It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military targets Web as protests go on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Military targets Web as protests go on

edition.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- As protesters planned to demonstrate for a fifth day against last week's disputed presidential election, Iran's Revolutionary Guard corps said Wednesday it will pursue legal action against Web sites that it said were inciting people to riot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If you read the article is states that action is going to be taken against the people responsible for the incitement and have blocked access Twitter and Facebook.

The current affairs in Iran have been dominating the MSM news and it has been openly stated on news networks that social networking sites have been instrumental in the communication of information concerning the recent election results in Iran.

However I think that it is quite obvious that it is also being used against the protesters and now against anyone said to be found guilty of inciting unrest.

How many people have used these websites and left enough information for them to be targeted? Its a concerning thought that posting your comments on a website can and will be used as grounds to punish you.

I have not personally seen any evidence of this in the west but I am sure that is has been and is continuing to happen.

If this is a vision of things to come then I hope ts for the right reasons.

The war in the media, cyberspace and for our hearts and minds is happening right now.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join