It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
my firend was raised by his mother and her brothers wife that lived with them in the same household after his uncle passed away...

that surely means defacto the two women are gay homosexual...

at least the telegraph's source scientist implies it is so by albatross refference...

this is pure badscience.com

and people buy it

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

How does animal behavior equal justification for human behavior? If a dog drops a load on my lawn does that provide justification for me to do the same? Animals mate in pulic, lick themselves and do all sorts of thing that most people would never dream of doing. But it is natural for the animal. Quit trying to justify human behavior with the animal kingdom.

I will not cite examples of similar human behaviors.

Why do you, and other, feel the need to include all other animal behaviors?

Human homosexuality is natural. No one is trying to justify human homosexuality by showing that homosexuality exist in animals.

No one is "dropping a load" in your lawn. No one is sniffing each others' butts. So why are you and others mentioning different animal behaviors. I do not understand?

This is an old variant of "if you allow homosexuality, it will progress to cannibalism, marrying more than one wife, marrying a dog, etc etc"

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by darkelf

How does animal behavior equal justification for human behavior? If a dog drops a load on my lawn does that provide justification for me to do the same? Animals mate in pulic, lick themselves and do all sorts of thing that most people would never dream of doing. But it is natural for the animal. Quit trying to justify human behavior with the animal kingdom.

I will not cite examples of similar human behaviors.

Why do you, and other, feel the need to include all other animal behaviors?

Human homosexuality is natural. No one is trying to justify human homosexuality by showing that homosexuality exist in animals.

No one is "dropping a load" in your lawn. No one is sniffing each others' butts. So why are you and others mentioning different animal behaviors. I do not understand?

This is an old variant of "if you allow homosexuality, it will progress to cannibalism, marrying more than one wife, marrying a dog, etc etc"

no it is not natural....
have you any proof?
you know what is a definition of nature,what premises it implies?

and people are not mentioning animal behaviour out of nothing

it is just a "play the game" with same kind of "arguments" while activists are trying to proove homosexuality is natural by looking for it in the animal kingdom

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
hrrrmmmm

Gay animals...

So by %

were as many animals gay before they started dumping all the same hormones, chemicals and pesticides into the environment as now?

Not saying that's the ONLY reason for Male homosexuality

But they sure are finding allot of animals with shrunken penises out there and human sperm production has been dropping like a stone all century too...

They find these chemicals in the Arctic in penguins as often as in people now...

who's to say... we aren't turning the whole planet kind of Gay?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by darkraver

no it is not natural.... have you any proof? you know what is a definition of nature,what premises it implies?

Natural is what happens in nature. Proof? Take a look around. Do some research.

and people are not mentioning animal behaviour out of nothing

It is a serious scientific research.

If, as you say, people are not mentioning it out of nothing, then could it be because of negative reactions to homosexuality?

it is just a "play the game" with same kind of "arguments" while activists are trying to proove homosexuality is natural by looking for it in the animal kingdom

Activists? Those are SCIENTISTS studying animal behavior.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
That some animal species may indulge in a little same sex now and then is not really in dispute.

Where they differ from humans though is that they don't feel the need to promote their sexuality, while dressed in arseless leather chaps and other S&M gear, in the middle of town, or to engage in homosexual acts in public toilets.

I don't really have a problem with homosexuality or the endless debates for or against. What I do have an issue with is the way it is promoted. If people of the same gender want to have sex then fine, but go get a room, like the rest of us heterosexuals do and keep your fetishes at home where they belong, not on public display.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I think the reason homosexuals become so annoying and go overboard is easily explained if you compare it to how a teenager acts when they are rebelling. If you tell someone they can't do something they will not only do it, but they will be a big jerk about it as well. When people start to ignore homosexuals and just treat them like everyone else I doubt they would feel the need to have gay pride parades and whatever else they do. Of course maybe I'm wrong and gays just have a disproportionate number of attention whores among themselves

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
...they don't feel the need to promote their sexuality, while dressed in arseless leather chaps and other S&M gear, in the middle of town, or to engage in homosexual acts in public toilets.

... If people of the same gender want to have sex then fine, but go get a room, like the rest of us heterosexuals do and keep your fetishes at home where they belong, not on public display....

Would you like some headphones for your stereotype?

II've got countless gay friends. And not a single one of them owns an "areseless leather chap" nor do they have sex in public toilets.

Perhaps - before you make statements like this - you should take an objective look at similar heterosexual behaviour? Just because there's one pervert in the whole of New York that "flashes" old ladies in the park that doesn't mean all heterosexuals are like that...

