It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Techsnow

OK, what do animals do that humans don't?

Overall, I would say that animals are better behaved than humans.

Does this mean it is going to become more acceptable to crap in your neighbor's front yard?
I'd say that's a fact, dude

of course, this point is MUTE, becasue it has absolutly no bearing to the subject matter, at all.

Ok, so the human species only wants to copy the animal kingdom as far as their sexual practices are concerned. Elimination is off limits. Thanks for straightening me out there.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The human species isn't copying the animal kindom, we're a part of it!!

"you and me baby, ain't nothing but mamals.."

It's true. We are animals, only difference is we have evolved to be able to make stuff, and drive, and kill eachother with weapons, instead of our teeth. We're not so different to any breed of anything. We need to be getting over ourselves, or we'll never move on.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by darkraver

it is also not that "lot more" common as you see it to be

It rightly is a lot more common than the person I was replying to thinks. Much more common as he thinks it doesn't happen at all.

"if it was natural nature would surely provide a way for homosexual subjects to prolong their genes in it's gene pool..."

Nature has a perfect design for homosexual animals - some are by birth, some, are not.

Ta-Dah, nature wins.

end of story

How over used is that.
But they say cliches are here for a reason.
Yes, most closed individuals clap-clap the *end of story* line hoping all fairies of truth will disappear. Why, because they fear having to open their mind to truths that might not be their own, through truth they still be.

So keep your story closed.

I on the other hand choose to keep ‘the story open', with an equally open mind ready to examine new and exciting possibilities, to continue learning and treating others with tolerance - rather than clinging mightily to diatribe and ignorance that’s the breeder of hate.

But hey - that’s just me.

And if anyone thinks I used the word *fairies* in a derogatory way as a name for homosexuals - your reaction at the common phrase should go a far way to proving how - lets say - warped, you might be.

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
If you do claim that gay sex is ok because animals do it then you must also say that is ok to do everything else that animals do.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by asala]

And what would that be? Grooming? Feeding? Relaxing? Fighting? Killing?

Yep, check, check and check.

Furthermore, most animals (I wouldn't generalise too far and say ALL) only kill for food, or to protect themselves, or their herd, not for fun or impulse.

Whats 'good' for the goose, doesn't seem to be needed or wanted by the gander.

EMM

To add: Who was the higher species on this planet again?

Edit to add:

On the other side: In the animal kingdom we see a lot of strange behaviour, such as cannibalism (to name one random one). Just because a lioness eats her cubs doesn't mean it would be OK for a human mother to eat her baby...

Personally, I don't see a difference between eating meat, and eating the meat of a human, we give it a destinction, its nothing more IMo.

Although I do eat meat, but I choose not to eat human meat lol, just not my thang.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
That is the most ignorant thing Ive read on ATS. Homosexuality is not a choice, its obviously a natural thing.

If you have no proof of it being genetic than THAT is ignorant for you to be so fiercly adamant that it's genetic.

I'm tired of people saying homosexuality is genetic with no proof.

Do you know what genetic means, that's a scientific term.
Your using a scientific term with no science behind it.

It's like where did you get the idea that's it's genetic?
There's no proof, no evidence, no nothing!

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Originally posted by Techsnow
If you do claim that gay sex is ok because animals do it then you must also say that is ok to do everything else that animals do.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by asala]

And what would that be? Grooming? Feeding? Relaxing? Fighting? Killing?

Yep, check, check and check.

Dogs also spend alot of time licking their own a$$es!
Is that also natural?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This isn't meaningful, it just shows that God created animals wrong, that's all. God makes mistakes ya know, and love between same sex is one of them. I worship a God of hate and mistake-making, just like the Bible tells me to.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaspode
It's amazing how people (homophobes) will grab each and every opportunity to bash homosexuals or to push their opinion down other people's throats...

If you don't agree with Israel's policies than you are an anti-semite

If you don't believe, due to lack of proof, that homosexuality is genetic than you are a homophobic.

Isn't life great?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Is that also natural?

Actually, yes, it probably is, lol.

People seem to be mixing up 'natural' with a sort of 'moral social concencus'. WE, that is, the human population of Earth (mostly), have a sort of 'ettiquette' which we abide by.

For the most part, we don't lick our own a$$'s, we don't eat our young or our faeces, BUT! This is a choice by us! it is what we have constructed for our selves over the years, centuries, millenia! We could call it being 'civilised'.

Point is, being civilised isn't natural, it is a construct from which we base our behaviour. Not all people abide by it, but it certainly isn't part of nature.

(I'd like to clarify this, I would say the being civilised is a by product of nature, as in we created it and we are part of nature, but I wouldn't say it is inherent in most species but us.)

So when we say things are or aren't natural, we should remember that our perspective of natural is only relative to us.

Edit to add:

This isn't meaningful, it just shows that God created animals wrong, that's all. God makes mistakes ya know, and love between same sex is on of them.

Yup, he certainly does, he's on his umpteenth revision of the bible and he created us, the greatest blight this planet has ever seen.

Not a good record IMo.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I'm tired of people saying homosexuality is genetic with no proof.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by ModernAcademia]

Have you, or other people with similar opinions, even spent 30 minutes researching? This took me about 10 seconds to find, read. It has about as many scientific studies on the topic as I've seen anywhere.
en.wikipedia.org...

Please don't choose to be willfully ignorant. The studies are out there, just go out and read them.

Is that also natural?

Is that unnatural? Homosexuality is nothing special. I know some of you straight people like to think that it is some amazing, special gift, but it's about as exciting as watching you and your mate going at it. No one cares. Homosexuality isn't a big deal, yet some straight people like to think it is and declare it so. Why the fixation? That's what I don't get. I think it is a mental illness to be honest.

