It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

timewave zero / 2012 : the falacy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
ok - as " time wave zero " seems to be the latest ` big stir ` in the 2012 cult - it is prudent to have a closer look at just how 2012 and TWZ became intertwined

the answer ?

its a arbitrary " correlation " decided on a whim by the creators of the ` program ` -

read the creators own admission here

the time wave is zero at only one point , when x=0 . for x> 0 the value of the wave is positive , the zero point is the point in time CHOSEN to correspond to the value zero for x , the usual point used is 6 am on December 21st 2012 ( known as the zero date ) thus the time wave has a positive value for all points prior to the zero date , is zero only at the zero point and is undefined after the zero point

rather than being the ` end point ` 2012 is actually the START of the TWZ process

so its utter dishonesty to set a capricious start date - for a sequence that infact works back wards

then turn around and claim that it actually " runs " forwards - and that there is some significance to the 2012 ` end point `

the math of TWZ is actually quite revealing once you peer past the hype –

the simple summary is that you start with a series of numbers – and run them through a repetitive equation

that’s it – all there is to it

the resultant graph looks pretty and has recurring patterns – but they mean nothing , because its simply a recursive sequence – its INTENDED TO BE THAT WAY – USING THE SAME NUMBERS AND SAME EQUATRION – YOU CANNOT GET ANYTHING ELSE

even the ` starting data ` is arbitrary – you could use ANY set of numbers – and you would get a similar graph – from the same equations and yes it would have recurring patterns too and if you set the y axis of the graph to an arbitrary calendar – it produces ` resonances ` if you cherry pick events

and all ` correlations ` of events are simply forced fit patter finding – any even that ` matches ` a date is used – however vague or tenuous the ` connection `

and anything that doesn’t match is ignored

the entire ` science ` of it is UTTER TWADDLE – they started off with a conclusion , and manufactured the data to ` prove ` the claim true .

and now there is thread after thread on ATS

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
While I'm open to time having a fractal structure and to the concept of "the ages of man", I do tend to agree with you that the timewave is just a simplistic overlay of a fractal pattern on human history, with a "force fit" mentality underlining the whole process. If indeed it is calculated backwards from the arbitrary start point then yes, "utter twaddle" would sum it up.

2012 is just fear based manipulation. Whatever happens on that date imo will be the manipulation of fear by economic forces in their own interest, which is par for the course in human history.

All prophecy is dangerous, because there will always be those that fit it, or even fabricate it so it fits, into their own agendas. And prophecy is really unnecessary to human endeavours, we don't need to know the future but to learn from the past, which is a concept sadly above the heads of most of the human population, much to the fault of those that study the past to manipulate the future, who cut off humanity from their real history.

My 5c, good points by the OP.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Just wait until Evasius gets here...

He will set you straight

*I think he knows more about the timewave program than anyone else on ATS.

It is based on the King Wen sequence of the i-ching - From China.

Edit: Who cares what McKenna's timewave or the ancient Chinese say...

We all know who is coming back on 2012:

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Well, that settles it then. If Jesus is coming back in 2012 I guess I don't have to worry about anything!

Guess we can shut this thread now, we know what's going to happen, no sense in wasting time debating around the issue.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
S&F for you.
Its odd, I had the same exact idea as OP a few days ago. Anyway its pointless spending time to argue about it as everyone is firmly fixated in their own ideas anyway, its never possible to totally walk in another's shoes.

Lets see the chaos begin when nothing happens in 2012 and the crazies' wall of consensual delusion start to break down...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme

Lets see the chaos begin when nothing happens in 2012 and the crazies' wall of consensual delusion start to break down...

They'll do as they did after 1999/2000 and 2003 etc and just move on to another date - and the sheeple will fall hook line and sinker once again. (Though sheeple is a bit of an unfair name because I believe sheep have longer memories and even on occasion learn from their mistakes .....
)

Of course, I may be wrong. It's possible Jesus did return to Earth on 1st January 2000 only to unfortunately perish along with billions of others in May 2003 when Nibiru passed close by causing a crustal displacement ...... and maybe I just forgot? My memory's just not up to that of a sheep these days

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I will look forward to Evasius commenting in your thread!!

I have complete Respect for Evasius!! The amount of work and studying he has done on the time wave zero project is mind boggling!!

If you look closely at the past with the present and future - there is a time wave. There is something to it, just as there is something to the webbot information.

I think the time wave zero information is completely intriquing.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Someone get out the "Evasius Signal". *shakes fist* your gonna get it now.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Someone get out the "Evasius Signal". *shakes fist* your gonna get it now.

Aye, hoaxers don't like it when they're found out

I guess this timewave rubbish would have more validity if it went back 4,600,000,000 or so years - after all, in terms if history, human existance is not even a gnat on an elsphant's back.

