It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staringintoinfinity
How can it be that homosexuality is a natural process but then ignore the fact that homosexuality doesn't produce offspring.

If sex was only about having children there would be no market for birth control.

Whether I've been with a woman or with a man there has been the same need to express our love sexually. People in love want to be as close physically as possible. They want to be cuddled. They want to make each other happy.

How would heterosexuals like it if gays were the majority and kept going on about how sickening and unnatural straight sex was? How straights had ruined our planet by their unrestrained breeding . . .
How would you like to be told that straight couples had no right to enjoy a sexual relationship, and could only go to heaven if they got "cured" or lived celibate.

For most people, sex is part of being human.

Most people having sex have no more desire to produce a child than they want to get run over when they cross the road.

Of course if you are crossing the road as part of your job, on the Sabbath, the bible says you should die for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
"People in love want to be as close physically as possible. They want to be cuddled. They want to make each other happy."

Correct. But people in love DO sometimes want offspring as well.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

They found that on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, almost a third of the Laysan albatross population is raised by pairs of two females because of the shortage of males. Through these 'lesbian' unions, Laysan albatross are flourishing. Their existence had been dwindling before the adaptation was noticed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not really "lesbian" if they don't have sex, just because two females help in raising offspring, as do monkies doesn't mean they engage in gay sex, this is misleading!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just because 2 female animals are raising cubs or whatever they may be, it doesn't make them lesbians. They would be lesbians if they were sexually together. So to call something like that a "lesbian" relationship is simply not true. Same for the males, just because 2 male penguins hatched and cared for an egg, it doesn't make they "gay". I think people look for anything to prove their points and if animals are gay, then it is just wonderful that people are. Either way it creeps me out.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

there in lies the question, spending your life with a partner does not amount to a sexuality, until that relationship becomes sexual,

two female albatross caring for young is not homosexual behaviour, after all they hardly used a turkey baster to get pregnant , (there's a joke there somewhere), how could they have a sexual relationship?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Three questions...

Is homosexuality natural?
Yes, it exists in nature, it is therefore natural.

Is homosexuality normal?
No, its natural occurrence in nature is less than 50%,
therefore, as measured against nature, it is relatively abnormal.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?
This question of right or wrong can be simply qualified;
For something to be shown to be "right,"
it must be shown to be beneficial. For something to be shown
to be "wrong," it must be shown to be detrimental.

Okay, can homosexuality be shown to be beneficial?

Tough question. I suppose one could argue logically that
homosexuality could be used as a function of nature to
reduce population expansion (although it would be tough
to cite a single reference in nature--the argument does
have logical merit.)

Okay, can homosexuality be shown to be detrimental?
Logically, if homosexuality overtakes heterosexuality
and becomes the norm at a more than a 50% rate, then
this could threaten the specie's survival.

Really, I would just like to hear someone make an
argument for why they think homosexuality is wrong
without citing religion. Just one scientific viewpoint
of why homosexuality (in nature or in humans) is
wrong.....just one

Without religion I guess we will have to leave the "wrong" explanation aside. But this thread was started to show that homosexuality is NORMAL, because animals sometimes are too stupid to know the other male they are humping won't result in their offspring.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have 2 female dogs that despite the fact that there is a male present, they choose to not only hump each other, they do it '69' style. Really. I want to put a video of it on youtube but I don't have a camera for that. But they do it whether they are in heat or not. People see it and flip out, it can be embarrassing as well. Like when the in laws were here for dinner.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Animals will hump anything. My friend's dog humps its own bedding. How is this a 26 page discussion?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Inbreeding has occured since the beginning of time, check the bloodline of many royal families. Beastiality is as old as time, where do you think syphilis came from ? Child molestation is nothing new to mankind either, all of these acts have occured in the animal kingdom and humanity does that make them NORMAL too ?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

yes - a few simple points - that make sense

:-)

I don't see why it's so confusing

If sex was only about having children there would be no market for birth control.

and if it were ONLY about having children - and that was the real issue - straight couples should be required by law to promise to produce children before they're allowed to even be married. No kids - marriage is null and void

People in love want to be as close physically as possible. They want to be cuddled. They want to make each other happy.

affection and bonding - seems pretty natural to me too

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Kissing are you serious? It doesn't matter who someone kisses the result is the same. Is the same true for homosexuality. Nope. Maybe you should let the homosexuals answer since you suck at reading comprehension.

Did I ever say animals only engage in acts that produce offspring? I don't think so. What I said was that not being able to produce offspring isn't natural. You are comparing apples to oranges my friend. Holding hands, kissing and reproducing your species are not the same things.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
When did I ever say that people only engage in sexual intercourse to produce offspring? Did I ever say that only people who can have offspring should engage in sexual intercourse?

