It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

You're talking animals here? You believe male animals look at another male and knowing it is a male and the fact it is a male makes it want to have sex with it? No, not in a million years. Animals have a much lower reasoning power, along with a strong blueprint to reproduce their species. They are not having psuedo sex for the pleasure, they are reacting to a dna blueprint that propels them to reproduce.

well - looks like we get to repeat everything we've just been through in this thread - right?

have you read up on any of the science involved - any of the links/references?

:-)

I think Sweden must be a magical land - a place where a major museum feels confident enough and forward thinking enough - to actually devote the time, energy and space to something we can only bicker about

ah - Sweden...

(I know someone who works at this museum - which is why I know about this exhibit - fascinating - everything involved)

The exhibition is mostly based on the work of the Canadian scientist and biologist Bruce Bagemihl who spent nine years going through collected literature about homosexuality among animals.

He found that homosexuality is widespread in the animal world and that it often involves life-long relationships, not just brief homosexual encounters. The results of his research is presented in this show, which includes a selection of more than 1500 different species for which homosexual behaviour has been documented.

www.onculture.eu...

having a hard time finding a better link - that's not in Swedish

it comes down to this I think: are you willing to allow for the possibility that we are not done with learning?

or - do we already know all there is to know about the animal kingdom?

We understand everything - animals - nature - ourselves?

finished learning?

pack it all up and go home now?

:-)

moving past the science of frisky poodles - I think there might be more...

[edit on 6/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That is kind of disturbing...

But I believe they do it out of "dominance" rather than sexual intimacy.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelMysteries

You said :
That is kind of disturbing...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99a1857d8830.jpg[/atsimg]
IMHO, just as with everybody that's born into this crazy world, sometimes you just have to play the cards you're dealt ...

Capice' ?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Well what's the use. It's all good. We should just turn the whole planet into one big cluster....

I guess Mrs. Drysdale was way ahead of her time, marrying Claude off and all.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I love you for that :-)

long way to go - but totally worth it

Well what's the use. It's all good.

yup

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You know if this is true, it is no different than humans. They are mentally ill and need to be medicated until drooling.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

For just a small sample of the 'strange' behavior of our 'less evolved' cousins in the kingdom animalia, I offer the following -

Call the police - something terrible is about to happen !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30201a8df5c2.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmmm - that feels kinda good ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b05f9c23437c.jpg[/atsimg]

Just doesn't seem 'natural' ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76b3a0f0fcbd.jpg[/atsimg]

He just thinks it's all funny ... and please stop looking at me like that !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab0c53a890cb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
According to a new study:
Heterosexual behavior found in nature.

Heterosexual behaviour ensures species diversification and propagation of the species and has been shown to be beneficial. Homosexuality is natures way to control population. Simple.

Nothing is ever that simple in nature.

There are so many complex forces acting with and against each other... and to top it all off, the entire process is unconscious... There are no "purposes" for anything, there are only results from certain conditions...

I beg to differ. Heterosexual behavior in the animal kingdom is for species diversivication and propagation. I have yet to see the benefit of having homosexual behavior in nature other than population control. Give me proof .

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

According to a new study:
Heterosexual behavior found in nature.

Heterosexual behaviour ensures species diversification and propagation of the species and has been shown to be beneficial. Homosexuality is natures way to control population. Simple.

Nothing is ever that simple in nature.

There are so many complex forces acting with and against each other... and to top it all off, the entire process is unconscious... There are no "purposes" for anything, there are only results from certain conditions...

I beg to differ. Heterosexual behavior in the animal kingdom is for species diversivication and propagation. I have yet to see the benefit of having homosexual behavior in nature other than population control. Give me proof .

Who can say what heterosexual behavior is for? As if there is some conscious process behind evolution....

All traits are results of conditions... now those results also become new conditions which allow further results.... results depend on conditions... there is no "This thing is for that".... That's simply how we interpret the world because our minds have developed a sense of "meaning"... but all meaning is subjective...

However, if we look at the conditions and results which gave rise to multicellular life, you'll see it was not a process of doing the same thing over and over again, it was a through the means of doing different things over and over again, and it occured many times over giving rise to many different types of multicellular life.

Here is an excerpt from The Emergence of Everything: How the World Became Complex

The emergence of prokaryotes was a matter of macromolecular chemistry, and chemical networks developed with the emergence of metabolism. The emergence of Eukaryotes developed from chimeras (an anomaly) of prokaryotes sampling numerous ways of putting functional parts together.

Three major foci of energy metabolism ultimately developed autotrophy, ingestion of of soluble molecules excreted into the environment by other organisms, and eating of other organisms. When these forms settled down they were on their way to being plants, fungi, and animals.

As you can see, life is in a constant state of experimentation and anomaly which itself results in new sustainable methods of existing, both individually and collectively.

Social evolutions leverage sexual relations and differences in sexuality to form multiple different forms of social relationships, which plays as much a part of the organisms survival as the individual.

You see the diaspora that is life has no specific purpose, but is merely the result of experiments and random mutations...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Animals have always mimicked human behavior, so it's not surprising that they would also mimic gay behavior. This gives new meaning to "what will they think of next?"

By the way, two males that hang out together or that share the same house or nest does not make them gay. It's how they get off that says whether they are gay or not, because gay is a term that relates to their sex practices, and that has nothing to do with any sub race or minority. Gay is not a term used to discribe a special minority, although that is what they want you to believe.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Strange,.....it happens to my cats too

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Just because animals do it doesnt mean it is right. The black widow spider kills its mate, should we do it to? We are not the same as animals. So it is irrelevant if a monkey beats its banana with another one. Just because it is found in the animal kingdom does not make it justfifiable for human beings to do the same. My God look at what is being spewed too you. You cannot think properly. Just because an animal does it, gays are using it to justify their actions. If a wife kills her husband she can use the excuse, well black widow spiders do it too, there should be a widow killing law that makes it legal to kill your widow. See the ignorance of the gay promoters.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
why the hell are we bothered if it goes on in the animal kingdom- monkies eat their own faeces, are we now to use this as "evidence" for people who wish to promote eating faeces?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Animals do the gay thing - even if you disapprove.

The fact remains that there are gay animals,

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Animals do the gay thing - even if you disapprove.

The fact remains that there are gay animals,

Yes, and I fail to see the relevance to a debate about humans- monkeys eat their own dirt, I don't see that as an excuse for like minded humans to use!

I speak as someone who doesn't really have an issue with who someone has sex with, I just find this argument ridiculous

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Yes. is a ridiculous argument.

But people do unspeakable things.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Yes. is a ridiculous argument.

But people do unspeakable things.

They do, they murder their own family for example, and don't get off because "animals" do it

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well if you want to do homosexual behaviour I will call you an animal and treat you as an animal and cage you up or whatever. Hunt you for sport. Cook you for food, experiment on you. Hey gays want to be associated with animals so lets treat them like animals. You see gay is deviant behaviour, just cause animals do it doenst make it right.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Well if you want to do homosexual behaviour I will call you an animal and treat you as an animal and cage you up or whatever. Hunt you for sport. Cook you for food, experiment on you. Hey gays want to be associated with animals so lets treat them like animals. You see gay is deviant behaviour, just cause animals do it doenst make it right.

Yes, lets do it that way

Ill just ask those two 'bear' gay guys I am friends with to beat the living *peep* out of you, just like a wild animal would hmm?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join