It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
"used to be". now is diffferent then that time. we have a different way of understanding the world. im not saying zoology or pedophilism or whatever wont become legitimate in the future. That may very well hapen, im just saying that right now homosexuals justly deserve to officially sanctify their love. dont be a hater, and stop using the past as an example.

So you are ok with legailiing zoophilia and pedophillia in the future as long as you can have gay marriage now?

I dont understand why you cannot sanctify your love in other various ways.
1. A private agreement and ceremony at your house or a rented hall. etc
2. Accepting civil unions instead of insisting it be equal and exactly the same as marriage.

Also, I wish they would quit using examples of animals allegedly being gay as some sort of justification.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"Same-sex behaviours – courtship, mounting or parenting..."

Never-mind, according to the article parenting is a sexual behavior, therefore making the birds "lesbians"....

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Staringintoinfinity

The visual picture of two birds having lesbian relations is hilarious. Is it even physically possible?

Also, if my two aunts lived together to control costs and raised my cousin... does that make them lesbians?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
For those animals, it's "necessary" as if their survival depend on it. In our society, is homosexuality necessary?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

It could lead to other things, you are correct, but those will have to be addressed as and when they transpire. When you speak of other forms of marriage though, I guess you're talking about man/beast/child/woman or some combination thereof, HOWEVER, again the point is that of consent...

So there really is no problem with gay marriage so long as it is between consenting adults.

As an aside, I've heard of an american who married his pet horse and I'm sure I saw something ages ago about one that married his car.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
We have IVF. Is hetrosexuality nesecary? Not to have babies these days it seems. Does that make all hetro's filthy underage dog fiddling perverts? I think not. Just a guess but I think that may apply to homosexuals as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
erm yeah alrite il throw my vote in for future pedophilea and zoophelia or whatever, just give me gay marriage!

no, honestly, did you read what i said? its not very progressive to society being deflective and failing to recognize the facts that are being presented. have some compassion, nobody is attacking you, why not be a good, considerate person let someone else have a very simple and harmless right. the happiness and satisfaction of a minority group is'nt such a terrible thing. in fact, you might find that it benefits mankind as a whole.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I find it quite amusing that people in this thread find themselves far above the animal kingdom.

Sorry to break it to you, but you're part of it.

Animals eat their feces and lick their genitals for various reasons, depending on the species. Mother dogs for example, will usually eat their offspring's feces to ensure that it doesn't pile and become a health hazard to their young. Everyone that makes this argument tends to think that nature is just chaotic and barbaric with no reason behind such incidents. Animals don't do these things because they're immoral, disgusting and perverted. This is simply the way nature has constructed these creatures to survive.

Our species didn't always have grocery stores, toilet paper, and bathrooms. We once had to hunt down animals and eat them raw. We once cleaned our genitals and buttocks with leaves and whatever we could find. There are also isolated human groups around the world that still engage in cannibalism.

We have a lot in common with animals. Homosexuality just happens to be one of them. Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Ok well since we can change laws regarding the legality of homosexuality and homosexual marriage then could we not redifine marriage in a way that is:
1. Not limited to just 2 people
2. Does not require consent from property. Which an animal is property.
3. Make laws changing the age of consent so that it is much lower than today, or just allow the parents consent regardless of the age of the child.
4. Allow for incestual marriage between two related consenting adults.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

whose to say it isnt? there is an infinite amount of things we dont know about our own species. living patterns in nature are not fully understood and very peculiar.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
damn satanic animals. They are going to hell too. I cant wait for heaven with all the straightest, coolest animals. No more peacocks, or gay fish. I can't stand gay fish... I really can't

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X1

Ok I said I am fine with Civil Unions that allow shared benefits, exchange of property at death, etc... What is wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

im not voting for those laws! and i dont know very many who would, well... mabey some

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

have you seen that episode of southpark (yeah my favorite source!) where the governor of california comes up with a new form of marriage for gays called "but buddies" so he doesnt have to decide either way? people are offended at the idea that they are being put in a different category, like they arent a valid part of marital sanction. many gays im sure are christian and want a christian wedding instead of a government partnership. You cant throw a random, new form of marriage at them. it wouldn't make any sense.

link   
[edit on 17-6-2009 by Kevin_X1]

link   

Well if you are for gay marriage you should at least be for some of them. Do they deserve less rights than you do? Can you say they were not born loving the way they do? Do you have any right to tell them who they can love?

Because those are the same questions you are giving to try to justify gay marriage.

Why shouldnt a man be allowed to marry 8 wives, or 2 men and 3 wives, etc?

Why shouldnt someone be allowed to marry an animal?

Why shouldnt a grown man be able to consenually marry his father?

Why shouldnt a 50 year old man be able to marry a 15 year old girl?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I thought the basic idea was that all people were treated equally. I'm not American but I believe you guys have a 'Goddam bit of paper' that stated that as one of it's aims. I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

the simple reason iv been trying to say. because nobody cares for that junk. nobody in the here and now is voting for that. there needs to be majority in a democracy, and id like to think that the majority of americans and canadians would support, or at least not reject, true same sex marriage.

and yeah in the future in the past laws laws laws. well.... if they change, so be it.

link   

It makes way more sense for a gay couple to have a civil union then a Christian marriage. How could gay people even want to be Christian or Jewish or Islamic? None of those religions even condone it, in fact they say the complete opposite. They are for harming and killing homosexuals. Not that I condone that, but just pointing out the obvious.

If I were gay I sure as heck would not want to be in any of those faiths or get married under them. That is like a black couple going to a KKK rally to get married.

link   
grapesofraft, well said on too many of your posts to quote, i agree on your take.

Being straight does not mean we hate homosexual people and neither do we judge them. We won't make a duck when in company with them as all the gay people i have met are truly intelligent and great conservationists. I do not argue the point if they are born gay or if it was their choice later in their life but i do believe both issues play a role.

Comparing any human to an animal is just too PETA for me. It is sad seeing people going "Ohh..Ahh, that is so cute!" when reading such a BS story that is old news. I am not fighting for the right of one sexual orientation but the rights of the heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual or people who don't believe in sex, all of us who walk up straight, the human specie. People read stories like these (which is general knowledge) and they start comparing animals to humans when in truth majority of these animals do not actually perform the act of a sexual relationship other than to stay together for survival alone.

How can we start making life on this troubled earth better when comparing animals to ourselves, it is demeaning. I DO NOT agree with animal abuse or the senseless slaughter of animals, i really don't & PETA and animal rights activists can jump on my head i am really good with ignoring them. I will never choose the life or right of any animal over a human life because that is truly inhuman.

When we have respect for ourselves as men then we will show respect to all that is on mother earth, every single thing which makes it spin. The sexual issue of man cannot be compared to that of animals.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by qonone]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join