It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

survival is one thing. sex is another. big difference
All this proves, is that nature will do anything to survive...not that natures produces homosexual couples. Did they mention if these "couples" where having sex? I doubt it.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by iulslion]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melissa101
reply to post by Techsnow

Excellent analogy Techsnow! This is true, is it ok to be a canibal? Is it ok to kill fellow humans for teritoral reasons? No, we humans know better, animals do not. Animals hump because they are expressinh their domination over one another, particularly the males species, it has nothing to do with actual sexual pleasure, they are programmed to mate to produce ofspring not to mate for pleasure. The only animal known to have sex for pleasure is the dolphin or the whale I cannot remember which and I do not have a reference but I'm sure those who want to validate or debunk my claim can research it.

2 words

bonobo monkey

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

I believe that by your reasoning, and those who agree with you, then sex for pleasure is not natural and should not be done.

Are you really saying we should only have sex for reproduction? Or are you saying that since we're humans, and are therefore mentally superior to animals, we can chose to have sex for pleasure, with anyone we want, and it is perfectly natural?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well so much for the theory evolution by common ancestry. For if it were true, all this homosexuality would have been rooted out by natural selection millions of years ago.

Oh well... it was a nice mythology for a while.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Yeah, so?
Supposedly it's a "natural" thing so humans should do it more in order to feel closer to nature?

I am amazed that some members actually posted that some progress might come out of this.

Like our brain cells could behave better or some other myths.

I go find me another male right now just to test this.. maybe my brain cells could solve my inability to fix the program code I am working on right now which is a mess.

As for natural selection. It is the female gene that actually carries the largest percentage of the chromosome ID of the offspring, at least in humans.
Women homosexuality is by far in a lesser percentage than male homosexuality. Also the larger extend of this female percentage resorted to this behavior because of traumatic experiences in their early years of life.
This points out that male homosexuality might probably be another way that nature chooses to "weed out" genes not fitting enough for reproduction of successful offspring's. Why nature would act in such ways is a huge mystery probably like anything else nature does and we cannot seem to be able to explain it.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Please, I prefered this thread when it was about comedy gay dog's. Some people like huntin' an' shootin', some like cheese and some like people of the same sex. Unless it's being forced on you, what's the beef? And to the gay guys out there, stop trying to argue with the beer monster's guy's, they don't like you but they have said that they rather kindly won't kill you and won't equate you with a pedophile dog molester, but they'll make sure they mention them any chance they get. What could be wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I'm not sure what you're getting at, homosexuality isn't hereditary.

It's not some disease, stop dehumanizing people

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
HEY!!! I'm a beer monster guy and I'm all for treating people of different (consensual) sexualities with respect, even the stupid beer monsters... there's a massive gay district in the city I live and I'll gladly go out drinking there, gay guys are fun to hang out with sometimes.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
you really cant draw a moral line, can you? NONE OF THOSE THINGS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH EACHOTHER! being HUMAN we can draw moral and ethical lines of conduct. CHILDREN = OFF LIMITS! ANIMALS = OFF LIMITS! there is nobody advocating for these things for a reason, buddy. your arguments are becoming more and more empty. try a new one

LOL, you really do not understand how the world works do you?

Homosexuality used to be considered on the same par as pedophillia and zoophilia, they were all considered a form of mental illness and sexual perversion.

Homosexuality used to equal off limits too, until the gay rights movement made progress. So who is to say that once we expand marriage to include gays, it cant later be expanded to include pedophiles, polygamists, or zoophiles?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billy t Hill
stop trying to argue with the beer monster's guy's, they don't like you but they have said that they rather kindly won't kill you

Actually, where I come from, if you go mouthing off about hating gay people in public you're likely to get beat up. Same goes for blacks, hispanics etc

I think people have this ignorant notion of gay people being pasty little pushovers when it's really not the truth. You'd be surprised by how burly and "manly" some are, and they do not like being called names. lol

link   

link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Well then be prepared to live in a world where people marry children and animals and there arent just two people in a marriage but a couple men a couple women. That is what making marriage redifinable leads to.

I never said anything wrong about homosexuality or anything against gay people. All I said is we shouldnt allow gay marriage and that I am sick of the people behind the gay agenda trying to ram their views down my throat.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by merky

The Bible is not a jigsaw puzle where you just cut and paste verse together to justify whatever you want. You have to take the context in account.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Homosexuality used to be considered on the same par as pedophillia and zoophilia, they were all considered a form of mental illness and sexual perversion.
Homosexuality used to equal off limits too, until the gay rights movement made progress. So who is to say that once we expand marriage to include gays, it cant later be expanded to include pedophiles, polygamists, or zoophiles?

The issue (with humans, remember the OP?) is that of consent, or in terms that are easier to understand adulthood, so if an adult decides to engage in a sexual activity with 1 (or more) other consenting adults then it is fine. Where it is not fine is with those considered not able to consent, ie non-adults, children, dogs, zebras etc...

That is why children aren't allowed to drive cars or vote or join the military, because they are not considered responsible to do those things or to make the decisions involved with participating in them.

How does it harm you what other people do in private, how is it your business?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
you really cant draw a moral line, can you? NONE OF THOSE THINGS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH EACHOTHER! being HUMAN we can draw moral and ethical lines of conduct. CHILDREN = OFF LIMITS! ANIMALS = OFF LIMITS! there is nobody advocating for these things for a reason, buddy. your arguments are becoming more and more empty. try a new one

"used to be". now is diffferent then that time. we have a different way of understanding the world. im not saying zoology or pedophilism or whatever wont become legitimate in the future. That may very well hapen, im just saying that right now homosexuals justly deserve to officially sanctify their love. dont be a hater, and stop using the past as an example.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

How does it harm you what other people do in private, how is it your business?

What people do in private, doesnt harm me or bother me at all. What I am against is changing the law to give marriage rigths to gays, not because I hate gays, but because i see how that could lead to many differrent versions of marriage beyond straight and gay couples.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Please explain what these birds did to be classified as "lesbians". Reading the article it only mentions the raising of young. So female lions( or any pack of animals) are lesbians?

And where did the chick come from?

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Staringintoinfinity]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join