It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detoxification, Amazing Results

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I don't believe in AA either, it still teaches that addiction is real... and in the end Biological addiction is, but most things Just aren't that serious a withdrawal beyond the psychological traps...

Heroin

Heroin will have you foaming at the mouth and wanting to die, you need to be restrained in many cases

Many pills opiate derivatives are pretty bad too

But even Meth and Coke require nothing, SLEEP, your going to need a place to sleep for a week, I can't even say there would be withdrawals because the withdraws involve sleeping your kiester off.... it's not a suffering so to speak beyond the first night until you pass out finally a day or so later

AA really might or might not have a degree of success, but your right it really does feed into the MENTAL illness

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hello,

That is a great story. I really respect your dedication and want to thank you for your contribution by informing us all.

I am very keen to look at a few points in closer detail and adopt them myself as I am trying to really improve my diet.

I am unfamiliar with Odwalla and the Revistarol thing that you said you have in the morning. It appears that Odwalla is a US company and I have never seen their products here in the UK.

Is there anything that you can recommend that I should substitute this with? Would any smoothie do?
Also, where can I find the Revistarol thing?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Similar to the OP, I have found similar results by exercise and a strict diet. I had cancer two years ago, and was also overweight, having problems with heart palpitations, etc. My doctor basically told me to shape up or I was going to ship out. After taking care of my cancer, I joined a gym and started eating much better. A typical day previously was something like this: skip breakfast (or if I did eat it was a mcmuffin or something quick), eat out for lunch, frozen pizza or something equally as bad for dinner. I never exercised and would literally get extremely sore from having sex with my girlfriend (now wife). A day now is as follows: get up at 4:45 am and go to the gym. Two days a week I do cardio, either running or elliptical, and the others I do some sort of group weightlifting class (my favorite is a class called body pump). I always eat something like shredded wheat and OJ for breakfast, drink tons of water (at least 100 oz a day), fresh chicken and steamed vegetables for lunch, a handful or two of unsalted almonds and a can of low sodium v8 for a snack, some sort of fruit such as an apple or banana during the day, and for dinner it is usually a sandwich of some sort with a glass of milk. We have started our own garden the past two years, and have had amazing results. We actually had our first tomato sandwiches the other day from this year's tomatoes. I've dropped over 30 lbs since joining the gym, and at 6'4" I weigh 205 as of this morning. Like the OP, my sex drive is through the roof, which is a good thing because my wife's has increased also as we've both gotten in shape. In short, life has done nothing but improve since we decided to turn things around. We've also got rid of cable and any negative influences in our lives (I used to listen to a lot of rap music, but one day during this process just deleted every bit of it off my computer). Things have really turned around, and when I look at pictures of myself from 2-3 years ago I can't imagine ever being like that again.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'd like to take a moment here... to say thanks for the incredible support I have received on this thread... uplifting.

There is so much in the threads about gloom and doom

so little as to what we can do...

Take the economy for example, trust me... this IS part of my personal plan to deal with the economy, if times are tough, then learning how live with less becomes important

Food is on the rise people are Hungry...

so why consume any more than you have to, you WILL Live longer, you will feel better, you will Think better

If I can make this shift... anyone can

The time to start is NOW before things get worse, become a minimalist

so many people have asked me for a diet and I have things i do and believe, but it shows... How deeply conditioned we are to consumed, even those looking to be healthy believe there is something you need to GET in order to do what I am talking about

GLORIOUSLY, there is NOTHING!!!!!!!!

AIR... BREATHE

SWEAT

EAT LESS

WALK

Go outdoors instead of to the movies...

Grow some food even if all you have is a window ledge the plants eat toxins...

NO sauna... sleep with blankets

Everything they try to do to us... involves taking some pill or shot, loosing jobs...we never liked in the first place...

work from home

I'll help... anyone, anyway I possibly can, make less money but be RICHER in life in health

it's easy

it's a NOT doing not a doing

Don't worry...

most of all

give em hell... show them all the west isn't all about consumption and materialism...

This whole thing can be easy... it's about letting go, not being in a state of NEED, letting your body adapt to being without so much stimulus...

Looking inside not outside

and it's easy...

I feel like an idiot... not to have seen how easy it really is my whole life...

people ask HOW

stop caring what people think

stop defining yourselves by...things

worry about how you feel... first and foremost above all else... you wont want that extra piece of pie...

and the best part is... by not wanting it... it sits there... you get that extra piece of the pie any time or you can give it away... help others...

people keep screaming

"what will we do"

lol nothing, you got water right, the next 30 days will be just fine lol

your not going to die without excess consumption, it doesn't matter it never did... it's filling a void of the real, it was useless.... better off without IT

whatever IT is... IT controls you and I and they use IT against us anyway

How

________ IT

seriously, to hell with IT

and thanks....

seriously, thank you all so much for your support

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

The way I see it, the most important aspect of the changes you made in your life was the decision to do it. I don't think that can be over-emphasized.

If a person's body has gone toxic (and who can really avoid it?) then sauna, exercise, proper nutrition are very important. The toxins have to be removed or they will continue to make you feel sick.

And that mechanism alone should make it clear why a drug approach to "health" will not work.

The regimen I am familiar with uses extra oil in the diet to replace contaminated fatty tissue. It also uses extra vitamins and niacin to assist the process. But some may be able to detox without using those extras.