It reminds me of how for a long time, whites made illegal marriage between people of different races. Why do you care? Or how some old white racist would take offense if he knew a black man was having sex with a white women. They'd often get hung, even against the white woman's wishes. This wasn't too long ago and it reminds me of the middle east, the people we often look down at as being primitive, stupid, and ignorant.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Have you, or other people with similar opinions, even spent 30 minutes researching? This took me about 10 seconds to find, read. It has about as many scientific studies on the topic as I've seen anywhere.
en.wikipedia.org...

Please don't choose to be willfully ignorant. The studies are out there, just go out and read them.

Is that all you can do, spend 10seconds doing a google search and then calling others ignorant?

You found a wiki entry supporting your beliefs.
good for you

spend more than 10 seconds and you will find studies saying the exact opposite.

next time spend a little more than 10secs researching

have a nice day

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

My brother has a gay dog....honest to god...

...He even walks around kind of fruity, his tale is docked and it wiggles and wags back and forth.

OMG, that made me sit here and laugh so hard.

Gay behavior in animals should be of no surprise. I am unsure why anyone would be shocked by this report?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

[

Is that also natural?

err, yes? It's called hygene. (another thing that animals do that we do, quick, stop washing!!!
)

one line post, but really, it's all that was needed.

[edit on 17/6/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

yes? It's called hygene. (another thing that animals do that we do, quick, stop washing!!!
)

That's true, feces on your toungue is very hygienic
thanks for correcting me

Hey remember that kid that died from ice cubes?
There's was a softball game and someone brought ice, but the ice was gathered by someone who didn't wash his hands good enough after going to the men's room.

people who had that ice got very sick and one kid died.

have a nice day

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
en.wikipedia.org...

Is that all you can do, spend 10seconds doing a google search and then calling others ignorant?

You found a wiki entry supporting your beliefs.
good for you

spend more than 10 seconds and you will find studies saying the exact opposite.

next time spend a little more than 10secs researching

have a nice day

lol, after what I said, it looks like you still haven't even read the entry. The wiki entry isn't "supporting my beliefs". It shows studies going both ways on a genetic/prenatal influences.

No simple cause for sexual orientation has been conclusively demonstrated, and there is no scientific consensus as to whether the contributing factors are primarily biological or environmental

and

As a counter-example, Bearman and Bruckner (2002), analyzed data from a large longitudinal study of adolescents. They found the data did not support genetic influence:

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm demonstrating an ability to be objective, unlike so many out there that, like I said, have a very strange obsession with homosexuality. Even people that aren't against homosexuality can be obsessed with it. Look at the longtime speculation on Adam Lambert. Why do people care so much about one trait, they care more about homosexuality than homosexuals do.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

yes? It's called hygene. (another thing that animals do that we do, quick, stop washing!!!
)

That's true, feces on your toungue is very hygienic
thanks for correcting me

Hey remember that kid that died from ice cubes?
There's was a softball game and someone brought ice, but the ice was gathered by someone who didn't wash his hands good enough after going to the men's room.

people who had that ice got very sick and one kid died.

have a nice day
how else is an animal supposed to keep clean? Invent soap and flannels?

I honestly can't believe that you've used this in a debate on homosexuality in wild life.

You funny, funny person.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It may not be hygenic to us as we have paper for which to perform this task. When was the last time you saw a dog wipe it's backside with paper?

However, it is perfectly hygenic for a dog, as that is how it cleans it's arse.

Come on now.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
okay enough about the a$$ licking.

All i'm saying is that you guys are way too emotional on this topic.

Just because someone doesn't believe homosexuality is genetic does NOT mean that person hates gay people or is a homophobe.

Secondly, if anyone has any PROOF that homosexuality is genetic please post it, until then how about we stop claiming with so much confidence that it is genetic, to the point of calling others homophobes because they don't agree with your "opinion".

btw, i don't click on wiki links.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

how else is an animal supposed to keep clean? Invent soap and flannels?

Awesome! I was thinking the same before, if we didn't have access to a bath or shower 24/7, or soap and flannels(!lmao) then how exactly would we keep clean? (this includes watering holes etc, as your pet)

I for one wouldn't be able to lick my own ass, we'll need a buddy system!

Either way, cleaning with scented soaps and flowery flanels isn't natural, its just 'natural' for us!

Also, I think that if we continually licked our skin and (ahem) 'ring piece' then our stomach and body would learn to deal with these 'attacks' on our immune system.

Your body is more incredible than you give it credit for.

EMM

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well.. in the end, it still doesn't change the moral facts in humans. Animals are not accounted for sin as humans are to God. Even if the whole animal kingdom were gay to the point of mass extinction, it wouldn't change anything. Animals kill animals with no consequences, so.. does that mean humans should not object to other humans doing it too just because it is "the natural thing to do"? Of course not. We are moral creatures and so we behave according to a higher standard. This, and also we have laws from God that make us accountable to Him for whatever actions we decide to take.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Well.. in the end, it still doesn't change the moral facts in humans. Animals are not accounted for sin as humans are to God. Even if the whole animal kingdom were gay to the point of mass extinction, it wouldn't change anything. Animals kill animals with no consequences, so.. does that mean humans should not object to other humans doing it too just because it is "the natural thing to do"? Of course not. We are moral creatures and so we behave according to a higher standard. This, and also we have laws from God that make us accountable to Him for whatever actions we decide to take.
these laws of God, you speak of....who wrote them again?

Man, that's right. man. Not God. man. Get over it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join