It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Pineal Gland must be rock solid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Gday all,
I bring this thread to attention (for those who didnt know) that the knowledge ive learnt about Fluoride here at A.T.S has just been extended to the point where i feel confounded, totally perplexed.
After overhearing people conversating about Tea on a train saying that too much Tea drinking is bad for you, i decided to google it when i arrived home. To my surprise i found this;

All tea leaves contain fluoride; however, mature leaves contain as much as 10 to 20 times the fluoride levels of young leaves from the same plant. In general, the level of fluoride in tea is inversely related to the EGCG contents: the more EGCG, the less fluoride. White tea contains less fluoride than green tea and black tea, because it is made of buds and young leaves only.

The fluoride content of tea depends directly on the fluoride content of the soil in which it is grown; tea plants absorbs this element at a greater rate than other plants. Care in the choice of the location where the plant is grown may reduce the risk.

According to Andreas Schuld of the Canadian Parents of Fluoride Poisoned Children, tea is very high in fluoride content, much higher than the Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) set for fluoride in drinking water. Decaffeinated teas have an even higher fluoride content, which is thought to be due to high fluoride levels in the water used in decaffeination. According to Schuld, fluoride could reduce the anti-cancer properties of tea, or even possibly cause cancer at continued toxic levels of the mineral. For instance, Schuld references a 1998 study which found positive correlation between colon cancer and tea intake. The high fluoride content could also cause neurological and renal damage, especially in the presence of aluminum. Additionally, the high fluoride content could cause osteoporosis, arthritis, skeletal fluorosis and other bone disorders.

On the other hand, drinking moderate amounts of fluoride is beneficial for teeth
Source

*******Ive been drinking about 6 cups of tea for years now, i feel as if ive been cheated. I was wondering if there are many ATS' people here are aware of the information ive put forward and what are your thoughts about being surrounded by this chronic industrial waste chemical that seems to be everywhere?

How much tea have you been drinking??

[edit on 17/6/2009 by scubagravy]

mod Edit; Fixed Ex tags.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Great.

Living in the southeastern US for the last 20*ish* years, the local tradition of drinking a LOT of sweetened iced tea has become my habit. I stopped drinking soft drinks for the most part and drink tea. I would say about two gallons per day. I made this transition because I felt that tea was a more healthy choice than carbonated and highly processed soft drinks.

Apparently I got it wrong!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Holy crap, I never knew this. I do drink quite a bit of tea so I guess I'm screwed.

I guess everything is bad for you nowadays.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

I am more impressed that a dog can login to a site on the internet and begin a thread about his pineal gland. Did I mention that I am baffled the dog can write?

I have been on ATS for some time and heard the fluoride-rage, but I have never really listened to it because I still use Crest.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Dr Sin Hang Lee, founder of the green tea TeaForHealth, yesterday demanded that the FDA introduce a tea flouride safety standard after recent research suggested that ingesting certain levels of the chemical could be harmful, writes Philippa Nuttall.

Lee also made public independent laboratory results confirming that his TeaForHealth beverage contains low levels of fluoride.

"All tea leaves contain fluoride, however the mature, old tea leaves contain more fluoride, as much as 10-20 times of the fluoride levels in the young leaves of the same tea plant," Lee explained to FoodNavigatorUSA.com.

"In general, the level of fluoride in tea is inversely related to the EGCG contents. The more natural EGCG in the tea leaves, the less fluoride" he added.

Lee told the FDA that TeaForHealth green tea, if prepared properly, contains only 0.25 ppm of fluoride, whereas other teas contains up to 28 times more of the substance or 7 ppm.

He said that while the FDA has set 1.4-2.4 ppm fluoride limit for bottled water and other bottled beverages, it has not set a fluoride limit on tea and should consider doing so.

Researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis claimed in January that instant tea beverages may be a source of harmful levels of fluoride, after finding that some regular strength preparations contain as much as 6.5 parts per million (ppm) of fluoride.