Many gay people would roll their eyes at some "over the top gays" in parades. But many gay people won't roll their eyes - not because it doesn't bother them, but because they know not to judge other people and to accept them for who they are.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
let me just add, that I am one (of many,many) gay guys who do not fit the stereotypical "gay mould"

I've never worn crotchless leather chaps, I'm not camp, I've never even been on a gay pride march. (but i do appreciate why these marches are held) Don't do the gay scene at all, it's becoming a parody of itself (IMO)

As one guy said when he found out that I'm gay "#me dude, you're the straightest poofter I've ever met"

Things i like. Football, drinking heavily, raves, boxing, using powertools, furious music and doing a hard days graft.

This post is just to show that there are as many different types of gayness, as there are straightness. I couldn't really give a flying monkeys jizz what people think about it, wether it's natural or not. I really don;t care. I laugh at the ignorance that some show, becasue it's funny.

And as i've not put it on this thread yet. I'll add this, as my fin.

If we all paid attention to how we are all alike, and forgot about how we differ. The world would be a much, much better palce.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
or to engage in homosexual acts in public toilets.

........ but go get a room, like the rest of us heterosexuals do and keep your fetishes at home where they belong, not on public display.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but..

The majority of the men who have sex in public bathrooms are "heterosexual". Or more "bisexual" and are afraid to go to a gay bar to fill their desires.

Don't believe me? Look on your local craigslist "men seeking men" and count how many are "married". Caution though girls...you just might find your husband on there.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

I've never worn crotchless leather chaps, I'm not camp, I've never even been on a gay pride march. (but i do appreciate why these marches are held) Don't do the gay scene at all, it's becoming a parody of itself (IMO)

Well said! It is indeed becoming a parody and a competition in bad taste, and it's that aspect, the "look at me....I'm gay" attitude that gets up many peoples noses. Tell some of them you don't actually give a hoot that they are gay and they get all upset that they're not so special after all - I've had it happen and even been accused of being Homophobic because of it. Bottom line is, I think many people really don't care, it's a personal thing. I don't feel the need to proudly proclaim to everyone that I am heterosexual (although that might get me into trouble these days as hate speech), and so I don't see the need for homosexuals to do so either.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I believe monkeys also eat other monkeys, some monkeys eat their own faeces, however, we are humans, so what in the name of good chuff does this "find" have to do with us

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I believe monkeys also eat other monkeys, some monkeys eat their own faeces, however, we are humans, so what in the name of good chuff does this "find" have to do with us
in some parts of thew world, humans eat humans.

What is your point, caller?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

why dont you show some proof champ? oh, and i mean beyond your groundless rhetoric. I think animals are a good place to start in this argument as they dont have the same mental capacity for decision making and their actions are based more on natural intuition and desire. This would indicate a genetic indifference. Stop being redundant.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

mabey somebody can link you to the article a few days back concerning two gay penguins who adopted and birthed an abandoned egg? your research cant be very comprehensive if you missed something like that. Common people lets think these things through

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

this is an issue that really gets to me. i have a couple gay friends, and they are nothing short of normal. you, sir, are a homophobe. i know for a fact straight people get together in groups, straight people perform racial and sexual atrocities far beyond what gays are normally capable of (because they have some femanin compassion), and straight people can be just as conflicted and F#@%ed up as any other human being. Step down from the pulpit, take that book out of the fire, and go meat a gay person instead of just bashing them online

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This has been known for some time now.

I think homosexuality in animals was first observed in seagulls back in the 80's.

The funnymentalists don't like this though so they dismiss it because it shoots down their whole theory that homosexuality is a perversion and an affront to God... and as such their main arguing point against gay rights and/or gay marriage.

I learned long ago that what goes on in the heart is far more important than what goes on in bed...

And in my humble opinion there is only one real sexual perversion and that is brutality... and when you think about it all the serious ones... rape... spousal abuse... pedophilia... sex murders etc... are all rooted in brutality and violence.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

There are also people in Africa that eat monkeys.

There are also people who eat feces.

Can people eat feces?
In: First Aid

Answer
Yes. Consumption of urine is called urophagia and it is perfectly safe. Coprophagia, the consumption of feces, on the other hand, can be dangerous for humans. Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, pneumonia, and influenza vaccinations are generally recommended for those who engage in this practice. Even consuming one's own feces potentially involves risk, as the bowel bacteria and eggs of parasitic worms are not safe to ingest.

Coprophagia is most often the result of coprophilia, the attraction to the smell, taste, texture or sights and sounds of the act of defecation as a means of sexual arousal and gratification. A common slang term for this is scat sex.

-DJ Craig

wiki.answers.com...

So, what's your point?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Techsnow

OK, what do animals do that humans don't?

Overall, I would say that animals are better behaved than humans.

Does this mean it is going to become more acceptable to crap in your neighbor's front yard?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Techsnow

OK, what do animals do that humans don't?

Overall, I would say that animals are better behaved than humans.

Does this mean it is going to become more acceptable to crap in your neighbor's front yard?
I'd say that's a fact, dude

of course, this point is MUTE, becasue it has absolutly no bearing to the subject matter, at all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join