It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detoxification, Amazing Results

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Very inspirational post! I am suffering from many health ailments and have been trying to live a "cleaner" life, but it is tough in our modern society where everything is so processed and filled with chemicals.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Hi again. I'm going to reassert my comments. Just because something is on a link doesn't make it correct.

"To go to a higher power is weak", is entirely a subjective viewpoint. For you, it obviously is. To others, it could make all the difference in the world.
Alcoholism can be deadly. Whatever works for an individual, works.

I saw someone on the thread who seemed to be under the impression that alcohol was somehow keeping his b/p down, and I know that to be a very dangerous mistake, so I wanted to direct him for help, before a stroke or worse happens. A telephone conversation with them, could clear up many questions he might have.

If AA doesn't appeal to him, or anyone, that's fine. Of course there are multiple resources available besides that. Doesn't matter to me, certainly. Just wanted to bring attention to the fact that he needs to talk to someone.

Not here to debate the merits or lack of, of AA. I'm certainly not their PR person or anything of that nature. lol. I just happen to know many people it's helped, and it's free. Some of those clinics can be very costly.

But by no means is AA the only answer.

I hope I'm not being disrespectful to you. I sure don't mean to be.
We just apparently have different points of view, and that's okay with me.

All is well here..........I hope for you too.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
Pumpkin, linseed and sunflower seeds will clear up complextion, Lemon and Cucumber applied directly daily also helps. I'm on a crash diet at the mo and mixing it with heavy weight training. Never felt better

Can you explain HOW those Seeds will help clear up complextion? Also, what type would you suggest>>>Shelled, unsalted,..ect..?

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Hi again. I'm going to reassert my comments. Just because something is on a link doesn't make it correct.

The figures were from AA so they're very correct

I saw someone on the thread who seemed to be under the impression that alcohol was somehow keeping his b/p down, and I know that to be a very dangerous mistake, so I wanted to direct him for help, before a stroke or worse happens. A telephone conversation with them, could clear up many questions he might have.

How strange, my father doctor recommended a moderate alcohol intake for high blood pressure. It seems a moderate intake can help by dilating arteries and making them more flexible. You made a blanket statement about alcohol, maybe you should have clarified it by saying alcohol abuse instead.

If AA doesn't appeal to him, or anyone, that's fine. Of course there are multiple resources available besides that. Doesn't matter to me, certainly. Just wanted to bring attention to the fact that he needs to talk to someone.

And that is what U2U is for. Bit of a personal thing to suggest publicly maybe? I dunno maybe that's just me being to polite.

Not here to debate the merits or lack of, of AA. I'm certainly not their PR person or anything of that nature. lol. I just happen to know many people it's helped, and it's free. Some of those clinics can be very costly.

There are tons of free support groups that don't indulge in the rather flawed 12 steps program. 5% is the upper limit of people who stick with it compared to normal support groups which have reached similar, or sometimes large percentages of people.

I hope I'm not being disrespectful to you. I sure don't mean to be.
We just apparently have different points of view, and that's okay with me.

All is well here..........I hope for you too.

Well by trying to brush off the figures given out by AA themselves you are being rather silly. I don't believe everything in a link but i do believe their own figures. Not sure why you'd just brush those off and say they aren't correct.

I should say again that maybe we should take this to U2U as it seems off topic. I won't reply again here so you can get me there.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Any tips with hayfever? I get it so bad i get black eyes and orange goo on them every day. i have to stay in all night with an ice pack on my face. NO JOKE! its that bad. Im not unhealthy/ 25, male, not a great diet but no pop or chocolate etc. fairly healthy. It's driving me mad. Or are allergies a different story when it comes to all this? harder to cure than diseases n viruses etc?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Detox helps your body like this site helps your productivity. It does nothing and can actually have a negative effect.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Congrats for all that you have accomplished. Would it be possible for you to post some before and after pics so we could see how much of a physical difference your detox has made. Sometimes photos will show the night and day effect of a unhealthy vs health conscious lifestyle.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Oh, for crying out loud, it's not an AA site, it's an anti-AA site. I won't address this issue with again, here or by u2u, so your argument is officially with yourself. I stand by my comments.

Have a good day, sir. Bye now.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Heya az scott

you know, that was some great info... parasites i haven't gone on a mission for as of yet, keep meaning to get around to it and have not..

I will do some research on your information.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Nothing black ever came out of me from the Dry sauna...

