It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Militray test New Robotic Snake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
just found this...

sry if already posted

i donno what to think...it is actually cool as a device but cannot see its reliability on a battlefield.
I would like to hear your opinion if this rocks or just sucks

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In a field such as weapons design, where phallic imagery seems to abound, this has totally outdone the competition.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
as long as everyone on your side knows it's not a real snake, some folks would shoot it if they thought it was a snake. I would bet it is not cheap. Cool idea though. I am all for anything that keeps a soldier from being put into a bad spot. You can buy another remote control snake.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
as long as everyone on your side knows it's not a real snake, some folks would shoot it if they thought it was a snake. I would bet it is not cheap. Cool idea though. I am all for anything that keeps a soldier from being put into a bad spot. You can buy another remote control snake.

interesting perspective man....spying a battlefield is a great advantage..

a question though now came through my mind..y was all this made public?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

that is a good question. it should be a secret project unless it is already scrapped. I remember seeing the Bradly tank with invisibility on Future Weapons. It used tiny led's to project the image behind it on the front so it would look "CLOAKED". I thought that was a bit more than should be shown to the public. but what do I know. maybe it's like the SR71 and the F117. they used them for years and let us know about them just before retirement. makes you wonder what is the new secret.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
That is a great creation by the Israeli Military. This allows stealth without having to jeopardize there superior soldiers lives. The snake is actually relatively cheap to make the more times it is constructed. The proto-types are always expensive at first. An example is the Home Computer.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Like a previous poster said, if one didn't know it was a camera, they may shoot it, assuming it's a snake. However, I do think that is also a good thing - if one thinks it is a snake, then that means the enemy may as well. Good find.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I think its amazing how it moves.Powered by several mini-motors as i recall hearing.And can also fit in spots a soldier couldnt fit into.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i still think though it can easily get stucked...what do you think about a flying bug?

top topics

join