You guys keep trying to find clever ways around my questions without actually addressing them. Then you try insinuate things I never ever said as a means off side stepping the questions.

My point is that homosexuality doesn't produce offspring which is not natural in nature.

My main question was why are these birds considered lesbian? Raising of young doesn't make you a homosexual.

chaos, where to begin with you. I'm glad you noticed that other things will fit in the vagina. Have you found anything else that shoots millions of sperm up the f.tubes so they can fertilize the egg and result in an offspring as well? It's all great to take one sentence from my post and bend it to fit your argument(much as was done with the OP's article), as long as you get the overall point though. The point of the sexual organ explanation was that they were designed to work together to produce offspring, not that only a penis will fit.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
Animals will hump anything. My friend's dog humps its own bedding. How is this a 26 page discussion?

Good question,friend. It is one for the books without doubt.

After all, contained within are tales of the importance of the gay caveman, tense sea creatures using a little girl-on-girl action to relieve tension, how practicing homosexual acts relates to menopause, Gay penguins trying to hatch rocks, homosexuality as a cure for overpopulation, how 'homophobia' is actually what needs the legitimizing, how kissing equates to homosexual acts, how being old equates to homosexual acts, how being sterile equates to homosexual acts, how shaking hands equates to homosexual acts, how two members of the same gender raising children IS a homosexual act...

Whew. Also:

...what will fit inside a vagina, how heterosexuals are 'phobic' and homosexuals apparently lack the old phobia-inducing gene, how those nifty parents of everyone reading this are just some regressive biological throwback and nowhere nearly as important as the good old gay caveman, how sure, intimacy is cool, but screw that procreation nonsense!, how children are a 'side effect' of sex, and of course, a little bible-bashing for good measure.

And thats not even touching the lawn crapping ,inbreeding or offspring eating...

Yep. Long discussion here.

Edited for length

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I have 2 female dogs that despite the fact that there is a male present, they choose to not only hump each other, they do it '69' style. Really. I want to put a video of it on youtube but I don't have a camera for that. But they do it whether they are in heat or not. People see it and flip out, it can be embarrassing as well. Like when the in laws were here for dinner.

I knew I left something out.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I saw this cartoon one time in a paper, and it showed a group of dinosaurs protesting for gay rights...marching with signs. The caption said "this is the reason the dinosaurs went extinct".

Says alot...maybe the lack of 'reasoning' separates us from the animals

Who want's to be like a penguin anyway?

best regards,
seax

[edit on 23-6-2009 by seax125]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by seax125]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
How many of these scientists are gay themselves is what I would like to know? Lets say there are a few [SNIP] squirrels or monkeys or whatever out there, it is not very common or it would not have taken a "study" for us to just be finding out now. It really makes no difference at all! If you are gay and you find this validating then thats just great. I could care less, if you are a homosexual you should be treated like any one else. What Im sick of is the fact you want SPECIAL treatment, and If you dont get it you start throwing around words like "homophobes" and "ignorance". This is America and you are more free here than anywhere (why dont you move to Iran if you dont believe me) In the animal kingdom there may be a percentage that have similar "needs". What people do in the privacy of there own homes is no ones business, but please stop trying to get everyone to pay attention to you by constantly reminding us "who you are" and "what you do". If people stopped caring most probably wouldnt know what to do and would have to find a new way to "make daddy mad". And I just gotta say it, cause what you did to a fine hetro-women is the last frieken straw. You have absolutely have no right whatsoever to further desecrate the already beleaguered institution of Marriage!!! Do your thing, like everyone else, keep it to yourself, and [SNIP] about it already-- cause I could care less and Im sick of hearing about it constantly!!!

Removed censor circumventions.

Please read, from the Terms And Conditions Of Use :

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 23/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

When did I ever say that people only engage in sexual intercourse to produce offspring? Did I ever say that only people who can have offspring should engage in sexual intercourse?

No actually you said this...

How can it be that homosexuality is a natural process but then ignore the fact that homosexuality doesn't produce offspring.

You claimed that homosexuality, the act of having sex with another of the same sex, is not natural because it does not produce offspring.

And what we showed, was several situations where sex, both same sex and opposite sex is INDEED used for many other functions, which are NATURAL, which also does not PRODUCE OFFSPRING.

So we showed you plenty of other sexual behavior and romantic behavior which naturally occurs but also does not produce offspring.

Point in Fact: Sexual Intercourse (regardless of homo or hetero) has many more natural functions OTHER THAN producing offspring.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study" Animals is the key here. We all knew that for a long time. So, Homosexual activity is animalistic by its very nature?

I always find it funny how people compare themselves to animals to make a point...
At least they are admiting they are animals...

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join