But i'll tell you, the first time it took me about 15 minutes to actually sweat at all... which is insane, the organ was near death, not working, my skin

This is the true cause of skin cancer if you ask me... perspiration and toxins not getting out, a Chiropractor buddy of mine believes deodorant is the cause of breast cancer because the poison backs up into the Breast tissue

Regardless, when I did break a sweat it was GREASY, no idea what on earth it was but the first couple of times it was like vegetable oil it was Weird to say the least

Now I break a sweat in no more than 60 seconds, that's healthy.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I don't actually think some strength training on a fast is so bad... you have allot of stores in you of what you need...

BODY BUILDERS and the things they do tend to dominate thinking on the subject, you will get stronger, just not much Bigger...

Tendons will strengthen, the cells ability to perform under different conditions will improve, and bone will still become denser just get a few minutes in the sun, take a calcium pill every day...

we don't all wish to "Pump You up" lol... some exercise never hurts...

although I wouldn't recommend any kind of body builder technique

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Your probably physically addicted

and that's not actually a big deal if you spare your liver now...

Physical withdrawals from alcohol can take a week or so, amybe another couple you may be a bit depresso...

But it's no worse than a Flu

You just have to take a week or two off work...

The hard part is letting the ism die

you need to cycle through several generations of cells... depending on your genetics a year or so I find is enough where, in terms of physical cravings you can have a couple drinks and not relapse... BIOLOGICALLY

the rest is purely Psychological

For that... you have to hate alcoholism, truely NEVER want to be a binger again

That's a moment for some people like me... a simple moment (can take years to suffer enough to have that moment) but if you truely are there.... you can end the psychological aspect in a moment... the rest is easy

I find self hypnosis worked best for me... a belief system, a new way of looking at things

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by galloways

People keep asking for the "Diet" I have no diet...

I just reduced everything dramatically... and eliminated a few things to the 99%

I'll try and give the full list of what I DON'T Eat

Pork

Soda

Things friend in Most OIL's ( I use Olive)

Margarine

White Sugar

Drastic reduction in carbs

Drastic reduction in Red Meat

Microwaved foods...

Foods packaged in plastics

processed foods, i.e velvetta cheese and similar GUNK

anything with MSG

artificial sweeteners

artificial flavors

artificial colors (very hard)

I limit canned foods for fresh

virtually no frozen foods

No fast food

okay... that leaves a whole lot... rofl

but it does lol

Chicken Fish, fresh veggies I try to buy organic, better grade Meat... and even so I'll hop a steak ONCE in a week or three... honey for sweats, dark chocolates... fruits, occasional tater... Yam is fine...

and organic pestacide free...

I just at allot less... to afford it

at first I was hungry, but now, never... my stomach shrank, it doesn't want big portions...

ALSO

I try to eat with Chop Sticks...

I'm a white guy from Brooklyn originally...

But

As Pai Mei instructs... "EAT with chopsticks like a human not an animal"

Your at much slower, digest allot better...

and you know you should listen to Pai Mei... he'll pluck your eye out

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Good Morning. I just wanted to toss this out here, then I think i will retreat, but here ya are: I have tried various herbs and such and honestly never noticed a change in anything. Like, these don't do anything to me. EXCEPT ONE: Milkthistle. You can tell the difference the next day after you take a couple. It claims to cleanse the liver. And, in fact, it does. (I read a biography a while back on Ben Franklin, and he took them everyday of his life.)

They did tests in VA hospitals with people who were developing liver disease, and in some cases it was reversed. Studies do say, if I may post a warning, that if you already have liver disease, it can be aggravating to this. So you would want to talk to your physician.

All the little "detox teas" you buy? The active ingredient is milkthistle, and you would have to drink several boxes of it to get the milkthistle contained in one capsule. This is the thorny little plant with the purple flowers that grows on the side of the highway. Google it, if interested.

You can go to a health food store and buy this for 40.00, or you can go to K-mart and buy it for 8.00. Same thing, I have found.

Liver disease often develops when we get "fatty" substances built up in the liver from alcohol, especially, or other medications and food substances. The milkthistle literally pushes it out, and it is eliminated from the body through natural processes.

This is something that you can take and not have to "wonder" is it helping.
You can either "feel" the difference, like me, or some people can actually "see" the difference.

I think anybody who smokes, drinks, or takes medications should take it every day.

Just a thought.

Can you or Anybody explain how you can tell its working when you begin taking the Milkthistle? How can you tell the difference by the next day, what symptoms do you feel?

I suspect something is up with my liver because Ive taken 2 urine test in the past couple of months & they came back with Protein in the urine. Ive always been thin (however, Ive noticed increased weight in the mid-section)

So in the past when Ive ask a doctor if I could possibly have diebeties because it runs in my family. THey always told me "No" because I wasnt overweight or after doing some other test.

