or excessively super-natural traits.

Let it boil down to something comprehendable, at least until what in uncomprehendable can be comprehended.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Originally posted by mystiq
The threads that often reveal glimpses of truth and wisdom are often not ones that can be debated logically like discussing a breaking news or nasa presentation, or the latest photo that is being analyzed.

That to me is the problem essentially, you (indigos) claim to have greater understandings or consciousness' ~ yet with this you still can't argue logically, you seemingly refuse to attempt... this gives the impression of it being falsehood.

Wow, this is hard to explain I guess, to have the words flow right. Its not about a "guru" having jewels of wisdom for the masses, which is the way you took my word I take it. No, having right-brained oriented threads, about subjective expereinces and sharing wisdom "the collective and subjective wisdom all humans possess, and rarely come out with, but the jewels stand out when they are shared, the wild, wacky and wonderful moments that sharing, and drawing others equally forth to participate on, you know that kind of wisdom?" is the most wonderful thing many look for online. And those jewels only happen when many people can sit down and talk about their feelings and ideas, and subjective insights. Its the kind of wisdom I find when a group of women, friends and acquaintances, sit down and talk about things for a while, getting into all kinds of metaphysical discussions. At least all my hippy friends did. Grass roots wisdom found in everyone who has the freedom to discuss these things, best done in non-critical atmospheres, as this tends to inhibit people.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Well said , and very much so too

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Well I am quite different. I like a critical environment. If everyone agrees on a subject, then there is not going to be any new discussion in it. If everyone agreed with me, I'd find another place to post.

Confrontation brings understanding. Can't learn about temperatures by surrounding yourself with people who are all the same temperature. You have to feel multiple temperatures before you can understand what temperature is.

The true measure of knowledge isn't what you know, it's the questions you ask. Because the question you ask are based not only on what you know, but also the foresight to look beyond it. Being in a critical environment where things are constantly questioned is great IMO.

Personally, I think the need to be around others in an environment that is non-critical is just requiring the acceptance of others.

Of course, name calling and such is not very productive either. But I wouldn't call that a critical environment.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Is this directed at me? If so that isn't even my statement that you quoted.

No it wasn't directed at you,,

[edit on 123030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Peace and Enlightment to all Positive and negative beings...........

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
reply to post by spinalremain

I understand what you are trying to say, however please explain how you know that some of these people aren't telling the truth and that you can just not comprehend it?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by dsm1664]

An extremely wise man once said. "If two men say they are Jesus, one of them must be wrong." I approach the "I am an alien" imposters with the same attitude. While I may not be able to prove you are not an alien. You certainly cannot prove that you are one.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
By the way i believe aliens have no thoughts and feelings like humans

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

That's like saying animals don't suffer in the slaughterhouses. WHAT?

How can you know for sure that there are life forms out there have no intelligence or nerve systems? Or even emotions....

As for aliens living among us. Eh, maybe. Ever seen the film They Live?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Enough said.

Internet gather all human fantasies madness and foolishness. And there is nothing to do about that because these people (a lot) know they are anon so they can show their true sick nature.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hmm, I hear ya. But you need to keep the jokers out of the idiots. (me=joker)
Anyhoo's the thing is that ATS is filled with well...filth. Claims like grey's and reptillians and filth attracts more filth. easy as that.

Look at it like this, the claim that someone says he/she is alien is not unlike claims of abductees, claims of encounters and so on. All those claims have, in most cases, zero proof excepts for the word of that person. Why does one feel to believe abducteeclaims quicker then the claim that one is an alien. (Saying that reminds me of the crap scientology claims by the way)

Anyhoo's; you can't handle the subject aliens without expecting a lot of garbage. Generally speaking what a real profession alien investigation site would look like was more like this. multiple footage of at least avarage and poor recordings of the same ufo(s) by multiple different people, discussed and anelized on factual knowledge only and crossreferenced with earlier material that was anelized in the same way as well. That however, is not possible, this is the real world and people tend to dwindle or create make-believe.

In fact, as many here know, many turn it even in money. Remember the so-called claims of a UFO landing half a year ago, or right at this mmoment the 'disclosier wave'? Somewhere someone is making big bucks out of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This whole 'indigo-I'm an alien soul' fad that's taken over the board lately reminds of a really lame version of "Attack Of The Body Snatchers".

Join Us.... Join Us... Join Us...

Kind of a really sad state of affairs actually. I don't feel sorry for them... I feel sorry for the crap some of them must be pumping into their children's brains....

"Son... I'm really an alien... which means you and your sister are too". Just what the world needs.... more deluded indigo kids!

You know what they say about the apple not falling far from the tree... So much for the future generation huh!

IRM

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
One species out of 26 million...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

See, here lies my problem ~ I presented a list of questions, I didn't mean to make them condescending or anything like that, just points of interest I had and you've ignored most of them and only chosen to answer one bery vaguely. Not once did I mention guru's, nor is that what I seek, what I do seek are genuine and honest answers that don't avoid or deliberately twist the questions.

I don't mean to be harsh, but have you ever watched a political debate?

[edit on 19/6/0909 by jokei]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
All I can do is shake my head back and forth.

It is okay to disbelieve but to make a thread like this to me and hinting at threads about Aliens /humans as being in some way a joke (so to say) may just come back and bite you one day.

I look forward to that day.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join