The exact foods chosen, the exercise methods, the exact relaxation methods are not as critical as making the decision and somehow getting detoxified and staying that way.

After that, you have put the most serious physical phenomena behind you and you only have to deal with mental attitude.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
amazing, you are an inspiration

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i stopped by the grocery store and found odwalla, they only sell it in 16oz bottles, but i bought one and drank it and it was pretty good.

i also did just 1 cup of coffee today, and 1 can of soda and the rest was water and green tea. Since i cant afford all organic im thinking of mixing things up. Maybe a few organic products a week and maybe ill drink the odwalla 2 or 3 times a week, im sure just small improvements like that will be a help.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

That's very interesting, oils to replace fatty tissues

I had switched to olive oil awhile back

any links you can provide for more information?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

Did you buy the Super food... not sure if I was specific...

lol it looks terrible GREEN JUICE!!! But tastes surprisingly good...

I'll use one of those 16 oz bottles for about 2 days glass and 1/2 maybe for a light meal

and take a cup full now and again for an energy boost

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I saw this in a British newspaper today

STEPHEN FRY: How I lost six stones in just six months

'I knew something had to be done. I'm 6ft 5in tall, but 21st is too heavy. For the first month, I did without bread, potatoes and sugar, and the weight rolled off.

'Since then, I've stopped eating other types of food, such as red meat. I've continued to lose weight and feel much better for it.

'And I never thought I would say this, but I genuinely enjoy going to the gym. I spent years mocking them, but now I'm one of the converts.

If you don't know who Stephen Fry is you can read more on Wikipedia

Stephen Fry

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

It didn't honestly take a great deal of brains from the point where I was 100% convinced that just about anything I was told by anyone in power was a lie designed to make a profit at the expense of my life... to make those changes.

I mean... some of the crunk these guys come up with over my life time...

Margarine is better for you than Butter?

Breast Milk is worse than formula for a baby?

It's GOOD to mix Milk, Meat, Vegetables, Starch and pour Sugar on it and eat it all in one big meal right before bed?

I mean...

Really most of this was once I opened my eyes a job for Captain Obvious

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Awesome, I have gone through that a few times, but then a life crisis had me left with no choice for a few months, but getting back on track now...

thanks for the fresh boost of inspiration!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

im not sure cause it came in a few diff colors, the bottle i got was had like a reddish juice in there, it was good. I go shopping again tomorrow and ill look for the green im pretty sure they had it.

They also sold the odwalla snack bars, have you ever had those? and if so are they good for you as well?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
OK well they do not sell Odwalla in the UK so I have started on the Innocent Smoothies Superfruit (thank you Tesco for putting them on offer 2L for £4 that is the only time I will thank you Tesco).

Here is a page to the Innocent Smoothies that I am going to be buying from now if anyone is interested - Innocent Superfruit Smoothies

For breakfast I am going to be trying the following for a few weeks and see how I feel:

***250g Natural Yogurt with one piece of chopped up fruit mixed in (apple or banana)
***Half a pint of Innocent Superfruit Smoothie.

I have been doing this for three days so far and thought that I would be really hungry by like 11am and I could feel pangs of hunger but no worse than when I would have say two croissants and margarine for breakfast.

The above breakfast can also be a substitute snack but I am currently having bags of mixed fruit and nuts (cashews and flame raisens for example).

I just need to sort out dinner and lunch now

edit:typo

[edit on 21-6-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
breakfast- oatmeal with a cup of odwalla drink

snack- yogurt

lunch- tuna or salmon salad

snack- cottage cheese

dinner- this is where im stumped and it usually ends up being fast food or a frozen dinner.

snack: apple or orange, fiber one bar

some point throughout the day ill also make a drink of mixed powdered greens.

If anyone had any suggestions for a decent dinner that's easy b/c i don't cook that would be great. thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I can relate to the OP. Im over 30, i drink beer just about every day, besides fish it is never any healthy stuff that i shove down my throat either. I almost never eat fruit, same with vegetables. I dont work out, or any activities at all, i smoke and my face look like Clint Eastwoods used as a rubics cube by Bud Spencer.

After reading this, maybe i finally can get the inspiration to fix myself(instead of hoping Coldplay will).

Thanks for sharing Your experiences

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i really wanna try this, your story is very motivating. All the benefits you have experienced are what i need, since i am a the very description you gave of yourself before changing your life and making better healthier decisions.

i just don't think i have the will power, it would be so hard for me to eat the same kind of food alllll the time, i love variety.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What an amazing account! I am definitely inspired. Now I want to push for a healthier life and I hope someday I can achieve similar results.

Glad you got so much better, kudos to you!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Good post. Your story is very inspirational. Where would I look if I wanted to get started in Pranayama? I mean, I could google, but if something worked for someone, do you have any specific links where I could begin?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I really like this post. It's difficult to throw out all of the junk and live healthily. I love to hear how other people are doing it. I'm convinced TV can make a person sick. Including too much computer time.

I'm trying so hard to clean up my diet, and get a grip on the stress.

My mom had a double bypass and I *know* I have to do something. Putting it to task is the hard thing. You are SO right when you say it's a psychological thing. It really is.

I believe the crap in fast food almost killed my mom, as this is what she lived on the past 2 decades. That and diet coke.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join