Not that that troubles the religious or wannabe religious preachers. And lets face it, timewave is just another 'new age' wannabe religion with only a very few years to live - note: when starting an apocalyse religion, set the date just beyond your likely lifespan, than you can reap the benefits without getting the angry pitchfork waving mob coming after you when the apocaplyse (or ascension or whatever) fails to arrive

Oh well, maybe we can come back to this thread with our pitchforks in 2014?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Aye, hoaxers don't like it when they're found out

Excuse me,

Are you referring to fellow member Evasius as a Hoaxster?

That does seem to be what you are implying...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I made a statement along these lines in the timewave post. It was ignored as all the posts around it were replied to.

I didn't even go as deep as you. I just said, "Look if the creator of the graph puts the value as 0 at December 12, 2012, what's it supposed to look like?" It's only 0 there because they say it is. And just cause you have all these squiggly lines leading to an apparent singularity, doesn't automatically give it more credibility.

If in someone elses opinion, they think 12/12/2012 will be a normal day, then on their graph it's going to look much different. Really this is ridiculous if they are going to be so vague about what constitutes the value.

So I can draw a graph over the last century, and make it go to 0 everytime there is a war started. WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and now I can put another 0 point in a future date say 2020 and now say, "oh hey look, there it goes." This PROVES we are going to have a war in 2020!

I may not be using the same logic as you, and your argument may be stronger than mine, but really... like you I don't understand where the credibility comes from. Because only moments into the idea I already had this question and hangup, and so far nobody has answered it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

In addition to the arbitrary end date selected, I've wondered how this correlates to Earth.

Specifically, if the same math works anywhere in our universe (or even the Milky way), does that mean that all places in the Universe or our galaxy follow the graphs of Timewave Zero?

People try to map Earth events to the changes in the graphs, but what about planetary, solar systems, and galaxies?

delius

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

ok - first off " we do not all know who is coming back in 2012 " i am an atheist

do YOU " know " that jesus will return in 2012 - if so please explain how , and also attempt to resolve how this alledged knolwledge directly contradicts biblical teaching that ` none shall know the date or time `

second - why are you even here - threatening that ` evasius will set me straight ` do you not have any opinion of your own on the matter ??

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

reply to post by stereovoyaged

sigh , 2 more " waiting for evasius " to tell them what to think

dont either of you have the ability to think for yourselves ???????????

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

There is no need for snide remarks.

Due to his extensive research on the matter, we appreciate what Evasius has to say.

Perhaps you should read some of his threads on the matter - they are thorough and concise.

Also; A cursory search of our archives shows this thread to be redundant ... there are many like it, but you already knew that

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wait till Evasius sees this thread :p

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by questioningall

reply to post by stereovoyaged

dont either of you have the ability to think for yourselves ???????????

Hey settle down, it's not that we cant think for ourselves, it's because we know that Evasius is going to be all over this, it should be an interesting show. I think you're thinking enough for all of us anyway, afterall, you've already assumed we cant think for ourselves.

If I remember correctly, and I may be wrong, the reason that date was selected was partly because of the Mayan Calendar and also because when that date eas selected, the timewave fitted into place, in other words - it peaked where it should have peaked and dipped where it should have dipped almost perfectly.

Do you have any more nasty things to say about us or Evasius, oh englightened one ?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

You clearly dont fully understand the program, it's not about choosing where to put zero's, it's program designed to calculate and decipher the novelty theory, obviously it's much more complex than that but the algorithms do the plotting, the only zero was added as a reference date for the program was the mayan calendar end date. And Terence saw it fitting to use that date among other reasons as I stated previously.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
There has to be a variable. What is the variable and WHO DECIDES what the variable is going to be for the given day. If a man is looking at a calendar that says the world ends in 2020 and that's what he believes, then his graph will not hit it's "singularity" until then. And while I am very willing to listen to more explanations, what you are saying still makes it sound more and more like the 2012 was just decided on where to put the zero. You said it was "added" that may not be the best wording, but it goes more along with my concern than not.

This isn't about the 0's in my example. I was going to use 1's or 10's instead of 0's in my example because I thought somebody might use that example as a straw man and attack the use of 0's which have nothing to do with that point. But then I thought this is ATS they will see what I mean, and lo and behold... My example, you can use 1's 2's or 10's or whatever, it doesn't change the point.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

My thoughts on time wave zero are open it might be genuine, it might be a fluke.

So going back to your OP

you could use ANY set of numbers – and you would get a similar graph – from the same equations and yes it would have recurring patterns too and if you set the y axis of the graph to an arbitrary calendar – it produces ` resonances ` if you cherry pick events

1. Why don't you pick some random numbers, you could even get people on this thread to pick numbers for you.
2. Create the graph, there are Java versions of it, so it wouldn't be too difficult to change.
3. Pick an end date
4. Match the graph to events.

This way you will able to prove something.

To get you started I choose the number 31.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join