Ive already changed my diet completely by starting theWAI's DIET, which consist of all Fruits, raw Nuts (to Stabilize blood sugar levels b/c of Natural Fats) Alternating between organic raw Egg & raw Fish (Sashumi) & a Salad that consist of Cucumber,Tomato, Avocado, & Chives & LOTS of OLIVE Oil.

I know its helping because I have ALOT of energy & am able to get more done around the house, where usually Im only able to get a few things done. Ive also always had consitpation problems (since I was young) & Now I go to the bathroom Everyday....which is a Big deal for me..lol.

Im surprised I actually like Sashumi because usually in the past I HATED Sushi...but it really is Satisfying....& those who want their protein this Diet give you those Adjustments depending on your weight. I only need 2oz.

So far this feels like the *Perfect* detox because I only stick to those main foods.,,,,,,,NO Vegtables, NO Cooked Foods, NO diary....NONE of that!! (which makes this diet so much easier to FOCUS on)

The only issue I have is when I have to leave the House for a long period of time. I need to bring those main items with me or I start craving what other people around me are eating.

Anywho, if anybodys interested thats basically it.

If anyone knows anything I could add to help with naturally detox, Im all Ears.
Thanx!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Inspiration1911]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Once a year, I go on a completely raw diet for about a month. Now, I wish I could live like this all the time, mind you, but I still love me some soup, rice and beans, chicken, and fish.

In the month you go raw, it is hard to schedule your life. We are so used to cooked foods! But after a week or so, it becomes seemless.

It is extremely good for you, and I equate it to long experimenting with fasting. The amount you go to the bathroom become so regular, you're like a clock. If you're on acid reflux meds, I guarantee you won't need them for over a month after you go back to your regular diet.

I think this says a lot about the way our bodies WANT us to eat. Indulgences wouldn't be indulgences if we acted like they weren't an option.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Inspiration1911

Hi Inspiration. Protein in the urine (proteinuria) is more indicative of a kidney problem, than one of the liver. You might want to google it.
It may or may not be indicative of kidney damage. If your doctor just said it was there, and didn't make any recommendations or suggest it's a problem, then it may not be. I've known people whose urinalysis results have shown this for decades, and they've had no problems.

Now about the milkthistle. With me, I can start feeling a "fullness" around my liver, and sometimes it feels like a little pin is sticking me there. Take milkthistle, boom, next morning, gone.

Now....I've mentioned fatty substances which accumulate in the liver, along with other toxins.
I know people who can then see that same fatty substance...uh, later, in the toilet. Swoosh. gone.

Oh, one more thing I thought I would mention. A side effect for some people, of milkthistle, is that it can make you go to the bathroom more often. So if you've had constipation problems, this side effect may work to your benefit!

But, ya know, everybody is different.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i did terrible today, didn't cut down on my diet soda or coffee at all. If i can get down to 1 can of diet soda a day and 1 cup of coffee and replace the rest with water and green tea this would be a great help to me, im going to try to start again tomorrow~!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind about exercising. When you exercise, you have a specific goal in mind, correct?

Same goes for bodybuilders. Their workouts consist of exercises designed to to maximize hypertrophy, or muscle growth. These guys get strong but it's a side effect.

Keep in mind that there are generally three types of resistance training.

-Aerobic: Light weight, lots of reps(12-20)

-Hypertrophy: Moderate-Heavy weight, multiple reps(6-12)

-Strength: Very Heavy weight, few reps(1-5)

This is the typical school of thought regarding weight lifting.

-Dev

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
congrats! S&F for you! i keep saying that we westerners are too spoiled and overfed like pigs preparing for slaughter! go to any restaurant and you will get a huge meal for very cheap... calories meant to feed a family into one man's meal. disgusting! most of us don't need more than 1500-2000 calories per day if we only drive to work and take a short evening walk! only soldiers, athletes and pregnant women should have more than that.

i mostly agree on reducing TV time, computer time & medical/chemical substances too. i'm lucky to have started living healthy almost a decade ago and even though i still have lots to improve, i feel i'm alive every day. water, orange juice and sometimes tomato juice are the only liquids i'm drinking and my meals are only as big as a small plate with lots of veggies and very little meat for proteins. my doctor's visits are usually the yearly follow-up physical exam which confirm again and again i'm doing very well.

again congrats! i hope more of us will stop the poison intake and realize that life can be so much better when you respect your body.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I don't know for sure... so won't argue BUT still... Bison IS the only red meat approved by the Heart Association...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join