It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Staringintoinfinity

Three pairs of male penguins had been seen attempting to mate with each other and trying to hatch offspring from stones.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Attempting to mate with each other is a sexual behavior.

Rearing children is not.

Clear now?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Three pairs of male penguins had been seen attempting to mate with each other and trying to hatch offspring from stones.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Rearing children is not.

Clear now?

The pairs that were trying to hatch eggs from stones would appear to be mentally ill. Delusional, not the best thing to put forward for your case.
Akin to two men having sex and then pretending that a doll is their offspring...
I'd find another case to present because that one is really not going to do your cause any favours. You'll just get the crowd who want to say that Homosexuality is a mental disorder or whatever...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Sorry, Deaf, I agree with you on most aspects but you think that if something occurs in nature it shouldn't be related to humans? Come on, we are animals too.

We think we are superior to other animals, but I have to question this.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CloudySkye

Please one of the old time secrets of bird farming (aka chickens, ducks, geese, what have you) is to place golf balls, fake eggs, smooth stones, and other artifacts in the nest to fool all birds into laying in a specific spot. The thing is that birds will also attempt to hatch these items as well when they go into their brooding cycle.

This is astounding to me because female birds that go into a brooding phase have significant hormonal changes. This would mean that these "gay" penguins may have gone through some hormonal change as well. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I am only answering Staringintoinfinity's question. I am not using the source to put forward my case. There are plenty of good examples in animals which clearly show homosexuality and has been put forward many, many times on ATS.

IN ANY CASE, IN THIS CASE, IT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATED THAT THERE WERE PAIRS OF MALE PENGUINS ATTEMPTING TO MATE EACH OTHER WHICH MAKE THEM "GAY".

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

And hormones produce functionaly imbalances in the brain, just like a mental disorder. I bet that when they use stones in the bird barns the cocks don't give a monkeys about them. Clearly these birds BELIEVE that they can hatch theses stones which, unless there is an omission in the article, they purposely found. to try and hatch. My analysis stands. If they stole an egg from another nest, or fostered one or whatever, it would at least do away with their aparrent "imbalance". Although if they stole the egg it wouldnt look to good either...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Why are we discussing the hatching of eggs and rearing children? We have gone far off the topic.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I am only answering Staringintoinfinity's question. I am not using the source to put forward my case. There are plenty of good examples in animals which clearly show homosexuality and has been put forward many, many times on ATS.

IN ANY CASE, IN THIS CASE, IT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATED THAT THERE WERE PAIRS OF MALE PENGUINS ATTEMPTING TO MATE EACH OTHER WHICH MAKE THEM "GAY".

No doubt, and good for the penguins. I'd just omit the "they tried hatching a stone" part because it makes this example look bad. Otherwise pick another example form your casebook.

To be clear on where I stand (if you havent read my other posts). If you are happy, thats enough for me not to care what you are doing.

[edit on 21/6/09 by CloudySkye]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

No doubt, and good for the penguins. I'd just omit the "they tried hatching a stone" part because it makes this example look bad. Otherwise pick another example form your casebook.

Read my post carefully. I am not using this case as an example. I am merely answering the other guy's question.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CloudySkye
reply to post by toochaos4u

And hormones produce functionaly imbalances in the brain, just like a mental disorder. I bet that when they use stones in the bird barns the cocks don't give a monkeys about them. Clearly these birds BELIEVE that they can hatch theses stones which, unless there is an omission in the article, they purposely found. to try and hatch. My analysis stands. If they stole an egg from another nest, or fostered one or whatever, it would at least do away with their aparrent "imbalance". Although if they stole the egg it wouldnt look to good either...

Again birds will sit on these stones, fake eggs, golf balls either until they hatch something (switcharoo), are broken from being broody (locked away from the nest), or die. All birds will do this. If it looks similar to an egg to them, it is an egg. Birds when broody will steal a lot of eggs!

Haha, Cocks do care about their offspring oftentimes and even scout out nests for the hens. They often find the fake items in the nest and assume it is a good place to lay eggs and call the female over because there are eggs (to them) there.

Again old time knowledge from the 1800's.

[edit on 21/6/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yes i read it, but inherently by posting that case to prove that penguins have homosexual sexual relationships (the question asked by the other person was how is rearing children a sexual behavior) you are presenting it for scrutiny, in this case the mention that those male birds believed that they created eggs that they could hatch suggests that they have issues, at the very least they cannot comprehend why their relationship cannot produce offspring.

As I said I would use a different example. By posting it, it is open to scrutiny and in this case, it does you no favours.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Sorry, Deaf, I agree with you on most aspects but you think that if something occurs in nature it shouldn't be related to humans? Come on, we are animals too.

Where did I say that it was unrelated? I do not remember saying that. And yes we all are animals.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

That's ok. They may have "issues". Maybe. Who knows.

The fact remains is they were MALES. Which cause those people to call them "gay".

Let's just drop this case. I am not even using it as an example.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It is actually a very good example.

Male penguins caring for young (doing the job of a female)
is very close in concept to Two-Spirits in some American
Indian tribes where apparently gay people took on roles
of the opposite sex. The two spirit males also cared for children.
Likewise two spirit females never cared for children and were more
interested in the hunt.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

You said animals crap on the lawn, animals lick themselves in public etc.

OK, humans do not do that, for which I am glad.

But humans do hurtful things and animals do not - they only do what is in their nature. OK, animals do hurtful things, but only according to their nature.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You've never met my dad! LOL... He crapped on the lawn once....

The only distinction between animals and humans is that humans are the ones making that distinction...

There is none.... we are simply different animals....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

news.bbc.co.uk...

Rearing children is not.

Clear now?

If i start to try to have same sex.
AND
try to hatch rocks or fertilize rock's...
There is something wrong with my mind!!!!!!!!!!

Same goes for those poor animal's.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Please answer my questions. Maybe I wasn't clear....

1) How is the raising of young a sexual behavoir? So nuns are lesbians because they live with other women and raise children.

2) Where did the chick(from the OPs article) come from? This is not an attempt to say homosexuality is wrong because it doesn't produce offspring. I'm really interested to know where the lesbian birds got the chick from.

It was already explained earlier in the thread why animals hump each other of the same sex. It's hormonal, they don't know what they are doing won't result in offspring. That's the same reason they sit on rocks, they don't know.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staringintoinfinity
Please answer my questions. Maybe I wasn't clear....

1) How is the raising of young a sexual behavoir? So nuns are lesbians because they live with other women and raise children.

2) Where did the chick(from the OPs article) come from? This is not an attempt to say homosexuality is wrong because it doesn't produce offspring. I'm really interested to know where the lesbian birds got the chick from.

It was already explained earlier in the thread why animals hump each other of the same sex. It's hormonal, they don't know what they are doing won't result in offspring.

There were many more cited examples in this study which made more sense actually, but this one is zeroed in on due to the controversy around same sex parents in our own society... sexual or not.

One of the other better examples of homosexuality was the Dolphins and Bonobos which have ample examples of female homosexuality being a function of releasing tension amongst larger groups.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You said animals crap on the lawn, animals lick themselves in public etc.

I think you have me confused with someone else.

In any case, some people DO that. But that's not the topic thank goodness

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join