In the US the maximum level is set a 4 ppm maximum level for drinking water, 2.4 ppm is permitted in bottled water and beverages.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This seems odd. Many Eastern religions that put a premium on seeking enlightenment drink tea. I don't see how they would be ingesting something that is so counterproductive to their goals.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Thank you for you detailed relpy heffo7, there is so much more to learn. Im not sure what to do now as i love a good cuppa. I used to have 6 cups of coffee but converted to tea as a healthier option, looks like i should find another beverage.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Hi pluckynoonez, could you enlighten my dog and myself what is Crest ??

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I totally agree Karlhungis, this kinda throws a spanner in the worx doesnt it .

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Yeah I hear ya! Guess I'll go back to the Chardonnay

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Tea from the east contains far less fluoride. It's mainly black tea that has the outrageous fluoride content. I stick to white or green premium teas to get less fluoride, and only use spring water as a source. Less oxidation & fluoride, more EGCG.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
don't think he deserves to be called a dog, but the tittle is totally wrong.

as for a new drink try water but becareful where you get it. i only drink water or orange squash. i used to drink fanta but then found out it has anti-depressnt it, which is F'ed up how many kids drink that, scary.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iwannaseethisshipgodown

My title is wrong??? In what way. They say too much Fluoride calcifies the Pineal Gland, so after drinking 6 cups of tea a day for the last 10 years or so, hyperthetically and can be said that it may be rock solid.
Check your post....i think your (tittle) is wrong

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Crest is a toothpaste Scubagravy
(know you wasn't askin me, but I knew the answer so...)

Yes, fouride collects and calcifies in the pineeal gland, and yes that is where the 3rd eye is supposed to be in esoteric practices. Apparently boiling water, also concentrates the levels of flouride in water, so you're getting a double whammy when you drink hot drinks with added flouride goodness

Reverse osmosis is the way forward for water filters.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
im drinking tea right now. *sip*

this doesnt exactly cause me a lot of concern. *sip*

i guess i just havent paid enough attention to the Fluoride conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Here you go, bring yourself up to speed

www.fluoridealert.org...

Lots of things to be concerned about.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thankyou for your reply Acidtastic, so Crest is a toothpaste obviously containing no monofluorophosphate i take it. Pluckynoonez failed to mention her tea consumption rather commenting on my profile picture containing a dog. Boiling water concentrates Fluoride? wow, thats concerning. TPTB must rely heavily on the masses drinking their daily Tea and Coffee. Ive looked into Reverse Osmosis home kits, they are a little pricey for me at the moment.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The secret to good health is LOW consumption period, meditation, exercise and detoxification.

It maters nothing to a Yogi if there is fluoride in his tea...

He drinks 2 cups a day, eats a bowl of rice with some circulation improving herbs and spices and maybe a bit of fruit and vegetables...

less than most of us in the west eat for breakfast all day

His pineal will not calcify because he meditates and breaks it up daily through the vibratory sounds of a mantra

with hardly any consumption what poison does get in, is easily gotten rid of by his kidney's liver and various stretches in Yoga which open up the muscle tissue and prevent any poison from accumulating

He does breathing exercise and stimulates his lymph production carrying away what the spices don't from his blood

Now ... drink some tea with fluoride in it, while living in a polluted city, consuming bacon, eggs, milk and sausage for breakfast, working all day under artificial light under high stress, eating fast food loaded with fats and oil for lunch, do the same routine all afternoon as you did in the morning and go home to eat a giant hunk of meat and starch with sugar gravy poured on top... a couple hrs before bed, forget to exercise, don't get enough sleep, fail to mediate and repeat the process all year long

sure... at that point a bit of fluoride in your tea might be the straw that breaks the camels back and give you cancer.

Just sayin...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Here you go, bring yourself up to speed

www.fluoridealert.org...

Lots of things to be concerned about.

but.....but tea is delicious *sips*

actually....tea is just about the only thing in my diet that im aware of that has fluoride.

and the list of professionals concerns me a little. i dont think lawyers or chiropractors really have the expertise that would convince me to avoid fluoride. actually, those lawyers make me want to increase fluoride consumption just out of spite.

but whether its good or bad i dont get a whole lot of it. other things i consume will kill me faster.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You make some good points, though do not assume that do not already live by a healthy way of living. I guess it would be the straw that breaks the camels back for some, but i understand healthy living, so refining my choices are important. I enjoy Free Running or Parkour, without my fitness it may become Free Rolling.

<<   2 >>

join